The loneliness of the long distance gamer
  • I really like the idea of taking a sleeper coach from Scotland to London and awaking after a decent kip to the early morning streets of London as the bus gets to it's destination.

It's almost romantic.
  • It's not too shabby to be honest, but truth be told it probably sounds better than it actually is.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man said:

It's not too shabby to be honest, but truth be told it probably sounds better than it actually is.

regards

g.man

Oh, I'm sure I'd be bored by it if I actually did it.

But if you have to travel such a long distance then it seems like a reasonable way to do it.
  • There are certainly much worse ways of doing it. Plus, it's cheap as chips.

kerching!

g.man
  • Best of luck with the cameras g.man.

Although I shall probably end up watching the game and thinking of you everytime the camera switches!

Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Cheers Aaron.
    On my own tonight, which is no bad thing, because I've got a lot of thinking and planning to do in me head tonight for tomorrow. We got a fair bit done today, but a lot of it was planning and organising for what we need to achieve tomorrow.
    In the pub now for some food and a jar or two, then an early night beckons.

tomorrow will be taxing

g.man
  • Have a Guinness for me... I'm working away on my portfolio right now. Might have a beer after dinner. Brekle's Brown Ale – never heard of it, but it might be nice. 
  • Sweet. Nice to see you over here mate!

cheers

g.man
  • Cheers! I had pretty much given up on blurum. 

Feels homely here!
  • Indeed it does. It has that feeling you get once in a blue moon when you go into a house you've never been in before but for reasons you can't quite put your finger on it feels like home

regards

g.man
  • Annoying cockernee wankers now sitting next to me exercising their mangled vowels.

may be time to drink up

g.man
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've just exercised my mangled bowels. Now to bed.
  • Likewise.

nite all

g.man
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Sleep tight!
    The janitor.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hey everyone's going to bed just as I get here. :(
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I'm commuting. Let's be friends?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Naw.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Ha! Yes we may be friends, I'll start. It's 10:45 and I'm still in bed despite having about 55 hours of marking to do. You?
  • I just completed the commute out of the city via the skytrain and now im on the bus from Richmond to White Rock. In wearing a superdry leather jacket and Nike free running shoes.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Not wearing anything, about to get up and do a plank for 5 minutes, then shower, black coffee and a mountain of work. Sky trains, amazing. I don't remember the last time I was on a train.
  • The ironic thing is, the skytrain I was on is 90% underground. Until it arises and goes over the pacific ocean. IT'S THE FUTURE!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    We don't have the future here, just the present and the past. I am now going back in time to shower 20 minutes before I get out of bed, then coffee then work.
  • I am drinking cLose to 4 espressos a day. PALEO!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Not sure about espresso availability in the Paleolithic era.  An ex of mine pronounced it 'expresso'.  IT'S ESPRESSO FFS

• Ah, the expresso/espresso thing.

I forgot that g.man started this thread saying it was for all of us.  I endorse the the first post.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Posting on the bus while still asleep. Yay. Also, my phone appears to have gone mental.
  • Posting while asleep?

Also, g.man, what's this sleeper bus thing like?  I can't imagine it.
  • It's a re-fitted bendy-bus. 24 berths and 24 seats. Everyone gets a seat and a berth. Berths are three high from roof to ceiling. Not a lot of space, but adequate. Berths have mattresses, duvets and pillows. Also lights and sockets for mobiles and laptops.
    It's hardly luxurious, but it's a perfectly reasonable way to travel from Glasgow to London. They're expanding the service to to add Edinburgh to London as well.

s'alright

g.man
  • That's incredible.  I kept thinking it'd be like those seats you got to sleep in on a ferry, so just a bunch of reclining seats rather than a proper bed.  

Heck, I slept in smaller for 4 months in Afghanistan, I reckon I could manage that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!