The Racing Thread of Burnin' Rubber and Being Awesome!
  • I can play that, hallo.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    Downloaded Midnight Club: LA from Live, quicker than I thought it would be and it's actually the Complete Edition, which isn't apparent from the store. Doesn't seem readily available for much less either, it's like the future.
    I always presumed that Midnight Club would be like the handling in GTA, let me know what you think as I may pick that up, I like having stuff on my HDD!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's nothing like the handling in GTA, it's a crackling little game.
  • Get Golf GTi, tune to ze maximum, have the best fun ever.

Anyway, I thought we were all getting Burnout Paradise?! Huh?..... Okay then.

I'll have a look round for a copy of MC.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've got both. 

The car modding on MC is hilarious. I've a gold glitter sprayed low rider with zebra skin bonnet. 

PIMP.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    So worth £15 then?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm just downloading it, 6.15gb, not sure how long this'll take!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'd say so. I've revisited it twice since release and loved it. I'm planning to finish off the remaining events this week. The dlc is actually decent as well. 

It's super fast, great handling, the city is brilliant, car modding bonkers, some really memorable events. The bikes are not shit either.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    ...7%

Jesus wept, I won't be playing this tonight!
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Had my eye on this since someone mentioned it on the Edge forum, tempted to download if it's the Complete Edition.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Iain said it was, what does the Complete Edition consist of?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I think it's just the South Central DLC, which adds quite a big area and events to the city.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    I think it's just the South Central DLC, which adds quite a big area and events to the city.
    I've just looked...

Midnight Club: Los Angeles Compete Edition has everything that came included in the original jam-packed release of Midnight Club: Los Angeles, and also includes:

The South Central Map Expansion - Adding an entire extra 1/3 of Los Angeles territory to the already massive in-game map. Four distinct neighborhoods: Baldwin, Crenshaw, Exposition and Huntington - filled with such iconic landmarks as the USC campus, Shrine Auditorium, and Crenshaw Plaza.

The South Central Premium Upgrade - 9 new licensed vehicles including classic lowriders like the '64 Impala and mean luxury SUVs like the Range Rover Supercharged, plus a ton of new races, battle maps, delivery missions, red light races, vinyl packs, new aftermarket parts and new music.

South Central Vehicle Packs 1 & 2 - Hit the streets with 7 additional licensed vehicles: The Aston Martin DB9, Audi S5, Cadillac XLR V, Ducati 1098 R, Mercedes CL 65, Mitsubishi Eclipse GT and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ah yeh I forgot they were separate. I bought them all when they were on offer iirc.

Edit: in  fact I think the map expansion was free so people could still do MP races on it without buying the extra missions.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    The handling doesn't feel that different to GTA!

I suppose it will improve when I start getting better kit and sprucing up what I've already got...
  • The bonnet cam in GTA4 was a lot like PGR, especially with the sports cars iirc. I hated GTA4's (default) chase cam.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • I seem to remember spending a lot of time looking at the side of my car with GTAIV's chase cam. Bonnet cam was essential.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Midnight Club LA Complete is £10.85 on ShopTo.
  • Birdorf, I could kiss you. It's been out of stock so I went to Zavvi, their procrastinating has meant I can cancel and buy from ShopTo and get it by Wednesday.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I wish I hadn't bothered, Burnout Paradise is better...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    I wish I hadn't bothered, Burnout Paradise is better...
    It's totally different.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I haven't played Burnout for ages but it seemed similar, race through a city from point A to B. I'm still on my first car but I'm not liking the handling at all...
  • Picked, packed and sent by ShopTo within five minutes, whilst Zavvi had failed to do anything of note for the 18 hours I had MC sat in their system, and for four pound less.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Bone arse.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Is anybody else having issuses with Social Club? Midnight Club LA isn't showing up as being played and I hope it's not a side effect of getting this via GoD...
  • Skondo wrote:
    Motorstorm Pacific Rift.
    Fantastic multiplayer game, just a shame no one plays it anymore. Blur is also a great arcade racer, but again it's sadly neglected, partcularly on PS3.

Got Motorstorm Apocalypse as part of the E3 plus freebies, I'm tempted to spend a bit of time on it but the cars seems to have little traction and its a bit of a bounce about fest. 

Ridge Racer on the N64 was the last racing game i spent loads of time on. I could drift round all the courses like a mofo.. genius game.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've realised what it is that dilutes my enjoyment of 'street racer' games, it's the lack of any attempt at some degree of realism.

Do you want to cut this 90º corner?

Yes

No problem then, just go ahead.

But what about the lamposts, concrete benches and the flight of steps not to mention the kerbstones?

Meh.

I think I would enjoy these more if you had to stick to the road or the shortcuts had to be taken at a speed that would be suitable, yes by all means cut through the shopping mall but hitting a kerb at 90mph with 20" rims wouldn't see you make it to the doors let alone out of the other side. Perhaps that's why Burnout Paradise has been my favourite, because while racing there was the chance of wrecking your vehicle...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Haha. That's what I love about it though! Hurtling through streets and across the beach like a mentalist.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I prefer the realism, give me a seized BRM16 from over-revving over a streetbound, hurtling Jap import any day!

That said I do enjoy a good blast about town but like I said earlier it is Burnout Paradise that filled this gap for me. I don't think I'll bother with Forza's effort as if I'm going to go down this road I would rather do it with Most Wanted...
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    May have to turn the voices off, not a big fan of games with attitude.
    Was expecting horror handling, but it seems ok to me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!