Pro Wrestling
  • Well then last nights PPV
    Spoiler:
  • I can't believe I bought it, utter dregs.
  • Was total garbage other than the main event.

thoughts:

Has Dolph Ziggler done something wrong? I mean I'm a big fan of Ambrose but that match shouldn't have happened, they could have fed him someone else and protected Ziggler.

The Miz is the worst babyface I've seen in pro-wrestling in ages, Fandango has had his 15 minutes.

I really like Del Rio's in ring work, but RVD just looks knackered after 5 minutes in the ring. De Rio needs to keep this until they have someone worthwhile to upset him.

Axel and Punk was ok, but Curtis Axel is a total failure, there's no aura about him. I'm not sure about having to sit through Punk vs Ryback for another few PPV's either.
  • Watching NXT at the minute, this French kid's hilarious
  • Dolph has pissed someone off apparently.
  • Has anyone got a weirder real life than vader? 

I was reading the full wiki of the WWE and its transitions, ups, downs, takeovers etc. Fascinating! The retro fitting logos etc.. madness. 

Another question, is the shift to the PG rating stuff (black and white for blood etc) starting to alienate those who grew up through the Attitiude Era which put WWE back into the black? I ask considering that question relates directly to some if not most of you. 

The WWE cites demographic as the reason for the shift.. is that even true? 

Was blending RAW and Smackdown the right thing to do?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    Was blending RAW and Smackdown the right thing to do?

Though i havent been watching it lately, this can only bee a good thing. WWE virtually demoted half their roster with the draft and it never really took off. Are they getting rid of the Worlds Heavyweight belt as well? Thats been relegated to somewhere around the Intercontinental title imo. I watched Summerslam but may try and catch a bit more of it.

• Oh and whats this NXT thing?
  • nxt is where they school the new kids prior to entering into the main roster afaik
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • It is a bit like that but its like a pro wrestling version of xfactor in that the results are no doubt pre determined. I saw one episode where Daniel Brian was doing an assault course and he blatently could have done better but was failing on purpose (possibly as a direction)

Smackdown with raw merging has two benefits: you get punchier storylines bookended by monthly ppv conclusions (previously ppvs were exclusive to one or another). Also you get a nonsense two tied product where basically wherever cena was was the a grade product and the other one was shit.
  • NXT is completely different now, it's a self contained show with developmental or newly signed wrestlers. No X Factor style mentors or anything anymore.
  • Brand exclusive PPV's stopped ages ago. No Way Out 2007 was the last one. Ironically, now that they have merged the brands again, they actually have a strong enough talent pool to go brand exclusive again, but they won't go back. For long stretches of the post WCW world, Smackdown has actually been better than Raw, either despite, or because of the focus on Raw. It didn't matter that Cena was on Raw and thus got all the attention. Smackdown was often more consistent and logical, featuring better storylines and better in ring action.
    mk64 wrote:
    Another question, is the shift to the PG rating stuff (black and white for blood etc) starting to alienate those who grew up through the Attitiude Era which put WWE back into the black? I ask considering that question relates directly to some if not most of you.  The WWE cites demographic as the reason for the shift.. is that even true?  Was blending RAW and Smackdown the right thing to do?

The full on PG has gone - no more super gluing up cuts for example. It's unlikely to go TV 14 again simply because they are worth more to advertisers this way. But they live right on the edge of it. It's not the PG that alienates me. It's been the strange insistence on Randy Orton Must Be Face Despite Being A Complete Dick that's put me off the most. Plus stupid treatment of a lot of people down the years because they don't know what to do with them.

On to NOC/Raw. I didn't believe Bryan had won, and was waiting for Trips to come out. Didn't happen, so I was convinced it would happen on Raw. It did. Only seen that first segment, but what a load of bollocks that was.
  • Some people in the US got refunds from cable providers because of the title change on RAW. It basically feels like they want to give Bryan a big moment but are too scared to have him hold it through TV, because the money is in the chase. Saying that, they need to pull the trigger soon, or people will tire of this constant silliness. I'm betting he wins it at the survivor series.

And I'm back to hating HHH again, not because he's a good heel, but because his on screen wrestling IQ  is so low it's unbelievable, he mocks the faces and makes them look fucking stupid.
  • Yeah, when he had everyone on the ramp and he was running down the heels, and mocking everyone but Kofi he was pretty much being NWO which is shit. Trips shouldn't be cool. He should be a detestable dick.

Best for business is pissing me off. It's like someone watched the McMahon DVD and decided to regurgitate it. Glad the faces have had enough now though.
  • AWesome little promo here. Always though he had potential with his quirky style. I was a bit surprised WWE let him go:

• I watched TNA for the first time in months, for the most part I found it boring and directionless bar the EGO stable.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    I watched TNA for the first time in months, for the most part I found it boring and directionless

That's TNA.

But Bateman is in it now. Fuck. I just got clean.
  • Sean "X-Pac" Waltman on the Austin show has been fucking brutal. The poor bastard's had a wretched existence.

Molested as a kid; meth addiction; attempted suicide; literally tore his arsehole wide open during performance.
  • Have you got a link, Brooks?
  • He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Nice one mate, heard about this and been meaning to check it out.
  • Brooks wrote:
    literally tore his arsehole wide open during performance.

Twice. It's a shit move too.
  • Good interview with Bryan on the Austin podcast folks. I had a listen to Jericho's and much like in his book, he comes across as really obnoxious.
  • I loved his first book. The Austin podcast is quality, only started listening this week.
  • Jericho comes across really well in his books. And he said hi to me, so he's ace.
  • Well then, the WWE Network has been announced, here's the important bits from the FAQ:

1. What is WWE Network?
    WWE Network is a 24/7 streaming service with both scheduled programming and an on-demand library. WWE Network will include all 12 WWE live pay-per-view events including WrestleMania 30, groundbreaking original series, reality shows and documentaries, and the most comprehensive video-on-demand library featuring all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views and classic matches uncut and uncensored as well as replays of Raw and SmackDown episodes. Additional programming, including a live daily studio show coming this summer, and video-on-demand content will be added regularly.

2. How much will a subscription to WWE Network cost?
    A monthly subscription to WWE Network is $9.99 per month (plus tax where applicable) with a 6-month commitment.

6. What devices will WWE Network be available on?
    WWE Network will be available on desktops and laptops via WWE.com. On February 24, WWE Network will also be available through the WWE App on: Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices; Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy; iOS devices such as Apple iPad and iPhone; Roku streaming devices; Sony PlayStation® 3 and Sony PlayStation® 4; and Xbox 360. Availability on additional devices, including Xbox One and select Smart TVs, will follow this summer.  For more information, go to wwe.com/devices.

9. How and when will I be billed for WWE Network?
    You will automatically be billed $9.99 every month (plus tax where applicable). The charge will show up on your bill as “WWE Network Subscription.”
    10. What content will I find on WWE Network?
    WWE Network is a 24/7 streaming service with both scheduled programming and an on-demand library.  WWE Network will include all 12 WWE live pay-per-view events including WrestleMania 30, groundbreaking original series, reality shows and documentaries, and the most comprehensive video-on-demand library featuring all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views and classic matches uncut and uncensored as well as replays of Raw and SmackDown episodes.  Additional programming, including a live daily studio show coming this summer, and video-on-demand content will be added regularly.

11. Will WrestleMania be available as a part of this subscription?
    Yes, WrestleMania is included with your subscription.

13. Will Pay-Per-View events still be available outside WWE Network?
    Yes, WWE will continue to offer individual pay-per-view events to TV providers.  Please call your local cable or satellite provider for availability.

16. Will Raw, SmackDown and Main Event move to WWE Network?
    No, Raw, SmackDown and Main Event will continue to air on their current networks – USA, Syfy and ION television, respectively.  

20. Will WWE Network also be available through my cable or satellite provider?
    No, WWE Network is delivered directly to fans through over-the-top digital distribution on the following devices: desktops and laptops via WWE.com; through the WWE App on: Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices; Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy; iOS devices such as Apple iPad and iPhone; Roku streaming devices; Sony PlayStation® 3 and Sony PlayStation® 4; and Xbox 360. Availability on additional devices, including Xbox One and select Smart TVs, will follow this summer

21. Will all of the programming that premieres on WWE Network also be available via on demand?  
    Yes, all programming that premieres on the network will become immediately available in the video-on-demand library.

22. How quickly will content that premieres on WWE Network be made available on demand?
    Content that premieres on WWE Network will be available on demand immediately after it airs.

23. Does WWE Network programming contain advertisements?
    Most WWE programming on WWE Network will be commercial-free, however, there will be limited promotional content in select programs.

24. Is the entire WWE library available through on demand?
    WWE Network will launch with more than 1,500 hours of on-demand content, including all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views.  New, on-demand content will be added regularly.

25. Will WWE Network be available internationally?
    Beginning Monday, February 24, WWE Network will only be available in the United States. WWE Network is scheduled to launch in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Nordics by the end of 2014/early 2015.

26. Will all content on WWE Network be PG?
    WWE Network will contain a range of programming suitable for various audiences.  Content rated TV-14 or TV-MA will be preceded by appropriate advisory messages recommending viewer discretion.  Parental controls will be available for on-demand content.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I usually shell out for Wrestlemania for me and the wee lad to watch annually, a six month sub to cover that period is a bit of a bargain.
    Things can only get better.
  • I'll be getting it, I think I'd use it more than Netflix, plus, it pretty much pays for itself considering I'd buy WM, Rumble and Summerslam anyway.
  • Sounds like a great deal, can't wait to start watching some of the more obscure older programs I've heard about but never seen.  Will be a great solution against people like me who regularly illegally download their PPVs as well.  Everyone wins!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • If it stayed as 10dollar and got raw(unclear if the shows are on it or not) on it when it.comes to UK I'd consider it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!