Diablo IV
‹ Previous123456749
  • This is diablo IV now
  • I just can't get past my objection to its always-on DRM. It's that sort of nonsense that's driving me away from PC games. If the port to the 360 turns out to be any cop, I'll be all over it like a rash though.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    The Diablo III beta was my first experience with this series, really looking forward to the full thing (Monk for me too).
    Unfortunately I may be fucked over by the always online requirement for a while as i'm moving house about a week after this releases!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    How is the beta going? Haven't been able to download the client yet.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Only played it a few times but it looks and plays great. Co-op should be a lot of fun!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    If I buy this digitally off HActi-Blizz it costs £44.99

Off Amazon it's £32.91
  • I think I'll wait to see if this gets a yes or no for consoles before buying on pc. Am excite, though.
  • Anywhere cheaper than Amazon? I have booked a holiday during the week this comes out. Not just to play DIII but it is high on the list of things to do.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Probably a bit cheaper in the supermarkets on release day. But I don't buy games from them.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I think I'll wait to see if this gets a yes or no for consoles before buying on pc. Am excite, though.

Nah, it's definitely coming to Consoles, it's just a matter of when. Got mine pre-ordered at Gamestop. Midnight launch. Woop!
  • A console version has been kind of confirmed though hasn't it? Although they did back-peddal significantly by saying it was still very much in the early stages.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Should be good fun if it's linked with Battle.net along with the PC gamers. Which it surely will be.

The new skill system certainly does alleviate the reliance on hotkeys that would have meant PC gamers destroying console peasants dogs mountain-monkeys gents.
  • I wonder how Blizzard will get the micotransactions bit pass Live. Can't see M$oft agreeing that. Blizz taking a cut out of every item that gets sold for real cash in the auction house, but passing none on to the actual online-gaming provider? Unworkable. Nonsense like that which has drained my enthusiasm for this title really.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    MS were rumoured to have changed the rules of live to get Minecraft running though so perhaps they'd be open to a chat? 

I've got it due on PC anyway but after a quick blast on the beta weekend I saw nothing to worry consoles too much. Has the PS3 played much with Steamplay since the Portal 2 tie up way back when? Only just got me a PS3 so may well be out of the loop…  
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I can't see the game working very well on console anyway. How do you translate its pointy clicky nature? Pure Gauntlet aim and fire?
  • They say Torchlight worked quite well on the boxes.  Mind you, they say a lot of things.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If you use the code GAMES5 you get a fiver off it at Tesco, so it's £27. But they charge you immediately.

Anyway... SQUEEEEEE

Having played through 2 three times I'm ready to lose more hours of my life to carpal tunnel. 
  • I think Torchlight played better with a pad than point and click
  • regmcfly said:

If you use the code GAMES5 you get a fiver off it at Tesco, so it's £27. But they charge you immediately

Nope, that doesn't work any more.

Ah well, £32 isn't that bad.

• Cheers for the Amazon heads-up. iOS gaming has completely ruined my perspective on what a reasonable cost for a game is, but £32 is acceptable. I played the beta weekend and definitely like the feel of the Demon Hunter. I just wish there were no region locks on your characters - I'm having to convince my friend in the US to choose our server so I can play with all and sundry.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    People dress up as Witch Doctors for a laugh.

All it would take is a cursory glance from N'Gai Croal.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Search tool thing suggests this is the Diablo 3 thread. Is this true? 

Found this today. Blizzard suggest you really have to delete all the beta crap if you want a smooth load on 15th. Just FYI.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Link is borked. Or they took it down.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Linky told you to delete a Battlenet folder before you install if you had been on the beta. I'll try and hunt it down again.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm sure. I'll do that just to make sure it's a smooth ride come 11pm monday.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Amazon won't let me order this now. Why is that¿
  • My copy arrived from Tesco Entertainment this morning!

If only I could start playing it now rather than have to wait until Tuesday :(
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Oh, it has to unlock? The bastards.
  • The whole game is essentially a Demi-MMO, even if you play solo you can be affected by lag/disconnects.

Community is up in arms about it but then again they've all probably bought the limited edition too.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Found the cached page from Blizzard about battlnet and beta,

"
    Lurdlespor
    Blizzard Employee
    If you have installed the Diablo III beta at any point and intend to install Diablo III, please make sure that all Diablo III beta files are removed from your system prior to installing the full game.

This includes the Battle.net folder, which can be found in the following locations:

[WINDOWS XP]
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net

[WINDOWS VISTA/7]
    C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

MAC
    /Users/Shared/Battle.net

Once this folder and all other beta files are removed, simply run the installer again."

The page now reports as 404 so perhaps the installer will fix this but worth a quick look to see if it's there. Tesco did not post this to me today and it's still showing as 'awaiting dispatch'. 3 days to get it sorted Tesco. Harumph.

Now the fact I'm expecting the Blizz servers to melt and be completely impossible to log into for at least the first 2 or 3 weeks is irrelevant. Chop chop!

Edit: 
    Just found this too. Not sure if relevant to anyone here but FYI,

"New Downloaders for English and German

New Downloaders for English and German

We became aware of an issue affecting the previously available German and EU English versions of the digital install downloader for Diablo III, which would not download all the necessary files. If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in these languages before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
    1. Obtain the new Diablo III digital downloader using the links below

2. Point the download save at the same directory as before

3. If you chose the correct directory only 50MB will need to be downloaded to fix your install, otherwise you'll re-download the entire ~7.6GB

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912"
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ok, ordered on Play. Hopefully be here for next Friday.
‹ Previous123456749

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!