Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    ...news has it that Payday: The Heist is about to get some new content and it is in fact the very same Hospital that featured in No Mercy in L4D. You have to forcibly enter the Hospital and draw blood from the patients in quarantine, there will be no infected to battle against but this is a nice nod in the direction of L4D.

What have been the best examples of a crossover in a game and more importantly which games would you personally like to see give a knowing nod to another title?

Details about the Valve and Overkill Software team up have been revealed today; it is a DLC pack for Payday: the Heist called No Mercy. Unfortunately, Valve has debunked the rumour that the DLC would be a prequel to Left 4 Dead. However, the content will still be a cross over between Left 4 Dead and Payday: The Heist. It will apparently be a single piece of DLC for Payday: The Heist that will take place inside Left 4 Dead’s “Mercy Hospital.”

A trailer for the game was posted earlier today, with the beginning of it showing the phrase: ”Have you ever wondered how the Left 4 Dead series began? It started with a heist,”. However, the trailer was quickly pulled down and a new trailer was put up without that phrase in it, because according to Valve the mission description resulted from “over-excited marketing guys.”

Valve has confirmed that this DLC will not be considered cannon from the Left 4 Dead series, basically it is a piece of DLC that takes place inside the world of Left 4 Dead. There will be a cameo of at least one Left 4 Dead character in No Mercy, but we don’t know who that character is right now.

Here is the official statement from Valve:
    “This is a 100% Overkill made mission for Payday: Heist simply set in no mercy hospital from the Left 4 Dead series. It is not telling the origins of the Infection and is not canon. There is a little cameo from one of the L4D characters (the comic should give you a hint) and a fun little easter egg with a payoff later in Left 4 Dead. Just us having some fun with a studio we are friends with and who have also made a great co-op game.”
    No official release date for Payday: The Heist No Mercy has been set at this time. Hopefully we will have more details in the near future.
  • Have you ever wondered how the Left 4 Dead series began?

No, can't say I have

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Zombies need a nice long rest from gaming IMO. Overkill indeed.

In answer to the post, I like the Limbo and Babel Rising levels in Trials.
  • If games didn't take themselves too seriously, the scope for comedy crossover gold would be amazing.

Kratos in The Sims
    Rayman in Dark Souls
    and so on.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Have you ever wondered how the Left 4 Dead series began?
    No, can't say I have g.man
    I like stories and I'd love to play a L4D prequel, maybe individual chapters based on each character cumulating in a finale where, and how, they all meet...

Back on topic because my main genre is FPS's it is difficult to imagine game crossovers though I have often thought about how good it would be for a gaming universe to exist, a scenario where while playing GTA online the same city was hosting online Midnight Club races while Ace Combat'esque battles were taking place overhead.
  • Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja.
  • If games didn't take themselves too seriously, the scope for comedy crossover gold would be amazing. Kratos in The Sims Rayman in Dark Souls and so on.
    Those examples are fucking awful. JESUS.

I'm not a fan of crossovers, but it's nice to see knowing nods to classics of the past. You must gather your party before venturing forth, etc.
  • If games didn't take themselves too seriously, the scope for comedy crossover gold would be amazing. Kratos in The Sims Rayman in Dark Souls and so on.
    Those examples are fucking awful. JESUS. I'm not a fan of crossovers, but it's nice to see knowing nods to classics of the past. You must gather your party before venturing forth, etc.

don't you think I realised that? I spent THREE minutes thinking about something but then I thought well since you could probably switch most of the protagonists in any game and it wouldn't make the slightest difference, I would try for something left of field... 
    SO THERE...

*storms off, crying uncontrollably*
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Whining, surely.  Do dogs actually cry?

How about Nathan Drake and Lara Croft, in Unraided.  Or Tomb Charters.

Altair vs Agent 47 in Assassin's Man.  Not Hit Creed, though, that's a shit name, unless it's a Rocky game.

Marcus & Dom versus Kratos in Gears of... no, wait, God of... ah, fuck it.
  • wrong thread.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Whining, surely.  Do dogs actually cry? How about Nathan Drake and Lara Croft, in Unraided.  Or Tomb Charters. Altair vs Agent 47 in Assassin's Man.  Not Hit Creed, though, that's a shit name, unless it's a Rocky game. Marcus & Dom versus Kratos in Gears of... no, wait, God of... ah, fuck it.

you were winning with the Bad dudes comment, but they it was fail.

And yes, we can cry, we have tear ducts. we whine when we feel threatened.

So there.

Kratos In Dark Souls would be cool.
  • My Nathan/Lara idea was genuine, but then I got silly, yes.

Kratos in Dark Souls, though?  Really?
  • yeah. Just to see him get messed up by a skeleton with a sword.
  • Streetfighter x Tekken.

Fuck you Capcom.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Patapon + Katamari.

Make it so.
  • HOLY SHIT TAKE MY MONEY NOW THATS AWESOME
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Fifty Cent and Bulletstorm.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Ninja Gaiden and Viva Pinata.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fifty Cent and Bulletstorm.

I would play this game.

WHERE MA FUCKING SKULL BITCHTITS

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!