Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message

Late 2014 on PS360, Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Alien: Isolation

Alien: Isolation, the thrilling new survival horror experience from Creative Assembly. Over the coming months you’re going to find all the exciting new information, media, interviews, trailers and more for the most incredible Alien game to-date.

On a decommissioned trading station in the fringes of space, fear and panic have gripped the inhabitants. Players find themselves in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger as an unpredictable, ruthless Xenomorph is stalking and killing deep in the shadows. Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.

“In Alien: Isolation, we have taken the series back to the roots of Ridley Scott’s 1979 movie, the original survival horror,” said Alistair Hope, Creative Lead. “Our Alien is a truly terrifying creature, as intelligent as he is hostile, relentless, brutal and unstoppable. This is the Alien game fans of the series have always wanted.”

Alien: Isolation will be available in late 2014 for XBox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC. You can watch our first trailer above.

From the web:

Eurogamer.

IGN

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The Alien Isolation thread - This Thread will detonate in T minus 10 minutes.

This thread is still here...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Mother malfunctioned.
  • Not sure what to think of that trailer. It oscillated between awesome looking and crappy looking rather quickly, and why are they using silly environment flythroughs (unless that was the protagonist walking veeerry slowly on stilts) in public promo material. But not terrible though, only a 6 on the Destiny scale of crap promotional videos
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    why are they using silly environment flythroughs?
    Have you never seen Alien?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I guess those Amnesia games sold pretty well huh guys huh huh

Where's the Rift support though.
  • Based on the video.. hmm.. its quite feasible for rift stuff!

Curse you and your cynicism Brooks - the weird and wonderful that you enjoy can benefit from it just as much (probably more, feeling present in an improbable scene is probs a buzz, unless you're getting too avant garde for visuals at all)
  • Oh and no rift support for Amnesia, ironically enough, cause it uses OpenGL which still has no rift 'driver' (and by driver i mean hack) for it
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    OP updated with some actual information.
  • g.man wrote:
    LazyGunn wrote:

If it's a homage to the film then that's great but in this context it just looks like a cheesy thing i'd do to show off something pretty I made that has no use or character
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    LazyGunn wrote:

If it's a homage to the film then that's great but in this context it just looks like a cheesy thing i'd do to show off something pretty I made that has no use or character

Where are these environment fly through? All of that trailer looks like character movement and POV to me.

• BOOM.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • That looks amazing, but I suspect I'll never play it.
  • around 38 seconds in - i now see it's character movement but seems oddly high and very robotic.. rift support a must, brooks called it (im going to think that every time i see promo from now on where the head seems to be deliberately not animated too much)
  • Looks interesting, and would obviously be proper survival horror, but are the XBone brigade going to have the patience for a game based on what most of them would consider an inferior movie to Aliens, which contains (potentially) only one enemy to avoid? I'm obviously making presumptions about the majority of the game buying public and the game itself, but this doesn't look like something that would fly off the shelves as quickly as killing aliens with gun turrets and flamethrowers. They should be applauded for trying it, and it does look good, but it's a risky/ballsy design choice, surely?
  • I watched the second video, i really should have watched it before talking

I'll take back the shitness looking, it actually looks cool

But I also take back the OR suitability too cause if that head animation is all prebaked its going to be a pukefest on an OR unless you've acclimatised to it (the OR) by then
  • Also I dont even play the Total War games but reckon Creative Assembly have been one of the most consistently excellent developers of recent years, so I trust them with it. They certainly got the look absolutely perfect
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It is a risk, but hopefully there are enough people out there who want to play a game about running away from one alien instead of shooting hundreds for it to sell.

It's a new direction and one I'm glad someone has finally taken, as if they kept going down the space marine route we'd have ended up with QTE hand to hand executions or some shite. This will hopefully do the licence some justice.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Are the XBone brigade going to have the patience for a game based on what most of them would consider an inferior movie to Aliens, which contains (potentially) only one enemy to avoid?

What the fuck kind of bollocks are you talking?
  • It is a risk, but hopefully there are enough people out there who want to play a game about running away from one alien instead of shooting hundreds for it to sell.

It's a new direction and one I'm glad someone has finally taken, as if they kept going down the space marine route we'd have ended up with QTE hand to hand executions or some shite. This will hopefully do the licence some justice.

You've got a nice point there! And since this is me come back to talk about rift day, it could be a very good example of how moving slowly is a shitton more interesting than running about with explosions going on everywhere if you're sufficiently immersed - which was my point about rift Dear Esther being 10000000 times more entertaining than vanilla Dear Esther or any recent fps i've played
  • Oooh creative assembly win!
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Are the XBone brigade going to have the patience for a game based on what most of them would consider an inferior movie to Aliens, which contains (potentially) only one enemy to avoid?

What the fuck kind of bollocks are you talking?

XBone or brigade? XBone: First time I've ever used it myself. Brigade: The flashbangwhizpoppers. The early adopters; the majority of whom would have bought (or had a parent buy them) the shiny new console simply because it's a new piece of technology.

I'm not suggesting that any forum members who have purchased Xbox Ones can be lumped into this generalisation, if that's what's upset you, but are you honestly saying that you think the majority of the teens you hear on Xbox Live prefer Alien to Aliens (or have even sat through both films)?

Edit: Or the Playstation Squad. Or the Nintendo Company. I'm talking about the majority of gamers in general more than I'm talking about the fans of specific consoles, although the Xbox is an easier target due to the screaming American adolescents.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I practically never hear teenagers on Xbox Live because I don't play the games that tend to attract the teenagers.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's also available on the PS360, PS4 and PC. That was just the first video I found. Will update the OP.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That info is already in the OP.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I practically never hear teenagers on Xbox Live because I don't play the games that tend to attract the teenagers.

Apologies in advance for making another assumption, but do those games sell less well than the ones that do? That was my main point - it's an interesting move to create a survival horror setting based on a evading a solitary predator (second video wouldn't work for me, so I may be well off the mark with that assumption too), when the megabucks titles seem to be all about perks, thrillcams and killstreaks.

I haven't turned my headset on with unknowns for years (or indeed played against any since the Halo 4 launch week), so I'm only guessing they're still out there to be fair.
  • As much as I'd like to be positive about this, Sega has a lot to make up for after Colonial Marines. I'll be waiting for reviews before jumping in this time - they honestly cannot afford to stick a review embargo on this one, it'll just make more people believe it's gone the way of CM.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

Apologies in advance for making another assumption, but do those games sell less well than the ones that do? That was my main point - it's an interesting move to create a survival horror setting based on a evading a solitary predator (second video wouldn't work for me, so I may be well off the mark with that assumption too), when the megabucks titles seem to be all about perks, thrillcams and killstreaks.

I haven't turned my headset on with unknowns for years (or indeed played against any since the Halo 4 launch week), so I'm only guessing they're still out there to be fair.

Yes, they do sell less, but that doesn't mean that games have to reach CoD/GTA levels of sales to be successful and remain financially viable, and there are many more esoteric games which have done very well on Xbox. Let's not forget that this is the games machine that turned Jonathon Blow into some kind of indie game god.
  • Looks cool.
    They need to sort that flashlight beam out though, it looks pants.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

I've fixed the first video.

‹ Previous123456737

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!