Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Raiziel said:

Speedhaak said:

I'm not sure if there's a market for such low-fantasy in the MMO field. 

Wot?

I mean look at MMOs like Age of Conan and Darkfall - Low Fantasy MMOs don't attract as many subs as 'Mad as Hatters' ones such as WoW and what not. Just a comment, not saying I'm ont excited. 
  • The whole point of Skyrim was that you, the player, were 'special'. Nobody's special in an MMO - you're just some other chump wandering around sub-Tolkien land.
    XBL DirtyAmpyNoakes; PSN Dampy64
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Ah now...
  • The whole point of Skyrim was that you, the player, were 'special'. Nobody's special in an MMO - you're just some other chump wandering around sub-Tolkien land.

I never, ever felt special in Skyrim.

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Awwww. :(
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Speedhaak said:

Raiziel said:

Speedhaak said:

I'm not sure if there's a market for such low-fantasy in the MMO field. 

Wot?

I mean look at MMOs like Age of Conan and Darkfall - Low Fantasy MMOs don't attract as many subs as 'Mad as Hatters' ones such as WoW and what not. Just a comment, not saying I'm ont excited. 

Wasn't being a big meanie or anything, but not since Warcraft has a game had a heavily built-in user base. Zenimax Online need the Bizzard touch to make it gold, though
    Get schwifty.
  • So this 'Scrolls Co-op venture then, which neatly abbreviates to 'TESCO', lumps the Wood 'n' High Elves in with the Khajiit to form the Aldmeri Dominion, just so playable races can be neatly divided into Hoard vs Alliance type camps. 

Butchering the lore just to shift units? The more I hear of TESCO, the more I despair.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    TESCO - I lol'd.
  • Just saw a tweet regarding Kingdoms of Amalur

@ezra620 wrote:
    @ReckoningGame Completed the main game, Dead Kel, and Teeth of Naros! Just over 110 hours, starting new character this weekend, great game!
    I have a LOOOOOOOONG way to go.

On another note, I have fully levelled Serah and Noel in FFXIII-2. I also have level 99 monsters including:
    Purple Chocobo
    Black Chocobo
    Blue Chocobo
    Green Chocobo
    Twilight Odin

I had a level 99 Red Chocobo, but infused it into a level 45 Golden Chocobo, I also had a level 70 Yakshini which I infused into my Purple Chocobo.

You can probably tell I did a little grinding.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I really should get back into XIII-2 again.
    Get schwifty.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    110 hours? Nice. I was around 50 hours when I got sucked into other things. Back in the land of MMOs now so little oppertunity to polish off SP games :/
  • Oooo speaking of Kingdoms of Amalur, it's my birthday on Sunday and the fiance said I could go and get whatever I wanted (within reason). I was thinking Kingdoms of Amalur as I have been meaning to get it for ages....

Would you guys still recommend it?
    Whats the download content like (it sounds pretty good).
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I was going to recommend Witcher 2 over Amalur, but then I recall you're already playing that... I hated KoA's demo, and the fact that it ain't got a dedicated thread here should speak volumes.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I've actually played the game.  It's aces.  Get it.
    Get schwifty.
  • @Blocks: Yeah I did buy The Witcher day of release whereas I waited for KoA, showed which one was the priority there!

However I have reached the point where I really want it! @Raz and Stormy: Awesome.
  • Oooo speaking of Kingdoms of Amalur, it's my birthday on Sunday and the fiance said I could go and get whatever I wanted (within reason). I was thinking Kingdoms of Amalur as I have been meaning to get it for ages.... Would you guys still recommend it? Whats the download content like (it sounds pretty good).

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY ON SATURDAY!!!!

ARE WE TWINS?!!?!?!!?
  • HOLY SHIT!!!! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES!!!

Oh hang on, my birthday's on Sunday. Your is on Saturday. Twins would be on the same day. :(

Although if Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito can be twins, so can we!
  • HOLY SHIT!!!! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES!!! Oh hang on, my birthday's on Sunday. Your is on Saturday. Twins would be on the same day. :( Although if Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito can be twins, so can we!

Maybe our mother just had a tough time getting you out of her stomach?
  • Or perhaps our birth times were 12th May 11.59 pm and 13th May 00.01 am?!
  • EXACTLY!!!!!!
  • Haha amazing.

New tagline for the website.
    The Bear and Badger
    Brings familys back together again!
  • Separated at birth, just like the Bhaal spawn!

Feck, Amalur 'cupboard, you should play this instead:
  • Choke wrote:
    XII is awesome. X less so. IMO etc etc
    Also okami.

Okami - yes! Will pick up a copy tomorrow. Am I right in thinking it's like Zelda but by Capcom (Clover)?

belated reply but - yes it's much reminiscent of a 3d zelda game, but unchained and whimsical and developing into a rather crazy ride far away from the constraints of a zelda structure, and its beautiful too, give it a shot
  • Oh AND i know im many years too late but i'm starting to actually get along with World of Warcraft thanks to some excellent company, its actually pretty awesome played with some good pals, but i can still see it being an iretrievably dire experience on ones own
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    Choke wrote:
    XII is awesome. X less so. IMO etc etc Also okami. Okami - yes! Will pick up a copy tomorrow. Am I right in thinking it's like Zelda but by Capcom (Clover)?
    belated reply but - yes it's much reminiscent of a 3d zelda game, but unchained and whimsical and developing into a rather crazy ride far away from the constraints of a zelda structure, and its beautiful too, give it a shot

I never really enjoyed Okami. It's too loose. It doesnt feel tight enough to really be a great videogame. At the time, it was beautiful, new, original (in that it took Zelda and made a Zelda). Today, there are better examples of everything out there.
  • Cheers Google, Gunn - I've picked up a copy now but haven't had time to play it - maybe at the weekend, I'll have a chance to give it a whirl. I do like Zelda (Wind Waker and Ocarina) but the later ones never really appealed to me, and Okami looks gorgeous. What do you mean by 'loose' Google? Too unstructured?
  • Choke wrote:
    Cheers Google, Gunn - I've picked up a copy now but haven't had time to play it - maybe at the weekend, I'll have a chance to give it a whirl. I do like Zelda (Wind Waker and Ocarina) but the later ones never really appealed to me, and Okami looks gorgeous. What do you mean by 'loose' Google? Too unstructured?

To put this into context, I'm not a massive Zelda fan anyway, so I was never going to fall in love with this particular game but I'll try and explain my thoughts.

The game seems to have some forced longevity. Cut scenes take a huge amount of time. There's a lot of fetching and running from one edge of the world to the other. While there is often only one specific story quest going on at any one time, it's never particularly helpful in telling you what to do, where to  go, who to do it with, etc.

It's been (4/5?) years since I played it. 

Just dont go in expecting to find the perfect videogame. If you have patience, enjoy Zelda type experiences and enjoy the artistic stylings you'll enjoy it.
  • Cool, ok. As long as the visuals continue to surprise, I'll be willing to wander semi-aimlessly through the world. I just hope the signposting isn't too obtuse.
  • Choke wrote:
    Cool, ok. As long as the visuals continue to surprise, I'll be willing to wander semi-aimlessly through the world. I just hope the signposting isn't too obtuse.

OK. The visuals, even at the time, were nothing other than cel-shading. I think the reason the internet went crazy because it was OMGJAPANHISTORY!!!!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!