Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Escape wrote:
    [racing-striped] Ford Ka,

Your what now.

Dependable transporter.

Unless you'd have me accelerate my emotional witheration via a people-heavy career in pursuit of a shiny dick with two chairs?
  • "Racing-striped".  You might as well label an unwashed potato "gourmet delight".
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That depends on the potato.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • WANT.

"Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Distinct lack of driving over anything more challenging than some flat sand though.
  • I mean I think my car could probably do that.
  • We all get company cars at work. Some of the lads have been hit badly with the company car tax so three have plumped for one of these:

mitsubishi-l200-barbarian-test-drive-20377-image1.jpg

Nice turning up to a clients site in one of these to fix their computers. They are dreadful, very agricultural to drive.
  • I've just sold my mk5 Golf GTI - lack of distance to work means it was a waste to have that kind of car for the journeys I make.

I'm looking at putting about £1500 back in and getting a runaround to last me a couple of years - here's my short list:

Polo 1.0e
    Clio 1.2
    Fiesta 1.25
    Corsa 1.0

I want something that's cheap to insure/fuel/maintain/tax that won't collapse - any other suggestions are welcome
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    I mean I think my car could probably do that.
    Not if there was a fridge in your way.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • danclarke wrote:
    I've just sold my mk5 Golf GTI - lack of distance to work means it was a waste to have that kind of car for the journeys I make. I'm looking at putting about £1500 back in and getting a runaround to last me a couple of years - here's my short list: Polo 1.0e Clio 1.2 Fiesta 1.25 Corsa 1.0 I want something that's cheap to insure/fuel/maintain/tax that won't collapse - any other suggestions are welcome

Myself and my family have been using Seat Ibizas and Polos as extra run around cars for years now. Only one at a time but they fill in when another car is being fixed or it gets filled up for runs to the dump.

At the moment we have a 1.4l 1998 Seat Ibiza, fully comp insurance is £300 a year with 2 over 50s and 2 mid 20s named on it, Tax is low and we self service it etc. If it needs anything expensive we will just scrap it and buy another £1000 car but so far it's lasted 5 years.

The best one we had was a mk2 Polo 1l, my brother bought it for £200 for the panels but wrote off his G40 before switching them. It lasted years, 90% of parts needed were from the scrappies and it had a bad ass Starsky and Hutch white stripe down the side of it.
  • danclarke wrote:
    I've just sold my mk5 Golf GTI - lack of distance to work means it was a waste to have that kind of car for the journeys I make.

I'm looking at putting about £1500 back in and getting a runaround to last me a couple of years - here's my short list:

Polo 1.0e
    Clio 1.2
    Fiesta 1.25
    Corsa 1.0

I want something that's cheap to insure/fuel/maintain/tax that won't collapse - any other suggestions are welcome

The wife bought a Nissan Note 1.5 diesel recently. Over 60 MPG, cheap insurance, £20 a year tax

Came with sat nav, nice alloys etc. Not the best image wise but definitely an option if cost is important
  • After getting my first year of driving out of the way in my 10 year old Fiesta 1.3 I think I need to upgrade. I was in the thinking of getting a Leon FR diesel but the insurance is over a grand and id been paying off the finance for 4 years. Anyone got any suggestions on something thats sensible but still fairly quick but not as crazy to insure?
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • You'll be paying of the finance for 3-5 years on any new car, so I wouldn't worry about that.  You can sell it and pay it off at any time, or trade it in and have any excess value over the outstanding finance put forward as a deposit.

Nothing exists that's quick but not crazy to insure for someone with 1 year's NCB, unfortunately.  I had an old 51 plate Mk IV Golf GT TDI PD 150 that was surprisingly quick, and eminently sensible, and you could pick one up for £2000, but they're still group 15 insurance.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    "Racing-striped".  You might as well label an unwashed potato "gourmet delight".

I had a few days to find a car, the Fiesta I wanted had gone, and it was only meant to be temporary. But it's been good to me and it's cheap. And I think there's a charming doofussity in those two white stripes on Viper red.

Let's have some proper motoring.

7fMu4.jpg
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Damien Hirst's Ferrari and Ronnie O'Sullivans Lamborghini parked outside Hirst's place earlier today...

7502553596_bde772b6d0_o_d.jpg

...I like how Hirst thinks he's above the law, the bloke really is a cunt.
  • Are you stalking him now?

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Its the system thats wrong surely. Hes a dick for parkin like a nob but the amount of money he earns renders the fine utterly pointless
  • Is the lack of a numberplate rather than the parking not the problem?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Ilfracombe is a very small town, it's impossible to drive for more than 30 seconds without seeing somebody you know...

...also I didn't take the picture as I've been at work all day but thought I'd show photographic proof of what I mentioned the other day.

EDIT: It was the number plate I was talking about, I can't moan about the other 'cause we all park there!
  • retro74 wrote:
    Is the lack of a numberplate rather than the parking not the problem?
    Well spotted, I assumed parking.

Either way its still only 60 quid and no points
  • Oh, is that all?  I thought he'd parked in a disabled spot or something.
  • Is that all!?! IS THAT AALLLLL!?!

Exactly no children die every year through people not having plastic rectangles on their super cars
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I might take the number plate off my Multipla and see how long I'd get away with it...

...shouldn't have no problem with the disabled bays driving a Multipla.
  • I would rather walk than drive a multipla
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Is that all!?! IS THAT AALLLLL!?! Exactly no children die every year through people not having plastic rectangles on their super cars
    Exactly no people have died from my speeding but the courts have still deemed it necessary to ban me 3 times.

This wasn't in the Multipla, it was on my bike and once in a VW Transporter.
  • Calm it moto i was only kidding.

Youve been banned 3 times!?!
    You shouldnt be allowed a license
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    That is a Loading Only bay. Jus sayin.
  • Ah, is that what it is.  Well then they should both be loaded or something.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!