Minecraft for PC
  • EXP from mining has the serious probability of me becoming highly obsessed with digging.
  • voices wrote:
    That downwards knockback was very annoying, so that's a big improvement in my eyes. There was nothing worse than being inches from the surface, but unable to get out.

It was fucking awful. Delighted to see it gone.

The brilliant thing about smelting giving you EXP? If you use charcoal, it's a renewable resource. So even making the fuel will give you EXP. Just so you know, there will be a huge increase in the amount of stone suddenly appearing in the Community Shelter.

We're also getting the ability to write in books.
  • Ooohh never thought about smelting up charcoal for exp, I can't wait to have a full set of lvl50 armour and weapons.
  • On enchanting stuff, how does one do it exactly? Just pick the highest number you can and hope for the best?
  • Yes, the enchantments are random. Each enchantment has a level and you can also have multiple enchantments on one item so the higher the exp level you enchant with the better the effect and more chance of multiple effects.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I barely know what any of this means!

So my EXP has to match the EXP of the enchantment?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • As you collect exp orbs you get a lvl on the bar under your health. When you put an item on an enchantment table you get three numbers to choose from between 1 and 50 if you choose a number below your lvl then it uses up that much exp and leaves you with what's left over if the numbers are higher then your lvl then they are grayed out. Taking an item on and off the table gives you three different random numbers.

The book/enchantment set up that dante has built gives the maximum lvl possible so for low level enchantments another table setup is probably better
  • You can place torches on the bookshelves if you want a lower level enchantment.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Mind boggles. Okay I think I got that.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • I wish I'd known that before. I've been fucking about moving enchantment tables to get the numbers I want up until now.
  • Trip wires also coming in 1.3
  • I want ropes, to assist in spelunking.
  • Just tries to post the full changelog from the wiki but can't formatting to work on my phone.

Hardcore multiplayer sounds interesting.
  • The formatting is fucked if you're posting from the same place I linked to.
  • Yeah, you know why people don't enchant? The penalty for death is way too fucking harsh. Exploring, I found a skelly spawner. Which happened to have a creeper in it. With no time to react the fucking thing blew up, taking the spawner and half my EXP with it. Which took me forever to get in the first place.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I consider most of this a spoiler. So have done my best to edit but avoid reading the most part.
    Spoiler:
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Sorry, the editing hasn't read properly- if its totally unreadable, well shoot me.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Yeah, you know why people don't enchant? The penalty for death is way too fucking harsh. Exploring, I found a skelly spawner. Which happened to have a creeper in it. With no time to react the fucking thing blew up, taking the spawner and half my EXP with it. Which took me forever to get in the first place.

I couldn't agree with this more if someone had a gun to my head screaming "AGREE MORE!" at me over and over again.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Performance stuff is goood. Also, the demo mode is a good thing.
  • OK, my mob trap seems to work, I just need to make the room square so there is no where to hide, and then figure out how to give access for shooting whilst still keeping it dark enough to spawn things. Possibly some kind of piston thing. When I get it right I'll replace the walls with obsidian, and then we can't have any creeper related accidents.
  • Your pet zombies are very noisy.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Heh.

So I was digging about and found a zombie spawner. Only thing is it's already surrounded by candles and I can't figure out where any of you would've come from to get there.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Essentially my mine either joins onto someone else's mine or it was like that when I got there.
  • My mine recently knocked through to dantes under the community shelter and we are all digging quite close together so it could be anybodys.
  • Ah, that bit. Careful, there is a fuck ton of Lava about there.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Is this ever on cheap or always £16.95
  • Pretty sure it always that much, although I've never looked again since I bought it.
  • beano wrote:
    Heh. So I was digging about and found a zombie spawner. Only thing is it's already surrounded by candles and I can't figure out where any of you would've come from to get there.

Mystery solved, it was me and Tractor. I couldn't really figure out my way back either!
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Is this ever on cheap or always £16.95

I believe there is some kind of demo mode now if you haven't played it already.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!