Escape the Room
‹ Previous123456717
  • Ok, so i'm gonna throw this out here and see what happens. 

This is Escape the Room - http://cluequest.co.uk/ - essentially you form a team (max 6) and get locked in a room (ala a bit like crystal maze). You then have 1 hour to figure out the puzzles and clues to get unlock the door. 

I'm really up for this and if this bombs i'll just got with my mates or work mates but I thought i'd throw it open to all of you lovely forumites. 

Its in London.. but if you can get to it for the day (it only lasts an hour but I presume we have to get there 20mins before) then you are invited. If there are more than 6 of us we can see about sorting it out where we race in teams. 

The cost for this one (there are other companies doing similar things) is about £22-£25 which is quite a lot for an hour of "fun" but should be a fucking mental laugh. 

I'm gonna suggest the date as Saturday the 1st of November. That way people who want to save to pay for it and travel etc can do so and those who will need a free pass or to make arrangements for kids etc can do so. When a team of 6 is made we will arrange timings between us. 

Let me know if you would like to come, when we hit 6 we can sort out the payments etc (not sure if we need to pay upfront or not) but i'll look into that if this works out. 

So let me know if you would like to come!

Definites: MK, Yoss
    Maybe: Ace, Gonz, Elmlea
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Do you have to bring shoe laces?
  • Sounds like fun actually. I wouldn't be able to make it since it's in London though :( And also I'd probably be legit crap at it.
  • you dont have to bring laces but if you do you will get bonus points :) 

Outlaw there are others around the country you should google and get some friends together.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Macchiato carpet; cream walls; Moon curtains.
  • eh?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    My mates did this and said was good.

I'm a "definitely maybe"
  • I love stuff like this, I'd be all over it if I was near.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Do they have it in the midlands?
  • no idea but I found a website earlier when i started looking into this which said there are 16 open in the uk right now
  • if we go i think we should all use eachothers forum names when in the room. Will probably confuse the fuck out of everyone else!
  • visions of people shouting GONZOOOO lol
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Colour me interested.
  • Goober was talking about this last time I saw him, actually. It sounded good. Let me have a think.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • A billion kudos points to anyone who inputs noclip i.e. punches through wall.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    A billion kudos points to anyone who inputs noclip i.e. punches through wall.

Only a gamer would do that ;-)
  • Alternative hack - everyone starts screaming in terror/for help; rush the staff when they open up to check on the party.
  • Would taking a dump in the middle of the floor count as casting a team buff, actually?

I mean it could make everyone try to think even harder about how to get out.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Chuckle @ gonz. Fucka.

MK - it'll just be us in there won't it??
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Ok, so i'm gonna throw this out here and see what happens.  This is Escape the Room - http://cluequest.co.uk/ - essentially you form a team (max 6) and get locked in a room (ala a bit like crystal maze). You then have 1 hour to figure out the puzzles and clues to get unlock the door.  I'm really up for this and if this bombs i'll just got with my mates or work mates but I thought i'd throw it open to all of you lovely forumites.  Its in London.. but if you can get to it for the day (it only lasts an hour but I presume we have to get there 20mins before) then you are invited. If there are more than 6 of us we can see about sorting it out where we race in teams.  The cost for this one (there are other companies doing similar things) is about £22-£25 which is quite a lot for an hour of "fun" but should be a fucking mental laugh.  I'm gonna suggest the date as Saturday the 1st of November. That way people who want to save to pay for it and travel etc can do so and those who will need a free pass or to make arrangements for kids etc can do so. When a team of 6 is made we will arrange timings between us.  Let me know if you would like to come, when we hit 6 we can sort out the payments etc (not sure if we need to pay upfront or not) but i'll look into that if this works out.  So let me know if you would like to come! Definites: MK Maybe: Ace, Gonz

I was at that yesterday!

It's not my cup of tea.

A team no larger than 4 is a good look. 5 is manageable. 6 people will frustrate.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Would taking a dump in the middle of the floor count as casting a team buff, actually? I mean it could make everyone try to think even harder about how to get out.
    I'm not on Brooks' team.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • dynamite, what didn't you like about it?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I was in a team of 6... It went all 'Lord of the Flies' within minutes.

Seeing as it meant less to me, and I hate deadlines, I spent much of the time waiting for it to end so I could get a pint. A tip for the top... Have one half of your team search for clues, and have the other half process them (i.e. cross of passwords, make a list off clues, and flag related items, etc). 

I ended up in a situation where everyone ran off after the brightly coloured shit, got lucky with a few puzzles, and then started their own fucking missions so to speak...

My most significant contributions as a result, consisted of me shouting everyone into a huddle, and pointing at things that everyone else found too boring to examine. Also understand that the key puzzles aren't particularly hard (as a game, it is much easier than the Room. Though there are plenty of similarities).

I do suspect that a team of 4 badgers could rag the thing though...

Apparently (and I know you'll appreciate this MK), there's a 20 minute record for acing one of the two room designs. Nuff' respec'. My team took just over an hour (they'll give you leeway, so long as you make progress).
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • This sounds amazing.  I'm only a couple of hours away from London on el train.  Think I might be free that weekend, but it might be when I'm just back from another work trip to the US.  Can I be a maybe?
  • maybe is good enough for me - you're in
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Can you call in a tactical drone strike if we get stuck?
  • Is a tactical drone strike you harping on about something or other?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Is the door pretty sturdy?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Looks like I'm away that weekend now - So I'm out :-(
  • oh muzzy :(
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Not so ace now, am I?
‹ Previous123456717

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!