Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, co-op with Webbo For the fourth time on Realistic. 

I really do like it a lot. It's nowhere near perfect, but the gunplay is great and some of the level design is inspired. Multiple ways of breaching or infiltrating rooms, moody lighting and working out when best to silence your weapons. 

Brilliant co-op experience, and playing on Realistic is the way to do it. Sure, enemies have a sixth sense and you die a lot. But it just makes it all the more tense.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mario Tennis is now done. Hrm. It was alright, I guess.

Also, Redeye - what's the word on them CoDs.

And I have Minerva's Den unfinished...
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, co-op with Webbo For the fourth time on Realistic. 

I really do like it a lot. It's nowhere near perfect, but the gunplay is great and some of the level design is inspired. Multiple ways of breaching or infiltrating rooms, moody lighting and working out when best to silence your weapons. 

Brilliant co-op experience, and playing on Realistic is the way to do it. Sure, enemies have a sixth sense and you die a lot. But it just makes it all the more tense.

Aye, it was good, Frantic. Really enjoyed that last section before the 'jump the shark' ending. I only wish the controls were more customisable, clicking right stick to bring up scope will always feel alien. If Brink will let you set any button, all games should. This still does good business online but the control spacktitude stops me enjoying it to its fullest. Terrorist Hunt should be tense though.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Also, Redeye - what's the word on them CoDs.

Yeah, I had MW1 and MW2 in the attic. I have retrieved them from said attic and they are available for sale.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2. Loved every minute.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    My work here is done.
    Get schwifty.
  • Aye, thanks for the reminder :).
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Liked it. Weird, strangely beautiful, great soundtrack. The game constantly urging me to tweet got on my nerves, and the backtracking got a bit boring. But I seem to find the simple 2D look more immersive than a fancy big budget 3D game. If you like the look of the trailer and like adventure-puzzle games then I recommend it.
  • Motorstorm Apocalypse
    Finished the single player mode. Very frustrating game this one, looks great, plenty of spectacle but the driving isn't that much fun.
    The palette is so grey and dull that half the time it's nearly impossible to figure out the route ahead through all the smoke and debris. 
    The rubberbanding on the AI is some of the worst I've come across which does ease the frustration either.

MP seems like a good time though so I may play that again but I'll not be looking to gold all the levels on this motorstorm
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    So I finished The Saboteur.

It was.....a game.

Poor decisions run through it like a river, the story is complete bobbins, you don't get to be a saboteur anywhere near enough. That said, there's still something inescapably enjoyable about shooting Nazi's in the face.
  • LA Noire last night. Excellent but I understand why people have a lot of hate for it
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What did you find excellent about it then?
  • Excellent motion capture type thing. That's. About. It.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Boring Rockstar fetch quest balls. GTA gets away with it for its humour and radio stations.
    Plus you can reload a save if you fuck up which ruins the game.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Binary Domain
    Took me a while to get going with this, not sure what I expected - thought it would be more Gears of War than Mass Effect in terms of story / cutscenes etc. Know I messed up the first two chapters just by rushing through it. Then Cain arrived in chapter 3. 

caine_786_poster.jpg

He's a robot with a French accent, y'know, because. After this, Cain and I were inseparable. I didn't really give a toss what happened to the rest of my team as long as long as Cain was by my side, telling me my shooting was 'magnifique.' From thereon, Cain and I bossed it through the rest of the game, some RIDICULOUS boss fights that took 15 minutes plus, and some of the best shooting ever, because of destructible parts from the robot (shoot as many parts off before you kill them etc).  Fucking yas. I recommend everyone play this game just to see a Japanese take on Mass Effect, broken systems and all. 

Plus you can press LB then say 'fuck' into your headset and it understands you.

My game of the year so far.
  • Regarding your last seven words Reg, are you serious? The demo was crap....
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I finished Uncharted 2 last night. Don't really know why in the end, didn't enjoy that much of it, story was kinda what kept me going.

Meh, gameplay wasn't very good, animation wasn't great either, vista's were pretty but you could hardly see them because there was always something that you really needed to shoot otherwise it'd shoot you. 
    Overall the story didn't finish that nicely I thought, expected a bit more, with Chloe etc. Some funny jokes were made, but I still think Nate talks too much. Should really learn to shut his mouth when there's hardly anything to say. I also don't want him to tell me what I should be thinking at moments.
    Hints were also hit and miss, sometimes it would hint me at something before I even had the chance to look around, other times it would take ages to lead me in the right direction.

Hammer/grenade launcher was a lot of fun though, specially as I had one in one of the last loads-of-enemies-thrown-at-you-so-we-can-extend-the-game-a-little encounters.

Cheated the last boss fight, looked up an easy way on youtube.
    Spoiler:
    Anyway, finished it, was short enough in the end.

Now, onto the Minerva's Den DLC (now that's been mentioned again) or Batman Arkham Asylum?
  • Get the DLC first, think it's about 5-8 hours long, then crack on with Bats I reckon.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    Regarding your last seven words Reg, are you serious? The demo was crap....

Never played the demo but I can say in the game the shooting was very satisfying and it mixed it up a lot and it ha A FUCKING FRENCH ROBOT.

It really is Nip Effect tho.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Everyone on my twitter is now going for the BD. 

DO IT LADS
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That says more about Twitter than it does the quality of the game Reg.
  • You shut your damn mouth
  • The popularity of Binary Domain on this here forum says a lot about this here forum's tastes.  I honestly don't know how some of you have the time to suffer that kind of shite and still get through more games, films, books, TV series, cooked meals, fitness regimes and, frankly, posts and threads on this forum than I'd ever manage.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    miaow.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    The popularity of Binary Domain on this here forum says a lot about this here forum's tastes.  I honestly don't know how some of you have the time to suffer that kind of shite and still get through more games, films, books, TV series, cooked meals, fitness regimes and, frankly, posts and threads on this forum than I'd ever manage.

This.

Reg has always had terrible taste though.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • I also like Binary Domain, its silly and not enough games are silly these days. I cant stomach another game that tries to make think, fuck em all, all of em, right in the butt cunt
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    some RIDICULOUS boss fights that took 15 minutes plus,
    This alone puts me off the game.
    regmcfly wrote:
    because of destructible parts from the robot (shoot as many parts off before you kill them etc)
    Reminds me of Metal Arms, that was cool. You could destroy robots limbs but if say it was his gun arm he wouldn't stop shooting, the arm and gun would just drag along the floor firing in random directions.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!