regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    adkm1979 wrote:
    The popularity of Binary Domain on this here forum says a lot about this here forum's tastes.  I honestly don't know how some of you have the time to suffer that kind of shite and still get through more games, films, books, TV series, cooked meals, fitness regimes and, frankly, posts and threads on this forum than I'd ever manage.

This.

Reg has always had terrible taste though.

At least I've had a taste of my own, not following tards waiting for gears of duty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    some RIDICULOUS boss fights that took 15 minutes plus,
    This alone puts me off the game.

Reminded me of some of my favourite bits of Metak Gears.
  • MGS3 - A big step up from 1 & 2 in gameplay terms, and some good bosses for the most part. The beginning was poor and the ending dragged on far too long, and still some huge problems with the cutscenes (I don't mind the story but why can't they just be a bit snappier - edit the script properly?), but overall very good. I could certainly see myself playing it again sometime.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Because it is the best
  • Hated metal gear 3, I couldnt see anything due to my colour blindness, may as well have been Metal Gear Solid: Green smudge with grey bits.

To be fair it is I imagine, a very good game.
  • I just cleared all the Alfheim Portals on Bayonetta. So that's about 25% of the game done. Next up is tackling Hard Mode which I can see being an absolute shit, especially against Jeanne, Balder and Jubileus who are all utter nastiness on Normal. Also pretty sure it chops in a lot of Joys and Gracious and Glorious instead of easier enemies from time to time. Ah well, I'm sure I'll manage.
  • MGS3 is indeed all sorts of awesome. I would love to replay it on HD version (which I have). 

Bayonetta. I actually started it on hard mode and got a fair bit into it before being distracted by another game. Must get back to it. I think I've done all the portals.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Have you started your hard run yet? A Gracious & Glorious appear in the prologue graveyard.
  • If you're going to go all the way to the super hard mode you need to get used to fighting without witch time anyway. ;)
  • Did you ever manage to beat that Jon?

I'd woken up with an intense pain behind my right eye which I can only imagine is from spending 3 hours glued to the game.
  • Yeah I did everything that could be done, except for the insane endurance mode that eventually unlocks. That's just ridiculous.

You do get a nice weapon for completing hard that makes things a little easier in hardest IIRC. And actually once you get into the swing of things, it's not as bad as it first seems.

In fact if you return to normal again after it all seems so slow.
  • In hard mode does it make the bits where you have to rotate the stick round and round whilst watching a very slow animation that may or may not be correlated to your user input even longer? Because they were my fave bits - nearly broke the pad and got a blister in the centre of my hand, just like Mario Party 1 all over again.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Ah, see that's where you're doing it wrong, rotating the stick isn't how you do it, you just randomly mash it around and it goes up quicker.

Cheers for the reassurance Jon, I'm determined to finish it on NCIS er, NSIC.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Have you started your hard run yet? A Gracious & Glorious appear in the prologue graveyard.

Lies, it was just a Grace and Glory. Following them is that 'easy' bit where you have to get 3 torture attacks with no which time. Yuck.

Beat the first boss so that's 1/4 done and it isn't that bad so far. Too many Joys for my liking especially as the most reliable way of finishing then is that cringeworthy torture attack. Only real pad gnawing fight was Jeanne who is insanely tough.

Managed to bag mostly Pure Platinum and Gold medals though, which is nice.
  • Dark Souls

One of the best games I've ever played and one of the first I've actually finished in years, which says a lot. Only thing I really didn't like was having to run past a bunch of enemies before most bosses. Why not just put the bonfire right before the boss? It's like having a loading screen before each boss that lasts a full minute which occasionally kills you. But of course your only punishment for death is to have to watch the loading screen again.

Anyway, aside from that single design flaw I thought the game was pretty much perfect. Dunno what to do with myself now!
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • The placing of bonfires is a hard one to defend, but I would say that a lot of my victorious tactics came to me in the 'thinking time' between attempts enforced by that placement. It's a game that can get very frustrating if you just keep battering away at a boss without changing your approach, as many other games have trained us to do, and those time outs really can help.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Resident Evil: Revelations

Again. Because new game+.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yeah, a light jog would be fine. But with no enemies or cliffs to fall off. I seem to remember gaping dragon had a relaxing, non-hostile jog to it and that did help me compose myself a bit.
  • Mouldywarp wrote:
    Dark Souls One of the best games I've ever played and one of the first I've actually finished in years, which says a lot. Only thing I really didn't like was having to run past a bunch of enemies before most bosses. Why not just put the bonfire right before the boss? It's like having a loading screen before each boss that lasts a full minute which occasionally kills you. But of course your only punishment for death is to have to watch the loading screen again. Anyway, aside from that single design flaw I thought the game was pretty much perfect. Dunno what to do with myself now!

I'm going to be playing this for a long time to come tbh.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Tempted to start Demon's Souls as I've never played it but if it's as epic as Dark Souls then I might have to put it off a while. Won't have so much free time once the summer holidays start for the little'un.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Lies, it was just a Grace and Glory.

I was just trying to scare you.

Dark Souls running to bosses I have to agree with was immensely frustrating at times. Especially when you need to summon help for a boss. I dreaded seeing an Invasion warning when I was on my way to fight Biggie Smalls and Nito.
  • Don't summon at the fog door for S&O, silly.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Oh I always summoned at the bonfire. Could still be a case of invasion from some kind of stat min-maxing poison arrow firing dung flinging great combustion flicking chamelon casting, wily fucker.
  • Stab him in the fuck, duh
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Mouldywarp wrote:
    Tempted to start Demon's Souls as I've never played it but if it's as epic as Dark Souls then I might have to put it off a while. Won't have so much free time once the summer holidays start for the little'un.

demons is harder, better and less forgiving.
    if you die your back at the start of that level.

its so awesome though.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Finished off Spiderman Edge of Time yesterday. The game is fairly enjoyable, the combat got more interesting as the game got harder, making me think more about what I was doing and the dodge/slow time mechanic worked very well. I really liked the way the game switched between the two main characters and how it constantly linked their stories/dilemmas.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    There's yer Theatrhythm done and yer dinnur
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Are you going to keep playing it?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Skyrim main story.

Meh.

Skyrim is one of those games that is better than the sum of it's parts. Most of the quest lines result in an anti-climax really. I do love it, but I am starting to question why.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!