General Bear Knuckle
  • MK9 high-level seemed completely bonkers.
  • That Infiltration, eh?  Jesus. That match against Daigo was out of this world.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I had the sound on, but couldn't stay awake through it... Quite a turn up. 
    Can't wait for the vid.

Saw the KOF grand final though... That was quite entertaining.

Though I was rooting for Bala, I've nothing but total respect for the small band of hardcore players (the Cafe ID delegation) dedicated enough to train for X thousand hours on a marginalised title (so I've heard), and travel X thousand miles to put on a show...

You're right...

That was pretty cool.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • The KoF finals were the most compelling.

I still don't like these fightman games but I like watching people be excellent at them.

I want to make one.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    A forum mo-capper.
  • Daigo's days are done, it seems.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Daigo's not the most random, and it's a very mature game. Shit-or-bust players have a great chance against him en masse, but he'll always beat most of them on consistency.
  • Chen: "We were going after the wrong Asians!"
  • ST top 8 was by far the best, great games and genuine joyfully enthusiastic commentary from Chen & Ultradavid. Gave me a new appreciation of the game.

I thought the AE top 8 was a bit crap, to be honest. Over far too quickly, too many one-sided beatdowns.
  • Anyone got links to the st top 8 or sfiv semis and finals? Also results?

For it's size srk is shit for finding information.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    GameSpot's YouTube channel has a lot of videos from the EVO finals, and some interviews.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Any chance of a direct link Adam? I'm in mosow using a phone and the ST and AE finals were the only ones not on the main page or in the top twenty listed.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Q: did anyone contact The Shend about the move? (see what I did there)
  • He's not on the list, but he is on my XBL one, I'll pop him a heedsup.
  • I'll text him
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Talking of Shendy, if you haven't added me on XBL, please do. I should be back online after Monday.

Tekken 6, Street Fighter IV and Third Strike.
  • St finals O_O
  • What's off about Honda in AE, by the by?
  • I think they got rid of invincible startup frames on the light headbutt, but then put it in back in for 2012 cos it they realised taking it out had made him shit (if I ever played as Honda, it's what I would use most.  Anti air light headbutt into super does FUCKTON damage).  Not sure about any other changes.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Akuma, alas. In defence, I do put it about in Tekken.
  • Brooks. He's a solid counterpick but he gets zoned out by characters like alums who can airfb him to half life. Everyone else has had a buff since sf2 apart from him really. He's nothing more in his arsenal. Fake headbutt might have helped.
  • Thanks for that.
  • BREAKING - Tekken to feature even more Tekken

• Who did wong lose to and why? Anyone see the matches?

Also what happened to Jason an James?
  • Ps Brooks I play Honda as my 2nd after ryu
  • He went out to that dude from Texas, Chiang I think he's called. Bit sad, after beating Kazunoko who apparently has the best Yun in the whole world he then plays an American one and gets punted out. 

AE top 8 was fairly dire, Poongko looking plain shit (apart from the P) and everything else being fairly predictable, great showing by Dieminion to take it that far but I had little hope for him getting past his first fight in the final stages. Once Infiltration offed Daigo it was pretty much nailed on, he was phenomenal. Was strange having so many big names missing from the end as well, after CEO I thought Ricky O was looking really strong to challenge for the number one headband this year. 

KoF and Marvel finals were absolutely cracking though, really enjoyed them. 

Apart from a general damage nerf didn't they give Honda's U2 some frames of start up? Immediately making it absolutely useless, I know Ross used to run with it and had some sneaky set ups too.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • What's all this about the kof final? Something about a comeback?
  • Brooks wrote:
    Is SC5 actually a solid game?

Yes. Superior even to SC2 IMHO. I played it lots before concentrating on SFxT for Evo. I think you would like Algol, Brooks.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • If I made a stab at it again, my stabbing would be Voldo-shaped I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!