Work - The pros and the cons...
  • Does anyone ever wish they went down a different career route?

I would have really liked to have done architecture but I was only interested in art and design at A level, flatly refusing to do Maths or Physics despite getting an A and a B in GCSE.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    I remember going to my careers advisor and picking up a leaflet on studying to be a TV camera operator.  He took the leaflet out of my hands and said that somebody like me shouldn't be going to college.  I still have no idea what that's meant to mean.

You'll thank me some day.

:D

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Sales people aren't all cunts, some of them are just charming, intelligent and driven.

I'd say most middle management gets overpaid as in my experience at least 50% of them are totally useless, with the other half alternating between being adequate or bexceltional. It seems delegation is worth the extra £6k they get paid.
  • Feel like it must be tricky to scrape together a convincing set of vocational curricula when the pace of tech change and so labour market demand is as it is. It's only grown easier to throw resources at capital over human flesh.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Sales people aren't all cunts, some of them are just charming, intelligent and driven.
    To clarify, I didn't say they were.

Live: I'd change some things I did, even If only to be where I am now a bit sooner.
  • Most sales people I've met are wankers, for the record.
  • The problem with sales is it rewards a certain personality type with it's targets etc...the wanker type.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • thanks guys. 

I'm in Sales, I'm proud of what I do and what I've achieved.  I've unfortunately found out I'm rather good at sales. 

I'll leave the whole wanker / c*nt personality for someone else if that's okay.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Does anyone ever wish they went down a different career route?
    Every time I speak to somebody about what they do.  But, then, I know that if I actually did that I would talk to people who do what I do and wish I was doing that.  It's like other people's situations always look better from where I'm standing.  There should be a saying for that.
  • I would not have gone to university and got into the internet channel partner industry early. I would have been there at the beginning which would have been nice.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • It's OK Revel you are one of the good guys. My mum was in car sales...she was only a bit of a wanker.
  • Wait for it....
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Does anyone ever wish they went down a different career route?

Hello!
    pantyfire wrote:
    Wait for it....

Nothing....? Carry on.
  • Lol, but you love idiot owners and working for free moto
  • I did go down a different career route.
  • What is it you sell revel, internet hosting?
  • @nick, on first glance I thought that said internet housing.

You've ruined my image of revel as a rogue Second Life property magnate.
  • Virtual kennels. Now there's a shit idea. Actually all of second life is quite a shit idea.
  • Brought us Ralph though.
  • Our company sells software that proactive manages marketplace listings across Play, Amazon,  ebay and Pixmania. We are also integrating Magento ecommerce with it as well.  we designed and built it, so we can add whatever features we want in the future.

Quite simply our product proactive manages prices for our clients, allows them to easily list across multiple market places and help with stock replenishment, purchase orders and the like. We also actively account manage our customers to help them optimise their listings. 

I work closely fostering relationships with our Channel partners like Amazon. 

I work with ecommerce companies as well, allowing them to have their customers start selling and making money in weeks rather than months, offering a continual residual income to these customers as well.  Getting them on the marketplaces allows them to sell almost immediately without the delay normally associated with a retailer looking to sell online. 

I sign up clients selling 100K per annum. 

I'm giving myself 3 years working my ass off then doing nothing much after. 

I do this all between continually being on this place, trying to be funny, witty, clever etc. 

I'm always looking for business partners as well.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Revel pls go

go? what do you mean? as in bugger off?

I'm not that troll in Second life ha ha ha ha ha !!
  • Google Ralph Pootawn

(it was meant in jest)
  • you are too clever for me.
  • Sounds alreet mate. Especially if you can retire in 3 years.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    What's the difference between 'actively account managing' and 'account managing'?

Perhaps I should actively make signs instead of just making signs!
  • Will see what happens.. is going to be really good fun. Selling is fun if you do it without the lying. Otherwise you are just waiting for complaints...
  • Actively account manage them means getting involved with the client on a regular basis. 
    Calling them before they call you. Without the continual upselling sales pitch.

I've dealt with account managers before. some of them are lazy.. Some of them either wait for the calls or only speak to their customers when they are wanting to sell them something else. 
    Our guys take care of you, that's what makes us different.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!