Strength [+2]
  • Strong Colombian is probably an excellent pre-work out!
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Are peeps on pre workouts? I never used to take them but have been using them sporadically and I dare say they do make a difference. Not sure how much more of a difference they make than a big cup of coffee (as they mostly contain caffeine) but I defo feel the difference.
  • I just make sure I have plenty of energy by having some food about an hour before workout.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I think my pre-work out is the equivalent of 4 or 5 coffees. I can't take it in the evening which is a shame because I really could do with the boost. In the weekends though insane energy the first 30 minutes and carries me through to the end.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I do that as well, I'm never full.

At hylian.
  • I might try PWO tomorrow night and then take melatonin to come down afterwards...
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I take nothing before or after.  Clean as a whistle, sharp as a thistle, best in all Westminster, yeah.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ok power clean read, fuck me that looks prone to serious form issues. 

Going to gym today to practice form on OHP, bench press, squat and deadlift before starting the MWF routine on Monday. Thinking of throwing in some body resistance work in between to burn fat. 

Anyone else doing the MWF, if so are you adding anything in between?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm thinking of adding yoga.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • MWF?

I'm a bit sore from trying heavier squats a couple of days ago. So I think I'll do all upper body today and practice overhead press.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Monday's Wednesday's Friday's 

Yoga. Have done some yoga type moves in the stretch week when doing Insanity. Looks so easy, but is so bloody hard.
  • I'm doing Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday/Sunday.
  • Overhead barbell press, eh? I seem to be one of those people with long forearms or something that can't seem to rest the bar on the anterior deltoids.

Can't get the breathing or the hip push right. Finding the exercise rather hard.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Overhead barbell press, eh? I seem to be one of those people with long forearms or something that can't seem to rest the bar on the anterior deltoids. Can't get the breathing or the hip push right. Finding the exercise rather hard.

Don't rest it on your shoulders, hold it in front of your face and spread your lats to create a 'shelf' to rest on.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think I've decided I'm going to keep the OHP relatively light until I build my back strength more with deadlifts. That should then allow me to push a bit more and have a stronger lower back, which seems to be my weak point even though I hold my breath during the move and only release at the top.
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Overhead barbell press, eh? I seem to be one of those people with long forearms or something that can't seem to rest the bar on the anterior deltoids. Can't get the breathing or the hip push right. Finding the exercise rather hard.
    Don't rest it on your shoulders, hold it in front of your face and spread your lats to create a 'shelf' to rest on.

I think I know what you mean. But that "shelf" you mention will be made by the deltoids anyway, no?
  • I had to miss my friday workout. Fml.
  • I dont do ohp btw I do arnold press thats the o ly modification I have due to a rotator cuff injury a few years ago.
  • I only did light workout today. Was still feeling smashed from the last one but didn't want to miss a weekend session. Did deadlift, press, shrugs, calf raises, and squats. All with lower weights than normal. Well, press and squats were low weights anyway as I'm still learning them. 

I'm using an app called Strong to record progress. Used to just type into an Apple Numbers worksheet before.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    MoesTavern wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I think I know what you mean. But that "shelf" you mention will be made by the deltoids anyway, no?

It's kind of hard to explain without showing you in person, but watch this:

Notice how he holds the bar in front of him rather than resting on his shoulders.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Good video Mo thanks for the post.
  • I'm having a few days off from any activity now. On Sunday I only managed my first two sets of squats, failed the 3rd, deloaded 20% on the 4th and couldn't face the 5th even at a 50% deload. I felt pretty nauseous afterwards. Did the best I could on OHP and totally binned the DL.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Some days are just shit.  Do what you can and gtfo.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Some days are just shit.  Do what you can and gtfo.

Yeah, I was pretty disheartened afterwards. It's actually quite difficult talking yourself into an extended rest period. I keep thinking, well you could go in and have some fun doing bicep curls and ab routine etc... I might go in on Wednesday and leave squats out and just to the bench and row.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yeah, do something, but go light.  I do chins when all else fails.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Yeah, do something, but go light.  I do chins when all else fails.

I said fun!
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Oh right.  I sit in a corner and watch the female powerlifters.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    First day of programme

Work sets:

Squat - 65kg x 5 x 3
    Press - 40kg x 5 x 3
    Deadlift - 70kg x 5 x 1

Also a lot of warming up before I hit the work sets as per the book.

Decided to err on the lower more achievable with form side than just chasing the numbers. Plus if squat and deadlift are going up 5kg per session and press 2.5kg per session I'll soon be lifting heavy bloody weights :-)
  • b0r1s wrote:
    First day of programme Work sets: Squat - 65kg x 5 x 3 Press - 40kg x 5 x 3 Deadlift - 70kg x 5 x 1 Also a lot of warming up before I hit the work sets as per the book. Decided to err on the lower more achievable with form side than just chasing the numbers. Plus if squat and deadlift are going up 5kg per session and press 2.5kg per session I'll soon be lifting heavy bloody weights :-)

Good luck! You're right about heavy. You'll be PR every squat and DL and when you do it on the same night soon it gets pretty draining. Eats loads, sleep like you've been roofied.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!