The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
‹ Previous123456715
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    400px-Wrath_lamb.png
    Something was pouring from his mouth. He examined his sleeve. Blood!? Blood. Crimson copper-smelling blood, his blood. Blood. Blood. Blood. (Checks line)...And bits of sick.
    The Binding of Isaac is a twin stick, zelda inspired, procedurally generated dungeon crawler with 100s of items and endless combinations of said items. It also goes on forever, and is obsessed with poo and blood, and also the bible and the nasty stuff therein. It's dead good, and it's free on PS+ right now. Play it, it's great.

You can go from this:
    [H4YZYBW.jpg

To this:
    SeE1pwE.jpg

To this:
    BTwrsZG.jpg

In just a few easy steps! Try today, don't delay!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Why do I not get a discount for already owning original Isaac? Buncha criminals.
  • +1 

It's perfect for the Vita. I've put in about 20 hours between this and the first one and still don't know what half the upgrades up there are.

IT is disgusting though...
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Why do I not get a discount for already owning original Isaac? Buncha criminals.

You had to pre-order, dummy.
  • I wish it was more twin stick like geo wars.
  • MacMillen's ambition for it was to be a bullet hell style game. but flash was not the best platform - instead it ended up being what it is.
  • I'm playing this on PS4 and have pretty much gone in blind, I have no idea what anything does or how far I have to get to complete it but I may have to look at a wiki after I have, though for now ignorance is bliss.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Tempy wrote:
    MacMillen's ambition for it was to be a bullet hell style game. but flash was not the best platform - instead it ended up being what it is.

It seems to be a relic of the keyboard way to play. Also oldschool like smash tv.
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    I'm playing this on PS4 and have pretty much gone in blind, I have no idea what anything does or how far I have to get to complete it but I may have to look at a wiki after I have, though for now ignorance is bliss.

After you beat level 1 you can tell what's left.
  • Why does it have a continue option on the menu and why oh why is it so slooooooooooow to load on Vita?
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Continue lets you carry on where you left off last time, unless you died.
    Mikemsp wrote:
    I'm playing this on PS4 and have pretty much gone in blind, I have no idea what anything does or how far I have to get to complete it but I may have to look at a wiki after I have, though for now ignorance is bliss.
    After you beat level 1 you can tell what's left.

Yeah but finishing the stages at the top isn't the end, there is another set for playthrough two, and circumstantial stuff like Sheol, Cathedral, Chest, Dark Room etc
  • Cool thanks for the tips. Poor choice of words but this is becoming like shitty crack already.

• I like the concept and the graphical chunkiness is tolerable, but the control system is a pain, it feels so clunky, and Isaac has a bit of slidey momentum about him that I don't like in shmup type games.

Obviously its the relic of its origins on flash, but it really makes persevering with this harder than it should be imo.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I need my babies rng crutch!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I've beaten it (as in, the heart boss) 6 times in about 13 hours. Gid goin'
  • I still haven't beaten it, it's too hard and I'm too unlucky.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    If Temps can complete it, anyone can. Git gud gents.
  • Yeah, what he said. Focus on making deals with the devil as if you do that enough you'll unlock a new character who makes mopping up character requirements fairly simple.
  • I've just done it, well his mums foot anyway. Woohoo!

• I did like the teeth door. Maybe I should try again.
  • This is almost like a permanent Zelda LTTP dungeon boss battle.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Some weird shit. Had four plays and died four times without finishing. Last play got a few good power ups and can see how it can start to appeal. Not sure about all the shit though!
  • That's 10 wins here, and two successful runs through to Sheol.
  • +1  It's perfect for the Vita. I've put in about 20 hours between this and the first one and still don't know what half the upgrades up there are. IT is disgusting though...

Agree about Vita.  I can't tell you what's different to the PC original game, but I gave up quickly on that, but have enjoyed playing on Vita one or two times a day since it came out.  Not knowing what the upgrades are is half the fun so far.

I do suck, have beaten the game once by sheer luck with some good upgrades, and have only come close on one other time.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • I got to the end of the last level on my first go, got lucky with some foot thing that kept on squishing enemies, and picked up 3 or 4 other helpers along the way.

Not got close since.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fuck it I shall play this once back from the shops. It better be good or so help me I'll post something saying its not good.
  • At least you can always get a refund if that fails..

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Has potential to be fun, don't like floaty movement nor poo being everywhere because poo equals ha-de-fucking-ha.

Will play it some more, I died four times in half an hour, did first boss guy thing and played the slot machine til out of money, got a crown of thorns and a mask.
  • lol poo

I like the fact that they decided to go back to the original and add yet more poo in the form of the Dingle boss and all its subclasses, just to get more people to go "oh man it's pretty good I just wish there wasn't all this poo"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I don't really know what I'm doing btw but its nicely retro enough to keep my interest.
‹ Previous123456715

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!