Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • But can you? With the other devices it just takes you to a 'how to' page. I still have a PSP showing as activated, and can't get rid.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    But can you? With the other devices it just takes you to a 'how to' page. I still have a PSP showing as activated, and can't get rid.

Yeah you can. The nice man from Sony talked me through it after 2 fat PS3s died on me.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • I'm really happy with mine but could do with a different type of pad too, it cramps my hands up summit rotten.
    Oh and does any one else's PS4 not sit flush? Mine rocks !
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Are you interested in PT Gonz? That's free also.

Bone is the only console I've been actively angry with. The PS4 is still slightly exciting, but the Bone pisses me off whenever I use it. I still somewhat regret it given the state of MCC.
  • Gonz on the Playstation 4? Holy cow bells. Howdy
    PSN - minkymu
  • Are you interested in PT Gonz? That's free also. Bone is the only console I've been actively angry with. The PS4 is still slightly exciting, but the Bone pisses me off whenever I use it. I still somewhat regret it given the state of MCC.

Why? I've been thinking of switching to Bone for multiplats cos of controller and Live.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It's incredibly badly designed.
  • You must mean the OS. 
    It's designed, currently, around Kinect. Navigating it without would be a little bit of a chore and it can be slow to load friends things which really, really should be system level and not apps. 
    Now they are pumping it out without Kinect the OS needs a complete redesign. 
    But saying that it's quite good with Kinect plugged in, unless of course you are Scottish.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • The Silent Hill thing.

Yeah, I hate that everything is an app. To use the terminals in MCC, it doesn't just play the video like in CEA. It for some fucking reason launches the Halo Channel.

The UI is a total mess to navigate. I'm sure it works brilliantly with Kinect, but I don't have Kinect. I couldn't find a way to close an application, so when the Halo 5 beta crashed, I had to unplug the console, because turning it on and off just resulted in it returning me to the crashed screen. It's pretty cool that I can resume a game at the exact point I left it, but not that cool if I left it crashed.
  • Just announced that 18.5 million PS4's have been sold through (not to retailers) since launch. That's an impressive total.
  • The Silent Hill thing. Yeah, I hate that everything is an app. To use the terminals in MCC, it doesn't just play the video like in CEA. It for some fucking reason launches the Halo Channel. The UI is a total mess to navigate. I'm sure it works brilliantly with Kinect, but I don't have Kinect. I couldn't find a way to close an application, so when the Halo 5 beta crashed, I had to unplug the console, because turning it on and off just resulted in it returning me to the crashed screen. It's pretty cool that I can resume a game at the exact point I left it, but not that cool if I left it crashed.
    Press START then go down to QUIT, takes a couple of goes sometimes but it usually does quit, but yeah there's been the odd time I've had to reboot, another trick is to load a completely different game then the crashed one again, that shunts the crashed one out of the systems memory.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Just announced that 18.5 million PS4's have been sold through (not to retailers) since launch. That's an impressive total.

It's actually tracking below Wii at that point in its life, in both software and hardware sales.

I wonder (genuinely not trolling here) why ps4 is selling so well. It has no killer software title. It has a spotty network connection regularly. But it is more powerful and less prone to PR fuckups like xbono.

I mean, we all know Wii sold on the popularity of Wii sports. PS2 sold because it was a DVD player. Ps1 sold off some amazing arcade ports, wipeout marketing and 3d.

What is ps4s reason for flying off shelves?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Not sure but apparently the xbox outsold the ps4 for the first time in November.
  • That was just in the US wasn't it? And it coincided with massive price cuts and Black Friday promos.
  • Not sure but apparently the xbox outsold the ps4 for the first time in November.

Yeah, after a ridiculous price cut which has just been unwound.

There's no way XB1 (or Wii U obviously) are catching PS4 this generation. I expect the differential is going to be similar to PS2 to DC/GC/XB.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    ... Yeah, after a ridiculous price cut which has just been unwound. ...
    I was quite unpleasantly surprised to see the PS4 price going back on Amazon the other day as well - from £280 back up to £330-ish :-/
    I was kinda hoping the xmas prices were now the new prices and that maybe they'd go even lower, but I guess that was naive of me. I'll have to wait til the next price war :-(
  • My Plus sub has just expired, anywhere doing it cheap?
  • djchump wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    ... Yeah, after a ridiculous price cut which has just been unwound. ...
    I was quite unpleasantly surprised to see the PS4 price going back on Amazon the other day as well - from £280 back up to £330-ish :-/ I was kinda hoping the xmas prices were now the new prices and that maybe they'd go even lower, but I guess that was naive of me. I'll have to wait til the next price war :-(

Yeah, that is unusual.
    In Australia they didn't have a price drop for PS4, but there have been bundles with Driveclub, LBP3, TLOU and two others I think Fifa 15 and one more I forget, all for the same price as the console.

XB1 had bundles of 4 games but two of them were Assassins Creed which is more of a punishment than an incentive.

I reckon if I get either console, the PS4 will be the more likely of them, but I expect that we won't see value sales until Easter or mid year holidays. I assume like the UK, the Aus market is heavily driven on seasonal buying habits.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Cd keys are usually good for that stuff.
  • Addendum: PS4 launched at $599 AUD.

Today for $598 I could get a PS4 (either colour) plus GTAV, TLOU, LBP3 and Driveclub.

Goddamn, that makes the $1000 PS3 I got with Resistance and Motorstorm look like a scam.
  • Vela wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    Just announced that 18.5 million PS4's have been sold through (not to retailers) since launch. That's an impressive total.

It's actually tracking below Wii at that point in its life, in both software and hardware sales.

I wonder (genuinely not trolling here) why ps4 is selling so well. It has no killer software title. It has a spotty network connection regularly. But it is more powerful and less prone to PR fuckups like xbono.

I mean, we all know Wii sold on the popularity of Wii sports. PS2 sold because it was a DVD player. Ps1 sold off some amazing arcade ports, wipeout marketing and 3d.

What is ps4s reason for flying off shelves?

I think, initially, it was because it was the cheaper machine. Then the chat was all about how much more powerful it was. Plus there was the PR disaster from MS. The market was ready for a new console too.

All of those things led to Johnny Gamer and his buddies buying a PS4 and then when their friends want to join in, they bought a PS4 too.

Exclusives are for people like you or me. All that mainstream gamers want is the best version of the game they want (FIFA, CoD, etc) and to play these with mates. The PS4 offered that, cheaper.

There's loads of other reasons too, but I believe that's the main reason.
  • Cd keys are usually good for that stuff.

Yeah, out of stock at the moment, will probably just renew via the store.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    Addendum: PS4 launched at $599 AUD. Today for $598 I could get a PS4 (either colour) plus GTAV, TLOU, LBP3 and Driveclub. Goddamn, that makes the $1000 PS3 I got with Resistance and Motorstorm look like a scam.
    You should have bought a PS4 instead.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • In 2007 that'd be quite impressive
  • I jumped ship from Xbox to ps4 because I wanted a gaming console not a media hub. I'm quite happy thus far.
  • Reckon I'll just stick with my PS4 for now then and put up with the controller. Not sure how much I can put up with poor PSN service though.  Usability is a big thing and I don't want to faff around with Bone's interface as it sounds horrendous.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • n0face wrote:
    I jumped ship from Xbox to ps4 because I wanted a gaming console not a media hub. I'm quite happy thus far.

I love my PS4.

It seems like a natural continuation from my 360, whereas the Bone was going down a completely unwanted path (which the 360 had started on for a couple of years).

Plus, since Halo died the exclusives are way better. There's nothing on Bone that interests me.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • New consoles were long overdue, Sony did everything right, MS and Nintendo did a lot of things wrong and sales of consoles are ramped up now because the internet is better at hype than monthly gaming magazines were and everyone is better at producing electronics to meet demand.

I doubt it'll end up with PS2 numbers because those people who bought a cheap PS2 late in its life for Guitar Hero and Singstar, then bought a Wii for Wii Sports, they have all got tablets and smart phones now and getting them to buy a console is going to be very tough. China might make up the numbers I suppose.
  • So basically it might just be a case of powerful enough after waiting long enough, with relatively little hassle/confusion?

I'm thinking it might be worth looking into one around Bloodborne/MGSV time depending on whether or not free time is sufficient.
  • Genuine question - which games clearly struggle?
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!