Comedian Comedy HAHA LOL Thread Thread
‹ Previous123456729
  • We dont appear to have one yet. I just googled Aziz Ansari as thats the sort of thing I like to do from time to time and he has a new stand up show out. Following the same model as CK Louis its available DRM free for $5 (£3.28).

Really big fan of this independent selling, drm free business. As impulsive as Steam sales.

Aziz Ansari Buy It Immediately

CK Louis stuff for those that dont know.

equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • This is stoopid.
  • Louis CK is the best.
  • He ranks very highly.

S2Ep1 of his show is maybe the best toilet gag I've yet witnessed.
  • Not heard of him before and haven't been sold by that clip.  Is that just a mediocre example or is that pretty much it?
  • For the record I am willing to laugh at quite a lot of things, so I'm not being picky.
  • Louis or Ansari? 

Louis is far better. Although Ansari is decent, he plays with fairly safe subjects but twists them a bit. I like it. Very current, talks about Facebook, bed sheets, and being friends with Kanye West and somehow makes it all funny.

Louis is a self depreciating fat American. Very open and honest.  

• The first chap, who's outtake was posted.  I'll watch those at some point but I appear to have put basketball on the TV and suspect that means I've had a stroke.
  • Oh this is comedy.  That labrinth rapchap is performing in front of a crowd that would sooner examine their own seat bolts.
  • OK it wasn't that funny.
  • Recently saw Shapi Korrsander, Josie Long, Rich Hall and James Acaster. Rich Hall was brilliant, Shapi and Josie were great, and James Acaster was new, but rather good. Sadly every video I can find of Acaster is really shit, he was incredibly deadpan live but on TV he seems to be shit. Disappoint.
  • Shapi's one I've only seen on Mock the Week and Live at the Apollo, so this might be unfair, but she's been uniformly shite.
  • I didn't think she was too great on either of those things either but she was good live. All very personal intimate stuff about herself that she takes the piss out of, some of it probably wouldn't make the cut for Apollo.

I don't think I can name a single female comedian who has been really funny on Mock the Week, and I have only seen a few Apollo shows, non with women on.
  • Wait, shit, I'm thinking of someone else.  Her stuff was OK.
  • The one I'm thinking of is a black woman with part of her hair dyed.  She's claims she's from LAHNDAHN and poor and talks about being from LAHNDAHN and poor.  Or something like that.
  • Andi Ohsoo? She's as bad as my spelling of her name.
  • Andi Osho, Google confirms.  My Apologies to Shapi.
  • I saw shapi live at live at the Apollo and she was fucking terrible. She rinsed thensame act she's beendoing for years and was all over the shop. She claimed throughout she was trying new material but it wasn't.. That's why no one was laughing. It was cringing. She has a 30 minute slot and left after 20 even mentioning on departure that we were a tough crowd. The thing was eveyon else that night had us in stiches. It was embarassing and the first time I've felt that a tv level comedian was goingto get booed at the hammersmith.

Favourite two live were Milton and Reginald. Reginald was asked at the end if he wouldn't mind telling the fritzel joke as one guy in the audience hadn't heard it. It wa the nd of his set but he smiled, agreed and spent ten minutes delivering it perfectly. Standing ovation in a small soho theatre. Untold respect for that.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • What?

Also, if you mean that Milton guy with the mad hair then he's a only got a twenty second act.   PunHAHA.  punhaha.  punha.  pu
  • The episode of Louie with Doug Stanhope oh man.
  • I used to play football with Milton Jones so I love seeing how well he is doing. Although slightly biased, the guy is very funny.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Although having just seen Unlikelys post, I'm guessing the pun style of comedy is a bit more niche. I also find the really dry american comedian (on mock the week occassionally) very bloody funny.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • The episode of Louie with Doug Stanhope oh man.

Indeed. A couple of his full sets.

• Milton's OK in very small doses.  I'm assuming he gets away with a lot by doing the mad-eyes-scary-hair-confused-child look.
  • I sat through an hour in a small theatre and he was immense. It actually was him trying new material but was 80% hit and 20% miss. I can understand those who think the novelty would wear off but if you find him funny at all then you would not be disappointed live. Worth every penny.

It's funny watching him because it's funny how the audience get his jokes at differnt times. The ounchlines are not served up like with other comedians.

Rich hall is also brillian because he cando so much on the fly and thestuff he sings with his stage band is good. I generally dint like it when comedians try to sing funny stuff but he is an exception.

I also love mock the week.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Fuck posting from an ip3
  • Sean Lock is probably my favourite comedian (there are others I really like but I suppose Sean is on the TV quite a lot in various panel shows).

The neighbour-budgie sequence begins 1 min in.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Louis CK is great. Buy his Beacon show from his website for 5$. Well worth it. His tv show gives Larry David a run for his miserable arse.
  • Does any stand up footage of Larry David exist? Closest ive seen is what was in the pilot of CYE.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I saw some on a documentary about him but I don't think there's much. He had a big head of Jewish hair.
  • Currently watching a Paul Mooney set on US Netflix. Brilliant stuff. If you don't know, he's the "Ask A Black Guy" from The Chappelle Show.
‹ Previous123456729

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!