Cities: Skylines
‹ Previous123456722
  • zuvpYjul.jpg

Out NOW and it looks amazing!

From the creators of the Cities in Motion games (note: unrelated to Cities XL series).
    Cities: Skylines is a modern take on the classic city simulation. The game introduces new game play elements to realize the thrill and hardships of creating and maintaining a real city whilst expanding on some well-established tropes of the city building experience. From the makers of the Cities in Motion franchise, the game boasts a fully realized transport system. It also includes the ability to mod the game to suit your play style as a fine counter balance to the layered and challenging simulation.  You’re only limited by your imagination, so take control and reach for the sky! 

Main features:
    -Multi-tiered and challenging simulation: Constructing your city from the ground up is easy to learn, but hard to master. Playing as the mayor of your city you’ll be faced with balancing essential requirements such as education, water, electricity, police, fire fighting, healthcare and much more along with your citys real economy system. Citizens within your city react fluidly, with gravitas and with an air of authenticity to a multitude of game play scenarios.
    -Extensive local traffic simulation: Colossal Orders extensive experience developing the Cities in Motion series is fully utilized in fully fleshed out and well-crafted transport systems.
    -Districts and Policies: Be more than just an administrator from city hall. Designating parts of your city as a district results in the application of policies which results in you rising to the status of Mayor for your own city.
    -Extensive modding support: Build or improve on existing maps and structures. You can then import them into the game, share them as well as download the creations of other city builders on the Steam workshop.
    Official site
    Steam page
    FAQ

Eurogamer preview
    RPS hands-on

Reviews
    Rock, Paper, Shotgun
    The Escapist - 5 Stars
    Kotaku - Yes
    PC Gamer - 86
    IGN - 8.5
    Destructoid - 9
    Game Informer - 8.75
    PC World - 4 Stars

Metacritic

Dev diaries
    1 - Roads
    2 - Zoning
    3 - Natural resources
    4 - Public transport
    5 - Outside connections
    6 - Map editor
    7 - Simulation
    8 - Districts and policies
    9 - Info views
    10 - Themes

Dev diary review with Skye storme on youtube (frickin' sweetballs):

Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5
    Part 6
    Part 7
    Part 8

5ve28Ozl.png

oNiiwxql.png
    Pre-purchase Offer includes:
    -Five in-game custom items: a Carousel, Dog Park, Bouncy Castle, Basketball court and Botanical Garden.
    -A digital concept book featuring commentary from the developers on their sources of inspiration. Also provides a sneak peak at the and gives you an sneak peak behind the scenes during the games creation.
    -A batch of five building blue-print inspired digital postcards.
    The Deluxe Edition:
    Included in the Deluxe Edition are 5 In-game historical monuments from around the world, the games original soundtrack as well as a digital art book. Five in-game items include:
    -Statue of Liberty
    -Eiffel Tower
    -Brandenburg Gate
    -Arc de triumph
    -Grand central terminal

-Original Soundtrack: This Original Soundtrack includes 14 unique tracks mixed from the ambient music of the game, allowing you to enjoy the wonderful music whenever you want.
    -Digital Art book: See the concepts behind the buildings! The book features almost a 100 hand drawn concepts of the game various buildings and the story behind each.
    System requirements:

PC:
    Minimum:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 (64-bit), Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.0GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+, 3.2GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, 512 MB / ATI Radeon HD 5670, 512 MB
    Recommended:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1 (64-bit) Processor: Intel Core i5-3470, 3.20GHz / AMD FX-6300, 3.5Ghz, RAM: 6GB, Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB / AMD Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB

Mac:
    Minimum:
    Operating System: OS X 10.10 OS X 10.9 OS X 10.9 (64-bit), Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.0GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+, 3.2GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, 512 MB / ATI Radeon HD 5670, 512 MB
    Recommended:
    Operating System: OS X 10.10 OS X 10.9 OS X 10.9 (64-bit) Processor: Intel Core i5-3470, 3.20GHz / AMD FX-6300, 3.5Ghz, RAM: 6GB, Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB / AMD Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB

Linux:
    Minimum:
    Operating System: MUbuntu 14.04 64-bit Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit), Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.0GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+, 3.2GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, 512 MB / ATI Radeon HD 5670, 512 MB
    Recommended:
    Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit), Processor: Intel Core i5-3470, 3.20GHz / AMD FX-6300, 3.5Ghz RAM: 6GB, Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB / AMD Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB
  • Down with this sort of thing.
  • But not stuff from Future.
  • I was coming in here expecting a new member.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Don't be too hasty, there are pills that will pep up your old one.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm tempted by this damn thing but I've already been burned by various city builders. Is there a discout for Cities XL owners?
  • Nope, this one has nothing to do with those developers (these are the ones that did Cities in motion, though I haven't played that game).

Check out the videos, this one looks like it's gonna be great.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    If this is anything like Sim City, I'll end up with a rat-infested crime-ridden shit-hole, while my brother has skyscrapers that stand a mile tall and have their own economies.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I bet you make the rookie error of expanding too fast and taxing too high (I mean, I do it too). The cool thing about this game is you can designate and name individual districts where you can set individual tax rates and ordinances. So you'll have a lot of control and be able to create high wealth, high tax revenue areas as well as crime and rat-infested slums all in the same city.

The other really cool thing is people actually have permanent places of residence and they age and die and actually travel to the location where they work (as opposed to the Sim City '13 where they just pick the random closest house) so traffic management actually matters and as people age the services they require will change. The cities are actually cities too, 36km² (or 100km² with a mod).

Oh, and day one mod support.
  • Pre-order is available for cheap on Green Man Gaming VIP section, added to OP (£17.47 or £22.79 for the deluxe edition).
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I bet you make the rookie error of expanding too fast and taxing too high (I mean, I do it too).

No idea, I think I was just shit at Sim City. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • So this comes out tomorrow and looks really good from what I saw on a twitch stream yesterday. Cities look like they can get really big, transport seems like it takes some serious planning and it already has steam workshop support. Hype.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I may be in too. Can't resist the offer of a good city builder. Or a bad one either, judging by my purchasing history.
  • Been looking forward to this for a while. Have slight reservations that it might be a bit sterile, but if reviews are scoring around the 8/10 mark i'll be buying it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Don't be too hasty, there are pills that will pep up your old one.
    Cripes. Well, it's time to retire.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That OP is above average.
  • Definitely at least an 8.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I want this tomorrow. I sure as hell don't need it. Nrg.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'd love it, but unfortunately have neither the time nor a powerful enough pc to do it justice.
  • I bought this but i dont seem able to install or download it yet
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    7pm central European time. No preload available. 3gb in size.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    How much is it?

Of the back of one of the preview vids I looked up prison architect, which I found to have one of the funniest trailers for a game ever, its on their homepage
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    28€. Prison architect is also good, although it was still a bit broken the last time I played it. Pops up in Steam sales every now and again.
  • beano wrote:
    How much is it?

Of the back of one of the preview vids I looked up prison architect, which I found to have one of the funniest trailers for a game ever, its on their homepage
    £16.78 or £21.89 from greenman gaming VIP section:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

(activates on steam no matter where you get it from).
    Kow wrote:
    28€. Prison architect is also good, although it was still a bit broken the last time I played it. Pops up in Steam sales every now and again.
    Prison architect is great, last time I played properly was alpha 18 but have been keeping up with the videos/updates every month. Most of the bugs are gone and it has lots of new stuff added every month. Will be complete this year but there is quite a complex, complete game there already (still no story mode but I could live without it tbh).
  • Seems to be getting decent reviews all round so far. Finally, a decent modern city builder!

Game also appears to have gone live, installing now.
  • Played a few hours now, it's really rather good so far. :)
  • Any chance it might run on an old shitty laptop?
‹ Previous123456722

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!