The loneliness of the long distance gamer
  • ...and so the long and winding road to Wembley finally reaches it's conclusion.

Mental, just mental. Four days of complete and utter madness.
    This was my crowning achievement. The most difficult thing I've ever been asked to do...and I knocked it out the fucking park. 
    Three days of rigging and rehearsing with seventy four cameras, followed by 12 hours of broadcasting all the ESPN live shows from countless locations within Wembley Stadium, and it was all technically and logistically perfect throughout the day.
    Kick off was at 5.15pm, but I was at Wembley at 6am to make it all happen. 15 hours of non-stop madness. By the end of the day I was close to collapse, and when my colleagues bundled me into a car bound for Glasgow at 9pm last night I was out like a light and slept all the way home.
    I've never felt so satisfied in all my life.
    So that's it, another year draws to a close...no wait...there's the small matter of our final SPL match at Hibs tomorrow, and then maybe it's really over...

PhotoMay05210329.jpg

...maybe

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Good work g. 

Off to the Bahamas then?!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Glad it went well for you, g. Now put your feet up and get some gaming in.
  • I must admit I am looking forward to finally having some time to do some actual gaming Yoss

been too long

g.man
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Off to the Bahamas then?!
    Might treat myself to a fortnight in North Wales come June.

I know this little pub in the middle of nowhere...

g.man
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Flashpoint reunion.
  • Wooooo!
  • Off to Edunburgh then. Forecast is heavy rain.

:(

g.man
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's not over til it's over.  Nice duds.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Of course it'll rain g - bank holiday an all.
  • Indeed. Nice to see you over here Hawk.

btw

g.man
  • ...an ending...

and so for g.man the season finally comes to a close. It began in Bristol last July, ended last night in Edinburgh, and took in 80 matches in all corners of Britain.
    In some respects it was easier than the previous season, and in other respects it was much, much harder. This was the year that I stepped up to the plate and took charge of things. I'm now supervising the cameras, and by in large get a much better selection of cameras to operate personally.
    Last night at Hibs was amazing. I operated the XMo and turned up the dial marked awesome all the way to eleven. Consequently I could have made a killer showreel out of just that one match.
    Always good to end on a high, so I'm bowing out now. Normally now that ESPN has finished it's quota of games I'd get in touch with SKY to offer my services for the Scottish Cup Final and the last day of the premiership, but this year I'm not bothered. I don't need the work, and I don't want the work. I'm done. It's time to get some rest, recharge my batteries, play some feckin games for once (must get my broadband sorted out), and for the love of all that's holy...have a holiday.
    Time to fade up the music and run the closing titles on what has been the most satisfying year of my career to date.

PhotoMay0880728.pngPhotoMay0880735.pngPhotoMay0880743.pngPhotoMay0880805.pngPhotoMay0880831.pngPhotoMay0880846.pngPhotoMay0880919.pngPhotoMay0880933.pngPhotoMay0880952.pngPhotoMay0881006.pngPhotoMay0881017.pngPhotoMay0881041.pngPhotoMay0881054.pngPhotoMay0881102.pngPhotoMay0881125.pngPhotoMay0881151.pngPhotoMay0881205.pngPhotoMay0881222.pngPhotoMay0881241.pngPhotoMay0881334.pngPhotoMay0881345.pngPhotoMay0881352.pngPhotoMay0881413.pngPhotoMay0881421.pngPhotoMay0881436.pngPhotoMay0881454.pngPhotoMay0881514.png
    PhotoMay07215139.jpg

peace, out

g.man
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    You're still posting here though right...

Also that diet would be the death of mortal men.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Oh, I'm not going anywhere Skezzit.

I'll be staying right here.

g.man
  • If you click on one of those pictures it opens it in a separate gallery which you can then cycle through by clicking on the displayed picture. Another B&B show of awesomeness.
  • So from this we learn that you like Guiness, a shitty diet, and being miserable outside.
  • Wait, sometimes you like being miserable on a train.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It runs the gamut of misery.
  • It sure is great being miserable.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    The head on the fresh pint of Guinness wants topping up.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Well splice the mainbrace and shiver me timbers! 
    Long g Silver be setting sail for for the silvery waters of Olde Bristol Towne at the end of the month.
    Pookaaaarrrr! Where be ye hiding, ye salty dog!

arrrrrrrr!

Long g.
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    So I take it you've never been to Bristol, G?
    The janitor.
  • im sat here drinking a coffee and thinking 'eee it's a hard life'
  • Petey wrote:
    So I take it you've never been to Bristol, G?
    Au contraire. I've been several times, and I really like the place.
    This is just nice because the first job of this season was women's footie in Bristol, and the last job is also going to be women's footie in Bristol. The circle is complete.
    I make virtually no money on jobs like this. I just do them for the craic really, and as Turtle lives in Bristol, hopefully I'll get the chance to hook up with him again.

busman's holiday

g.man
  • pity theres no reason for anyone to come to worcester ever
  • I don't even know where Worcester is, but if I'm ever in the vicinity I'll be sure and look you up mate.

regards

g.man
  • the good ole boys of edge are always welcome

edit: and girls, booyah!
  • Woooo!
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Bristol is a lovely, lovely place. If you're down there in the futre (september onwards) give me a shout, I might be able to make it down under the pretence of "visiting the girlfriend".
    The janitor.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!