PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I met the guy who plays Q once. He wasn't very nice.

My Dad tried to sell me to a Klingon in the Star Trek bar in Vegas.

I was a sad panda when I found out they closed it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I went to the Star Trek experience in Vegas, a Klingon scared the shit out of me, I was 14 at the time.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It was a bit of a shortsighted move because the new movie was already on the horizon when they closed it. Then within a year they wanted to reopen it but haven't been able to yet. A missed opportunity for profit if nothing else.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    A missed opportunity for profit if nothing else.

Profit, you say?

QuarkDS9.jpg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    The 64th rule of acquisition - nerds have lots of money.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Those lugs may be the reason DS9 comes at the bottom of my Trek TV list, that and Sisko and his annoying son. TNG is my fave, followed closely by TOS.
    Things can only get better.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I met the guy who plays Q once. He wasn't very nice.

• Tng bluray won't be that good. The show was filmed on video. The original series was on film, that's why the hd episodes look so sharp. Hard to tidy up video they say.

Also the star trek film needed a new time line. The universe is too full. They would constantly stumble over time lines
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Scotswahey wrote:
    Tng bluray won't be that good. The show was filmed on video. The original series was on film, that's why the hd episodes look so sharp. Hard to tidy up video they say.

That's wrong they used film for all standard scenes, which they used in the HD transfer, and they've redone all the SFX scenes, which were on video. Just finding out that means I'm now a lot more interested in getting an Hd set.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I think it was common practice to shoot on film and then transfer to video, although I'm not sure if all of TNG was shot on film, so you could be right for later seasons.
  • I seem to remember reading that the film footage was transferred to video to be edited, that's why it looks like it was shot on video.
  • It was all shot on film I bought the taster
    91oi76wRGkL._AA1500_.jpg
    And it looks amazing
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Jeez, they can fucking sell anything nowadays can't they. How much did the glorified trailer cost?
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    ArrrRRRRRGGGHHHHHH, it was ALL shot on film for fuck's sake, all the series, except for the CGI stuff (oh, and the end of Enterprise when they moved to HD digital video). It was COMPOSITED on video. Why do you think they're bothering to put it on video? Why do you think people are getting excited about it? Nobody in their right fucking mind would care if they released a Blu-ray of upscaled video footage, it would look like absolute shit.
  • Shame I've not got a BluRay player. Are they releasing it as a new DVD set, or is there one already out? I could see myself watching TNG through at least once it the next few years so I need to know this.

Forum, make it so.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The new season 1 set is out today and there's no sign of a DVD. If you shop around you can get individual DVD seasons of all the Star Trek series for less than £15.
  • Scotswahey wrote:
    Also the star trek film needed a new time line. The universe is too full. They would constantly stumble over time lines

No. You have several hundred years and as many 'protect the timeline' stories as you want.
  • I'd have just moved things forward a couple of hundred years from TNG era. This would probably work better in a series than a film but it still allows them to do all sorts of new stuff without trampling over the lore. 

It wouldn't have made any money though.
  • Too much technology kills star trek. If they can go to warp 10 without the ship falling apart then whats the point? I want to see a crew fighting overwhelming odds and coming through it because their humanity and courage made the difference. Star Trek beyond TNG is boring.

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Is Riker's beard film or video?
  • Could Riker really beat up a Klingon? I always thought that was a bit dodgy.

• Escape wrote:
    Is Riker's beard film or video?
    I think it was edited in on beta max.

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    That was for chest hair.

Scotswahey wrote:
    Could Riker really beat up a Klingon?

Not pre-beard, no.
  • There is one star trek episode I don't think they should have ever made. I think its a TNG episode but cant remember it's name. Basically it stated that a humanoid race travelled the galaxy and found no other life. They decide that they didnt want to live as the only race in the galaxy so spread their seed throughout.

Where does Q fit into all this? Surely they would have been around at the time.

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Q was at the hat shop.

1gR2f.jpg

I think that's what it looked like through @RockIsSponge's eyes.
  • It also goes against the Q episode where the primordial sludge mixes together and life begins on earth but in that case Q stopped it from happening thus destroying any chance of humans evolving.

• I remember that one. Maybe they just hadn't bumped into him, he just takes humanoid form after all and I'm assuming he wasn't always rouge from the Q continuum.
  • They probably messed up the space time continuum at some point
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    I'm assuming he wasn't always rouge from the Q continuum.

Sometimes he wore yellow.

1900047-star_trek_i_super.png
  • There is a twitter account called TNG Season 8 which always makes me laugh - excerpts:

Picard must work with a cannibal species that eats its poor. Worf gets loaded on blood wine spritzers and admits he's not a great reader.

A long lost Starfleet ship appears with wood repairs. Barclay accidentally locks himself in Riker's room, hides under the bed. Huge mistake.

A deligation of alien hummingbirds secretly plan to drink Wesley. It's a challenge, but Riker still manages to hook up with one.

Q shows up in a Scarlett O’Hara dress and swaps everyone’s gender to teach Riker a lesson. Geordiela is SO jealous of Dadaette’s hair.

Caretakers of a planet-sized library steal Data's brain to store their massive catalog. Picard won't shut up about chess.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!