regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I finished Mgs last night (on vita - still working away on twin snakes)
    It wasn't a good run for me, but I just wanted to get it done. Got a Jaws ranking, which I think is tied into hard mode and killing erryting.

My fave boss battles were sniper wolf (still, except fucking otacon after) and Vulcan. Couldn't be fucked with mantis. The ending is still ludicrously homoerotic ergo amazing.

Moving onto 2 now. Will have all done by September fo sho
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I finished Mgs last night (on vita - still working away on twin snakes) It wasn't a good run for me, but I just wanted to get it done. Got a Jaws ranking, which I think is tied into hard mode and killing erryting. My fave boss battles were sniper wolf (still, except fucking otacon after) and Vulcan. Couldn't be fucked with mantis. The ending is still ludicrously homoerotic ergo amazing. Moving onto 2 now. Will have all done by September fo sho

Is this your first run through?
  • Something always irked me about Psycho Mantis, in that while the controller swap was a neat trick it's also a cheap trick. there's no good reason to do it other than prompting or cheating. Why is it he can only read controller port 1?
  • I completely forgot about that trick when I was playing through Twin Snakes and ended up just punching the fucker for about 20 minutes,
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    I finished Mgs last night (on vita - still working away on twin snakes) It wasn't a good run for me, but I just wanted to get it done. Got a Jaws ranking, which I think is tied into hard mode and killing erryting. My fave boss battles were sniper wolf (still, except fucking otacon after) and Vulcan. Couldn't be fucked with mantis. The ending is still ludicrously homoerotic ergo amazing. Moving onto 2 now. Will have all done by September fo sho

Is this your first run through?

Oh god no. I'm just shit at videogames
  • I only asked as I was wondering how this series would hold up to someone playing for the first time - ie without the nostalgia tint.
  • Something always irked me about Psycho Mantis, in that while the controller swap was a neat trick it's also a cheap trick. there's no good reason to do it other than prompting or cheating. Why is it he can only read controller port 1?

That's because he is a mind reader and your brain is in the memory card slot one
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Thats probably a decent as reason as possible. Thanks!
  • Play the mgs game with a save file for iss pro or castlevania symphony of the night on the memory card.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    " I SEE YOU LIKE FOOTBALL"
  • What a thrill.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's number 3...
  • Yeah but the songs stuck in your head now.
  • Well it's stuck in my head now. Thanks for nothing.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Some day you'll feed on a tree frog...
  • What a fear in my heart.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • And anyway I can't speak or read let alone write what the lyrics to 'The Best is Yet to Come' are. But that's a tip-top ending song too.
  • Does anyone know if the MGS3 HD version has the camera from subsistence or from the original? I tried playing MGS3 on the PS2 and it was doing my nut. I think I've become too accustomed to the 360 camera to play it like that.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • It had the subsistence camera, yep
  • Getting bought!
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Scotswahey wrote:
    Does anyone know if the MGS3 HD version has the camera from subsistence or from the original? I tried playing MGS3 on the PS2 and it was doing my nut. I think I've become too accustomed to the 360 camera to play it like that.
    i think you can toggle between them in game, though why you'd want the top down one in 3 is beyond me.

I really want to play 3 again, when i think of all the parts as you play through i get super nostalgic. I think about sneaking around that lab i want to play it - maybe because i never quite got through the area without being seen. some of those scientists can really spot a disguise.

NARCOSIS CIGARELLOS! 

naked_snake_scientist_by_sidneymadmax-d5grbgi.png
  • made such a mess of that bit, but it was hilarious and excellent.
  • did you get the KO cigs? they make that whole section much more fun!

if i were to criticise MGS3 it would only be that it doesn't have a chapter select with scores. that and pressure sensitive throat slitting/triggers a bit annoying.

now i think about it, i've only got 3 kerotans left to get a platinum trophy...
  • Jeez, some of the kerotans are notoriously hard to get. Thats quite the achievement @Smang
  • thanks, but i'd say its pretty doable, until you get to the jungle motorbike part at the end which is where the last 3 i have to get are :(
  • Those were the ones I was thinking about
  • Not surprised! i should have been more patient, i got a few of them on that part but if you miss one you have to re-load the game to get back there. i should have just done it as i was so close....

so close to 'platinuming' 4 as well, for some reason i still haven't mashed enough X to get all the flashbacks, and i need that last ipod track (only 6 more play-throughs to get that! lol)

2 is a bit of a dick with the dog-tag situation, and some of those VR missions are a pain in the cock.
  • If you miss a keratin on the bike just kill yourself, (rpg at ground) then retry.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Hip fire with the M60 then quick switch the directional mic to hear if you hit it. Only took me a couple of goes on the harder ones. Cold war camo makes the enemies less of an issue.
  • digi wrote:
    If you miss a keratin on the bike just kill yourself, (rpg at ground) then retry.
    pretty sure you can pause > go to main menu. sometimes if you're not quick the bike shoots off to a different section/checkpoint.
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Hip fire with the M60 then quick switch the directional mic to hear if you hit it. Only took me a couple of goes on the harder ones. Cold war camo makes the enemies less of an issue.

tbh i had no issue until the jungle part of the bike chase, i suffer quite badly from deuteranopia. back when MGS3 first came out i couldn't even play it with the fixed top down view, i was so mad and upset, gave up on the series. had to wait a year for subsistence to come out to drag me back in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!