The Division
  • I dunno, it's possible, then engine is new at least so it could deliver that graphical leap forward we saw. I would have though it would look similar on PC since stuff like ARMA3 and heavily modded Skyrim is already knocking on the door of what we saw in the trailer video.

I think it'll end up being the online by tablet and persistent world aspects that are cause for the delays. Maybe they just want to avoid Destiny?

Either way, I'd rather wait and we got a good game, but Watch Dogs is a thing so....
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • "Maybe they just want to avoid Destiny"

Lol. You're funny.
    GT: Knight640
  • Massively gutted. Sick as a parrot etc...
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It was never going to arrive this year. Watch_Dogs was shown in 2012 and is only just arriving two years later, The Division was shown in 2013 and will arrive in 2015.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft show another new title next month, which won't arrive till 2016.
  • The first wave of promo is about attracting talent to the project from what I've heard.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • The first rule of promo is HYPE. The second rule of promo is HYPE. The third rule of promo is push back until at least Q2 2015.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Aim for q4 2014 but with a knowing look at at q2 2015. That's what they taught us in school but the teacher in my old school was oldschool.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • I was taught when someone gives an estimate, double the number and up the unit by 1.

ie 1 day = 2 weeks, 2 months = 4 years. This was based on the coding for the US aviation control software but is probably as reliable an anecdote as the old 'back of the envelope' example from atomic testing.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I still have hope for this as a technical beast and one thing this has that the Watchdogs promo didn't have was the massive amount of clearly well produced, technically 'finalised seeming' assets, not to mention some pretty fundamental visual elements, LPV GI being one of them - Even if the game is bunk, it'll still be interesting to me on a technical level
  • This still looks great. That is all.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • It looks good, very much like GRFS which is no bad thing. Not sure how it is differentiating itself other than teh shinies, premise and companion app. I need to look more into it.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I dunno, persistent online and open world for a military shooter is a little different. Or at least enough of an extension over even large map BF to make me take notice.

The more interesting thing to me is the careful staging of the voice acting and pressumably human controlled protags.

Destiny's attempt at space opera and saving the earth/universe seems to have been deliberately undercut by dancing and a hub with people running around like dickheads, as they are want to.

th?&id=HN.608048368631022304&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

th?&id=HN.607997842642175112&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Seems to me any of these games are going to be relaying on players staying "in character" to help with atmosphere and getting the most out of it.

Will also be very dependant on how accessable the world is. If it's still hard to flank and make some wider tactics because 90% of the buildings are just facades it could be quite the disappointment.

• This is being shown really well, it looks like it's going to be very good indeed provided as you say face people stay in character.

It does make me wonder how they did their demos, presumably they stage a sequence and get their good players from the team to play it and capture one of them. Then a script is recorded by actors cast to sound like everyday happy people, radio processed so it sounds like it's over xbox live but better and put over the top of the gameplay. 

Can you imagine if they did it the other way round, with the actors trying to play the game and it was voiced by the devs?
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This game will be more Watch Dogs pish.
  • FFS indeed.
  • I'm torn. Given destiny development sitcho, I'm tempted to be happy with longer and more staff.

• I was at a games expo today that had this playable. The line was too long though but from what I saw from the sidelines it looked pretty neat.

Uhhhh, that's all.
  • http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-an-update-to-our-beta-plans/

The Division Beta planned for December will now take place in early 2016. However, we’re excited to announce that players who preordered the Xbox One version will have priority access to an exclusive closed Xbox One alpha testing phase, taking place from December 9 to 12. Those of you on the waitlist for the Xbox One alpha may be granted access on an as needed basis. In addition, players who pre-ordered the Xbox One, PS4, or PC version of The Division will have access to a closed beta on their respective platforms in early 2016.

Sounds like an alpha as a demo because it's not nearly ready. Ubisoft aren't on a great run just now.
  • I still have my fingers crossed for this, but yeah, Ubisoft.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm in on the Alpha, fingers crossed for tomorrow
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I suppose it's quicker to get 720p pixels onto a screen than 1080p plus :-D

MS should put that in their ads. Get you lower res games first, only on Xbox One.

*ducks*

• b0r1s wrote:
    I suppose it's quicker to get 720p pixels onto a screen than 1080p plus :-D

MS should put that in their ads. Get you lower res games first, only on Xbox One.

*ducks*

Quack Quack !!!!!!

• Played this earlier in the year, really ambitious project, could be absolutely incredible.  I only had a bit of time with it so can't say if i'm in or not.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Is no one else in the Alpha ?

Wouldn't joining up to try some free roam or some Dark Zones
  • Billy wrote:
    Played this earlier in the year, really ambitious project, could be absolutely incredible.  I only had a bit of time with it so can't say if i'm in or not.

I hope they still have some of the fancy visual and physics tech they were touting at the start in there too.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I pre-ordered (and paid) for this about 2 years ago!

What is the current release date?
  • Spring 2016 i think.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Spring 2116 i think.

• isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Yup. The current thinking is that Ubi will punt this out before financial year end (Q1 2016) whether it's ready or not..it has to get out there now and has been punted too many times now. 
    Will they Destiny it? Or will it launch as a more complete product? How it hold up in these alphas and betas could be pretty interesting.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!