Wii and Wii U
  • Think you might be right on the zombie/resi thing. As for HD Wind Waker, i cant imagine anyone not loving that though perhaps it's best suited to the 3ds? (pithy thought: Fez belongs on 3ds!)

Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Imagine the shit Phil Fish would make you do with the stylus. Probably writing in Hebrew or sommat.
  • Pikmin 3 is the first party launch game.  It's probably reason enough for me to buy the U at launch.
    HD WindWaker would be a good idea, if they bothered finishing the game this time around.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm okay with Pikmin 3. I'll be buying that.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Trying to obtain a copy of Pikmin 2 Wii that isn't from fucking Australia is making me cry tears of blood.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Is Pikmin really the game to lead the charge? It could be a masterstroke of fluid, intuative interaction or a gorgeous but fiddly reheat. You need something to get folk's hearts' racing on launch day...not fucking darksider 2 tho.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I has a PIKMIN 2 on both Wii and GC ... It's CHARMING
  • Charming as FUCK!
  • I never played Pikmin and don't really understand what it is. It's some kind of RTS isn't it?

If it's proper 1st party ninty then I guess it'll be the one to go for.

And I think I smell Fzero.  If not at launch, then at least shown at E3.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Rub it in Reg, you FUCK.
  • Huh? :/ There are plenty of UK copies on Amazon for about fifteen pounds.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There's actually no way of telling they're Australian unless you contact the vendor. Fucking Australians... they spread like cancer I tell you!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Saw a used copy with an unused points card, rashly bought it straight away. Let's hope this one turns out OK. My copy of Pikmin 1 Wii was £5 used from the GAME fire sale, as new with an unused points card, so let's hope it's a good omen...
  • Why would you want to play Pikmin again? Surely Nintendo treating it as a system seller is a bit like Reggie's claim a few years back that the Wii's hardcore game that year would be Animal Crossing?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Problem I see is that Nintendo are pushing the fact that it's as powerful as the 360 and Ps3 just as we get ready to launch to a new generation of more powerful hardware. This would've been fine 4/5 years ago but NOW? It needs to be MORE powerful than the current gen in order to compete.

Disagree completely. Look at 3DS and PSVita. Which is selling like hot cakes and which is tanking? Look at DS versus PSP. Look at the number of Wiis sold compared to PS3 and 360. As far as I know, it's still outsold them both. Look at what happened when Nintendo tried to compete on power, they ended up with the GameCube (which I love, but it didn't exactly set the world on fire).

Games consoles aren't about power, they're about accessibility. The Wii came out when very few people had HD TVs. Now more people do, it makes more sense to include 1080i/p output. When it was released, the Wii was far cheaper than the 360, and a fraction of the price of the PS3. Don't forget how important that is. The average man in the street doesn't give a shit (or in a lot of cases, even understand) which console has the most cores, the most RAM, etc. They want the one that they can afford that works with the TV they have.
    Also Elm made a very valid point about Aliens and (I hope he doesn't mind me paraphrasing this on here) the whole tension thing between having your pulse rifle in two hands and having to lower it to bring up the motion tracker in one hand, rendering you vunerable to attack would be totally lost by being able to have it constantly at hand.  Plus... Fuck Nintendo

Also disagree. It's the perfect antidote to a tension-breaking HUD with an always visible tracker in one corner, whilst still maintaining that sense of vulnerability. "Shit, I can hear a pulse. Now I have to look away from the TV and down at my tracker to work out where it's coming from."

Plus, it's the motion tracker. From Aliens. In your hands. How is this not purest awesome?
    Plornt wrote:
    So... Blockbuster have released a list of 25 Wii U games, some which have not been revealed in public yet.

Aliens: Colonial Marines
    Batman: Arkham City
    Metro: Last Light
    New Super Mario Brothers Wii
    Pikmin

Dibs, dibs, dibs, dibs and dibs.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Fat-fingered Fisher-Price fudgery. At least their Trident could be used to repel other children.
  • Swirl is 13.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Don't push that circle too far; your dreams'll be china in your hands.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Arkham City no thanks. 4 hour game? Nah.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Don't push that circle too far; your dreams'll be china in your hands.

I've read this over and over again, but I still have no idea what it means.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sounds pure romantic but
  • n0face wrote:
    Does anybody know if there is a way to unlock all characters and tracks on Mario kart wii quickly or with cheat codes? Checked google quickly but can't see anything.
    @n0face

It's definitely possible. I have my Wii games installed to a hdd and use usb-loader GX/configurable usb-loader to run games, they have built-in system where you can download game-genie cheats and apply them before you launch. I had a look once and there were cheats to unlock all tracks etc. in Mario Kart.

There are probably other ways to apply them but if you can soft mod and install one of these loaders i'd highly recommend it.
  • I'd actually love to play lylat wars on the Wii U. I can imagine them making good use of the controller - targeting, or map view for battles, formations/squad control. Would want a new lylat wars though, not a reboot.

I think Zelda's probably going to make the most ingenious use of it though, and combined with standard inventory/spell management that'll make it a joy to play.

I never got a 360 or PS3 so I wouldn't actually mind getting those games, updated a bit. I imagine it'll be the same for a lot of Wii owners. Last I checked the graphics point to a 360 1.5. I think that's no bad thing, but whether current 360 or PS3 owners will bother with it, especially when it's not going to be as cheap as the Wii I reckon, I dunno. I think the clear physical difference/new way to play should win over current Wii owners though. So it might not sell as well as the Wii. For me though, seems like a great bit of kit. Ninty games with decent power to back them up, proper third party support, lots of easy ports that'll hopefully be done well, and a new way to play that has some promise.
    Hi Hosting - Fast and Reliable UK Web Hosting
    We host a number of bears and badgers, get in touch if want a website too!
  • I've decided against getting this at launch, which will be the first time since the SNES that I haven't had a Nintendo home console from day one. I will get one eventually, but I want a good catalogue of games before I jump on board.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Any possibility of the launch line-up changing your mind if it turns out to be surprisingly super-duper (or if the hardware is surprisingly cheap)?
  • It's possible. Unlikely, but possible. It will be the next home console I buy, it's just a question of when.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • RasDam wrote:
    I've decided against getting this at launch, which will be the first time since the SNES that I haven't had a Nintendo home console from day one. I will get one eventually, but I want a good catalogue of games before I jump on board.

Same here. Day one console purchases are over for me. I bought the Wii at launch, but before that it was the Xbox. I'm looking forward to the console (and its inevitably superb exclusives), but I'm only just about ready to consider buying a 3DS.
  • I refuse to buy a 3DS until they sort out the second analogue stick debacle.
  • +1 for a 3DS Lite. When's one coming out anyway? Until then it's the DS Lite and more advance wars
    Hi Hosting - Fast and Reliable UK Web Hosting
    We host a number of bears and badgers, get in touch if want a website too!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'd quite like a 3DS XL. I think the DSi XL might be my favourite portable console ever.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!