Life is Strange / Life is Amaze
‹ Previous123456712
  • lifeisstrange.jpg

Life Is Strange is an episodic interactive drama graphic adventure video game developed by Dontnod Entertainment, and published by Square Enix. It is the most important game of 2015.

The first 4 episodes are available on PC, PS3, 360, PS4, and Bono. The 5th and final episode should be coming out in September or thereabouts.

Talk to me.
  • Can't be worse than fucking David Cage.
  • I love it. gOtY candidate for me.

Is this a spoiler thread or no?
  • Didn't we already have one of these?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's pretty great. There's a few times where I've cringed at the teens being enlightened thing - movies being referenced etc - then I realise I was as much an asshole as these guys,it's being a teen.

I'm on chapter 3, and the whole thing has been just so damn on point.

We've all noticed the car license plates right
  • I see it's on 360 and the first episode is free. Might as well try it then.
  • Yup to the license plates.

As I said elsewhere the whole thing is Twin Peaks meets Juno and that's just perfect in my book. 

The facial tech on any but the two main leads is pretty fucking terrible though and yeah, there are points where I've cringed a bit at bits of the script but fuck all that, it's got heart and a clarity of what it is and isn't.  Great stuff.
  • And are we discussing plot points in here?  I know reg and I are pretty much in the same spot of ep3 so I don't want anything after that bleeding into my eyes just yet.
  • I'm as far as can be so I'm fine with any spoilers, but maybe everything needs to stay in spoiler tags for the time being if you're both only so far?

As long as people are clear, it should work ok.
  • Ooh more games for me to buy
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Why is it so important?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm half way through episode III. Have put it down for a while. Need a quiet moment to pick it back up.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Haven't really got much to say about it, but found the 'acting/animation' to be surprisingly good.

In the short section I saw the gwafix and awedio were also matched by a rather nuanced piece of writing, so I was somewhat intrigued, but I expect it to be another TWD in terms of gameplay...

Amiwrong?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I'm just waiting for episode five now. So far I've really enjoyed it, although some of the twists are very predictable. Conversely, some parts of the game are too mysterious.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I got midway through episode 1 when it first came out. But then had to go to sleep. And then played something else the next day.

Quite enjoyed what I saw, felt pleasantly different in setting. So given I bought the season pads I really should dive back in!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sitting listening to the ost in work. Feels, man.
  • I happy to play a game interacting with teenagers, as long as there is less stabbing.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Why is it so important?
    It's emotionally resonant in a way very few games are. It's the antithesis of the riotous dominance of ACTION games that completely control the market and it's a breath of fresh air. It's also got CHLOE.

The section at the beginning...
    Spoiler:

...that was the moment I knew I was going to get on with this game. The end of episode 1 too.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's basically the fuck you to every other game coming out this year and I love it.
  • All of the above.

I'm in a weird place with games at the moment - i like the promise of what they might (or maybe should be) but the reality of my experience nearly always disappoints me.  There's too many reasons to list but one of the main ones is the general homogenisation of big releases, there's a lot to be proud about getting a 1000+ members of staff to buy into one ultimate vision but it doesn't half sap the personality and authorship from things.

This game though - and it is still very clearly gamey in a lot of rubbishy ways - has a thought and a passion behind it that hasn't been destroyed by 200 guys from marketing.  There's loads of rough edges that you could pick holes in but i forgive it all simply for the characters and world they've created.  It's a breath of fresh air rising above all the swords, open worlds, guns and of games only getting good after I've put 75 hours into it.

I don't think its important in any way though. I wish i could say it was and that it was perhaps a sign of further small scale and indie growth but that's finding its own way regardless of this title.  It has evoked a very similar response to season 1 of TWD with me and many others and the only longer term impact that had was to allow too much goodwill to Telltale to allow them to pump out the same templated shit on license after license.  

Its ace though and the soundtrack is indeed great.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I might try and see of my wife will play it. She played the first couple of tomb raiders, monkey island and recently enjoyed Guacamelee, so she's not averse to gaming. She's quite liked watching the story elements of some games she's seen me play, so this could be something she'd enjoy.
  • What is this like to play on remote play?

I find the telltale episodic games to be a perfect fit for remote play, and this could be the next game to focus on playing through the vita.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Replaying Episode 4 with my friend.

GOTY. /crai
  • Smashed the first 2 episodes today, so far so good.
  • This as good as Walking Dead? I might do what I did with that and just play through all episodes during Xmas.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    This as good as Walking Dead? I might do what I did with that and just play through all episodes during Xmas.

I think it is better than the Walking Dead, I also think, whilst it does not have the bling of Cages last 2 efforts visually(still a looker tho), it also shits on them from a great height.  So much more fleshed out & much more interaction.

The best in the class so far of this genre.  Really enjoying its tale & setting.
  • Okay I have taken the leap...

Enjoying the first episode so far, nice to have some puzzles to solve already. The story is a bit slow at the moment but it has had some nice choices already. The time mechanic is also brilliant and has been great fun to use.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • The time mechanic feels super integrated to a teenage theme game.

Imagine we weren't all flowery verbose like Dawson when we were kids...the ability to have time rewind and as much time to say that witty thing. Too good.

• The language is also really interesting. A lot of people have been sneery about sounding like nonsense gobbledegook and the repurpose of normal words into janky teenspeak.

Recall, the horrors and ironic groans of parents when you used to say something was "wicked" or "bad"
‹ Previous123456712

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!