Star Trek
  • Love it.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Bah. Page turn fuckery! @tempy
  • It's ok. MORE!

Geordi builds a submersible shuttle to rescue Data, who has fallen into an ocean trench. Worf kills Picard's bonsai tree by screaming at it.

Picard officiates a dangerous Vulcan divorce. Wes drinks a "suicide", which is everything the replicator can make blended into one drink.

A world with a terminal plague tries to attract the Borg as a cure. Geordi's visor falls off into the toilet for the millionth time.

A transporter error quickly fills the ship with hundreds of excited dogs. Worf calls them "fools" and "disgusting".

Q's back: he's wearing scuba gear and needs Picard's help dumping his girlfriend. Barclay accidentally locks himself outside the ship.

Picard and Worf find themselves trapped in a cave. Data and Riker are stuck in a DIFFERENT cave. Troi and Wesley? Cave.

The whole bunch
  • I've just got this forlorn image of a visor floating in piss, with a single tear forming at the side of Geordie's LED flashing eyes...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Turns out they've buggered up the audio on some of the episodes on the new TNG Season 1 Blu-ray set, and are having to replace half the discs. Might be better to wait for them to sort it all out before buying.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Aaaarrrghhhh a Trek thread.

For me DS9 just edges TNG just because DS9 had better continuity & characters, with the Founders/prophets/cival war milarky.

Picard just edges Sisko though, just, because he is a bad ass no shit captain with sooooooo many levels & the episodes "Darmok" & "The inner light" are some kick ass TV, plus any eps where Picard/Borg shiz is going on.

Voyager & Janeway can get fecked & for my shame, the Voyager hate bleed into Enterprise which I never watched.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Not a fan of Janeway, especially when she tries to look tough which seems to be most of the time,  but she kick's Archer's ass, must be the thickest starship captain in Star Trek history.

EDIT: On seconds thoughts he's still smarter than the new Kirk.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I got into Voyager during season 4, which I rewatched recently and still thought was great. I'm almost through season 2 at the moment, which has been very ropey. I can see why some people don't like Voyager based on the lower-quality parts of it.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    It's been a while but I seem to remember thinking season 4 was pants. I think they'd gone in to a panic over low ratings and were trying to jazz it up with a sexy Lycra Borg lady and more explosions, so it was more action packed but also very stupid and predictable. I thought there were some interesting episodes in season 3, it seemed like the show was gradually starting to not suck, then it all went out the window with 4.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Apparently there's an issue with some of the Blu Ray Season 1 TNG sound. Once that gets sorted I'm all over it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    WHERE DID ALL THE STAR TREK DISCUSSION GO?!

Let's see, um... err...

Tuvix - did she make the right decision, DID SHE?!?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Not sure about the Tuvix decision, but on a Voyager note, I think the doctor (did he ever decide on a name?) is possibly, maybe, probably my favourite Star Trek character.
  • Birdorf wrote:
    Not sure about the Tuvix decision, but on a Voyager note, I think the doctor (did he ever decide on a name?) is possibly, maybe, probably my favourite Star Trek character.

Joe.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Birdorf wrote:

Here's a book you might like?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I might like that, but not for £36.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Y'know I seem to remember thinking I prefer Tuvix to both of the other characters. Interesting thing to try if you needed to write a character out, just have them transform into someone new, I guess that's kind of what they did with Ezri.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I got into Voyager during season 4, which I rewatched recently and still thought was great. I'm almost through season 2 at the moment, which has been very ropey. I can see why some people don't like Voyager based on the lower-quality parts of it.

I started with Voyager right from the beginning, never watched it much past season 3. I'm pretty sure that season 1 featured the ship-flying-into-a-gas-cloud-that-turned-out-to-be-alive plot at least four times, with a handful of episodes dedicated to holodeck/transporter malfunctions. It's a wonder anyone uses the holodeck, that thing is a fucking liability.

It was only really season 2 when they realised they had an entire sector of unexplored space to play with, and started doing the more interesting plots.

One of these days I'll go back to it, but I don't see it happening soon.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • All the run-ins with the bloody Kazon (sp?) annoyed the hell out of me in Voyager. I can't quite remember how long they stuck with the Kazon, but it felt like an eternity. Whereas the episodes involving species 8472 seemed to go by too quickly. An alien race that scared the shit out of the Borg deserved more air time.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    mannaboy wrote:
    Scotswahey wrote:
    Tng bluray won't be that good. The show was filmed on video. The original series was on film, that's why the hd episodes look so sharp. Hard to tidy up video they say.
    That's wrong they used film for all standard scenes, which they used in the HD transfer, and they've redone all the SFX scenes, which were on video. Just finding out that means I'm now a lot more interested in getting an Hd set.

It's still in 4:3 aspect ratio though, which is a shame.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    RasDam wrote:
    All the run-ins with the bloody Kazon (sp?) annoyed the hell out of me in Voyager. I can't quite remember how long they stuck with the Kazon, but it felt like an eternity. Whereas the episodes involving species 8472 seemed to go by too quickly. An alien race that scared the shit out of the Borg deserved more air time.

They introduced the Kazon and the Vidians in season 1 and then continued to heavily feature them in season 2, at the expense of introducing any new recurring aliens that season.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    RasDam wrote:
    Whereas the episodes involving species 8472 seemed to go by too quickly. An alien race that scared the shit out of the Borg deserved more air time.

True that.

The frequency with which the Voyager crew beat the Borg also neutered them, to be honest. It's hard to be scared of something that you see get embarrassed every other week. Makes you wonder why Wolf 359 is meant to be a big deal.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Voyager absolutely Nerfed the Borg. They used them so frequently, when they are the absolute definition of a 'big bad'. My dislike for Voyager is fairly high.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Voyager got more interesting after season 1, but it didn't maintain my interest. The will they/won't they get home plot wore thin very quickly.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Um, as MacGuffin's go that's a biggie. Whether they did or not was never relevant.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Precisely, it was never relevant. It was barely even something they talked about after season one. They rarely even struggled with resources, which could have been an interesting on-going plot point (see the early episodes of Battlestar).

Despite being trapped on the wrong side of the galaxy, it was almost never anything other than business as usual.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They basically weren't allowed to go dark with the concept, plus DS9 was on at the same time so they wouldn't have wanted to make it too serialised anyway. I agree they could have made more of it though, wasn't there a fairly big plot hole in that they use photon torpedoes fairly indiscriminately despite them using non-replicable components?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I could have sworn they went mining/trading every now and then.

Don't quote me but I thought the lore said the replicators never ran out.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Replicators can't replicate certain things. Warp coils and something for photon torpedoes just off the top of my head.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Or anything living or overly complex? Or am I know mixing up the Terminator lore.

Still, I'm sure they never run out.
  • Why did Nelix have the whole kitchen garden thing going on then? There was definitely some sort of resource problem at the beginning of voyager.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!