EDGE: Christ on a bike, it’s a knuckle sando!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Without you lot i wouldn't have bothered with my PS3, Far Cry 2, Borderlands, Trials (THANK YOU ALL, MAINLY MOTO) and loads other stuff, so yeah, big kiss.
    Aw shucks! I just wish you didn't get so good at it!

With all this EDGE talk I might actually start a new sub up...
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Eveyone says it's shit but it's sold to 27% of the user base at a price that's 71% of the cost of a whole 4GB console. And that's working on a simple comparison of user bases, never mind all the console+kinect packs that were sold. We're a long long way past adding support and releasing games to prevent it being a failure.

"It's shit" is based on the product being shit, not how many units it sold. It could sell more than the Wii, and it would still be shit.

Also Mod, failure referred to the money it cost in R&D and manufacture. Did it make it's money back? Did it make it's money back and then some? I've no idea to be honest.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    It's shit so everyone who bought one threw it in a cupboard soon after purchase and told all their friends it was shit and not to buy one then MS shifted 18m units at $149.99 on marketing alone.

Right o.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    It's shit so everyone who bought one threw it in a cupboard soon after purchase and told all their friends it was shit and not to buy one then MS shifted 18m units at $149.99 on marketing alone. Right o.
    If Kinect isn't shit, then Wii is betterer than Kinect.
  • Kinect is a great concept nerfed buy a lack of power and a lack of decent support.

The games are really just HD Eyetoy games, the voice stuff is nice but not many would have bought it for that.

It does however mark the start of a change in how we engage with technology.
  • Mod, I have a Kinect. I use it. It's shit.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    It's shit so everyone who bought one threw it in a cupboard soon after purchase and told all their friends it was shit and not to buy one then MS shifted 18m units at $149.99 on marketing alone. Right o.
    If Kinect isn't shit, then Wii is betterer than Kinect.

Wii motion control is miles better than Kinect.

That's not the topic of discussion though. The topic is everyone who said Kinect it would be a failure and a laughing stock were so spectacularly retardedly wrong they should be ashamed to make a video game prediction ever again.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Mod, I have a Kinect. I use it. It's shit.

And you said that to every person in GAME who was intending to buy one?
  • This seems an appropriate place for this. A message to me from Edge, via Zinio.

OK HOW DO I POST IMAGES HERE?
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • [ img ] [ /img] without the spaces in the brackets.
  • Try again...

Yeah, I am totally crap at this image stuff. Instead just imagine an email from Edge with the subject 'Did we do something wrong?' and main image stating 'Why did you leave us?'

I may just send them a link to this thread.
  • Sounds like an email re. cancelling a sub to me, the one I just had from Microsoft was pretty similar.
  • Yeah, a pretty standard sub cancel response, but the emotive pleas seemed more emotional (desperate?) than usual, due to fact I received it immediately after reading this thread. Actually, that's also a little creepy now I come to think of it.
  • Ok, got it working. Here it is. Well worth the wait, no? No? Shit.

07d2ee4b.jpg
  • Yeah, I had that. The 'did we do something wrong?' approach really seemed a bit pathetic. I'm not going to resubscribe by you trying to make me feel sorry for you, ok? It should have been, 'You bastard, I gave you the best years of my life', or something.
  • For me it would be:Moved abroad so mag not easily available for impulse purchase
    Online version of mag has been poor for too long, not helped by piss poor Zinio "service"
    Reviews now come free on site
    The whole forum debacle
    The Edge editorial style is starting to feel a little tired
    There is so much current, free and decent games news on the intranet that Edge is starting to feel a little, yes, outdated.
    Times have changed. I pretty much consume all my media online now, and Edge's online strategy really has been pitiful so far.
    That said, I still think Edge is best games mag out there, and if I was still in UK and could impulse grab a mag I probably would. And if Edge ever did fold that would be a big sad face time.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    That's it isn't it. They keep filling their site with reblogs and that's not the brand. However they do have to look actively involved. They should've just aimed to have a wonderfully interactive site where all the print version and a little more is available publicly and behind a partial-paywall like new scientist, online access included in subscriptions. Anyone can sign up, only articles are limited and there's a open public forum for debate. Instead of being a webzine clone bogged down in heavy trackback and ad-click business philosophies which is an understandable methology, if you were establishing a new brand.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I think a good alternative to payment (for any magazine/site) would be forum contributions. Cant be bothered to think too far into it but if you were a worthwhile forumerer with sexy posts then you wouldnt have to pay/as much as idiots to read the paywalled content.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    That was another thing that fucked the link between any front page community interacting with us lot, the spotlight feature they used to do. Any of us and some of us blogged on the main site. That was better than how they now reblog loltaku quality pieces about shit.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I'm amazed Future have a Loyalty Team, I'd still subscribe if it wasn't for their 'brand new customers only' attitude.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    "Retention and Loyalty team".

That doesn't sound like a shadowy offshoot of the police force in an oppressive regime at all.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They sound like a sad little echo on Twitter. "Battle.net has been hacked." Yes, yes, I know.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Was going to read a bit of the last 5 issues I have downloaded on my tab. But then I realised I have it locked in a bag and I'm on a bus so I can't. That was probably its last opportunity.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Print is dead.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    Print is dead.

Long live Print.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • As a past partner of Fenton, your feedback is very important to me and therefore I would like you to answer one simple question:

WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?
  • I still buy it every month. Thing is, I'm in no position to even begin to know what I'm talking about when it comes to judging writing or journalism. I think that it's just a rough patch for them just now. End of a generational cycle so we're seeing a lot of the same shit we've already seen, and right now, there's fuck all out or coming out as it is SUMMER.

Or something. I'm interested by that N-Gamer mob, but I'd probably wait until I get a 3DS before I start buying it.
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    As a past partner of Fenton, your feedback is very important to me and therefore I would like you to answer one simple question: WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?

I'm not sure I could afford the postage for a questionnaire like that :-/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!