Raspberry Pi
‹ Previous123456727
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Okay so carrying on with the Raspberry Pi love here. I have mine on 'reserve' / pre-order and should be with me in June so plenty of time to think of something ace.

My thoughts are:
    • Media centre
    • NAS / Torrentbox / Newsgrpr
    • MAME
    • Big project, mini cab, buttons, sticks, jazz
    Anyone else wet for this tech? What do you want to make it do?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Am wondering whether I could build my own monster-storage jukebox MP3 Walkman thing with an SSD, actually. There's nowt on the market that meets my needs.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    That sounds like a nice play- Also a wifi dongle would enable you to stream to your consoles and PC.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Welp, that'll be another chore on the pile then. Hope someone codes the software for it that I can pinch and install with a minimum of fuck.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Maybe you could just live with this?
  • If I can locate a suitable snug power supply and screen, I dare say I could ineed.
  • I got an order code from RS today. By the time I added power supply, cables, SD card and delivery it was just over £50. Despatch claims to be within 7 days but I'm not sure if I believe that. I need more time to think about what to do with it anyway. MAME box probably.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • I'm on two waiting lists for mine. I'm getting it mainly to get better with Python; haven't thought about what practical use it might have. I'll be interested to see what you guys come up with.
  • I was repairing my ZX Spectrum this afternoon with parts from a dead one that was given to me. I think I might be able to use the case to house my pi when it eventually arrives.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I too am on both lists, RS seem to not be sending me anything. I've only had comms from Farnell.

@mal0wner That would be a quality case. I have been looking for something premade myself. I saw a boss laser etched case on instagram- there are only about 30 Pi related photos on there ATM so easy to find and drool over.

Side note: Must apologise to @acemuzzy, I thought I had properly checked albeit manually, before posting this. Only saw your OP last night when I had all discussions in view and I trawled backward )o:
    I'll use search in future promise.
  • Classiest thing would be to stick it in an old NES case.

Actually - it would probably fit in an old NES cart, wouldn't it?
  • OR - get a 3D printer to make a custom case. Badger shaped.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    If all fails I'll just go for a fag packet. I've got one from Korea saved just in case.
  • Put it in this ah ha ha ha
    raspberry-pie-filling.jpg
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I remember reading that the Pi dev folks were suggesting there's no real reason it shouldn't run underwater/submerged at a smidge of a push. An actual raspberry Pie could be oddly doable...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Email update off RS. They might invite to order one soon. I guess they have spammed thousands of people with the same email.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Happy to be here to corroborate that speculation Beano. Also received the email suggesting that they might have some information next week on whether or not they may theoretically be able to guess at a possible delivery. Tantalising... 

I'm slightly more encouraged that they had actually have my email addy as I got in just before their entire network collapsed in the first 10 mins. Their total information blackout to date had me thinking that they had lost the first barrage of 'interest' or I had experienced an extremely vivid nerd-dream...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    isanbard wrote:
    I remember reading that the Pi dev folks were suggesting there's no real reason it shouldn't run underwater/submerged at a smidge of a push. An actual raspberry Pie could be oddly doable...

MMmmm... Crunchy...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I was getting update emails from RS about once a week since the launch date until I got one with a code for ordering last week. I think I registered about 5 minutes after the launch time. No further updates following my order so I am still expecting an actual delivery sometime next week.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Nice. I'd email them though and make sure!
  • No need. Just got an email from them 'Your item is being despatched' and a parcel force tracking number. I bet I'm out when they try to deliver.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    That's ace....

when-i-am-jealous-on-the-inside-on-the-outside.jpg

Seriously though, be nice to see you post giddy about it when it arrives. YOU MUST BE EXCITE!
  • My Pi has arrived! I'm loading Linux onto the SD card now!
  • Here you are.dscf4076e.jpgdscf4079m.jpg
    As you can see I have a pretty old TV at the moment and the text is virtually unreadable. I might try it out later on a spare 14" TV and see if it is better. I need to have a search around on the Raspberry Pi forums and see if there are any interesting disk images available.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    <cums />
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Thought this might be up people's street: Creative Commons announce the Free Pixel competition, to make a free/open source game.

Sounds like the kind of thing that'd go down a storm for Raspberry Pi users.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Indeed and it doesn't start till June.

That magpi mag is a bit weak- I expected more- still some useful stuff in there and they appear to have some decent iputees! No doubt it'll get better with time.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Wahey! Out of the blue RS decided to send me their secret 'invite to buy' log-in email. I've got a board and PSU inbound in 7-10 days apparently. I imagine in reality this will mean I receive it sometime before christmas... 

Will have to go get a keyboard and mouse I guess now. Nerd excitometer rising.
  • I got mine from RS and it came within 3 working days (I had the 7-10 days estimate too) so it could be sooner than you think. Not had much free time to do anything with it yet apart from load the OS onto the SD card and plug it all in.
‹ Previous123456727

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!