My God, She's Alive! A Pinball Thread
‹ Previous123456711
  • Don't think we have one of these and I know we've got a few pretty decent players.

Massively addicted to Bride of Pinbot and Tales of the Arabian Nights on Pinball Arcade (360 version - have it on iOS and Mac too). The UI stinks but the tables are gold - better than most of the Zen/FX tables imho. Wager this is probably by virtue of them being recreations of real tables.

Can't see anyone else on my FL who's taken the plunge though :( - 800msp on 360 which gets you Arabian Nights, Theatre of Magic, Blackhole and Ripley's Believe it or Not. 

Anyone have a real table? I'm thinking about getting one but no idea on costs/maintenance etc...
  • I'd love one of the old Bally tables.

cache_0_0_0_httpi246photobucketcomalbumsgg82yakmeatKiss%20Pinball%20PicsBackglass-01jpg.jpg
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Pinball Arcade actually tells you how many of each table was made - I think some of the older ones are more trouble than their worth though.
  • The Kirby IP is one of those where the spin-offs have tended to trump the main event, and that began with this nugget:

250px-Kirbyspinballland.jpg

Jaki Crush was cooler though.
  • First actual table I set my mind and wallet to getting dope at:

pool_sharks.jpg

I failed, but I'd probably still like to own it someday.
  • I'd be up for a Bride of Pinbot restoration in a few months I think.
  • I've done my fair share of pinballing, it's one thing I really miss is the sounds.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Feels like that's what could be missing from the Zen/FX tables you know.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've always liked a spot of videogame pinball - even back in the days of the 2600, Atari managed to throw together a weird pong/pinball type of game that was enjoyable.

I quite like Tilt (PS1/Saturn) and the Pro Pinball Games too.

Loved playing the real thing back in the day - a pub I worked in in Malvern in 1990 (The Unicorn for anyone from that part of the world) had a Twilight Zone machine which was sweet.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Local bar got rid of their machine. No reason to go there now, bastards.
  • OMFG PINBALL!  UK pinball party is next weekend just outside Northampton, I went last year and they have pretty much every pinball I can think of.  I want a Revenge from Mars for home (I know it's not particularly retro, but fucking good fun). If any of you want to thrash my PinballFX scores, add Kurt Russell on your sexybox.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • I love pinball. If you haven't seen it you should check out Special When Lit, a nice doc about pinball history and culture. Perhaps unsurprisingly, video game pinball is not very highly regarded compared to the real thing.

• pabloamigo wrote:
    Massively addicted to Bride of Pinbot and Tales of the Arabian Nights on Pinball Arcade (360 version - have it on iOS and Mac too). The UI stinks but the tables are gold - better than most of the Zen/FX tables imho. Wager this is probably by virtue of them being recreations of real tables. Can't see anyone else on my FL who's taken the plunge though :( - 800msp on 360 which gets you Arabian Nights, Theatre of Magic, Blackhole and Ripley's Believe it or Not.

I've been playing Bride of Pinbot on my Android, frame rate issues and delayed touch controls have been a major problem though. Downloading the 360 Pinball Arcade atm.

Hopefully this'll get me using my 360 again, as I've been neglecting it of late. FX2 is one of the casualties, got it about a month back, but haven't really spent any time on it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Scout wrote:
    I love pinball. If you haven't seen it you should check out Special When Lit, a nice doc about pinball history and culture. Perhaps unsurprisingly, video game pinball is not very highly regarded compared to the real thing.

I have seen Special When Lit and thought it was a bit of a wasted opportunity. There was plenty of (well, some) material about the competitive community but there was nowhere near enough about the history or construction for my desire.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Most boring documentary ever. No human interest story at all, just drivel. And I like pinball.
  • I've got Pinball Arcade on Vita and Android.  Pretty sexy on a Nexus 7 tab - no lag or issues.  Not a fan of it on the Vita tbh.

Got PinballFX on PS3 and Android - different beast being a true videogame pinball title rather than a recreation of a real table.  Not bad.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Ha. I remember enjoying Special When Lit. Each to their own and all that I guess.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    pinball fx is a much better game than arcade despite being less realistic.
  • Tempted to get FX on 3DS but can't really justify having the same game on 3 different platforms.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I have high hopes for Zen Pinball 2 on Vita, 26 tables at launch, apparently.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Have it on android, it's great on the 10.1 tab.
  • It's lovely on the ipad. I actually prefer it than on the Xbox where I could never quite find my favourite camera angle.
    Birdorf wrote:
    I have high hopes for Zen Pinball 2 on Vita, 26 tables at launch, apparently.
    26 tables? That's nuts.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I can't seem to get on with touch controls.

It'll be interesting to see how they package/price the tables.
  • Had a blast on the 360 versions of Bride of Pinbot, Medieval Madness, and Tales of the Arabian Nights from Pinball Arcade. So much better than on my Android. 

Had some great moments with Medieval Madness in particular, shooting trolls and catapulting a cat into a castle wall stand out.
  • Yah the 360 version is probably the best of the bunch.

edit: make sure you download the patch for the launch tables - think it's a manual dl from the marketplace.
  • I recently downloaded Kirby's Pinball on 3DS, I own it on GB already, it's good fun and certainly is additive.

Pales next to Dragon's Fury (Devil Crash) on Mega Drive though, one of my favourite games.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Enjoying the Shrunken Head narration on Ripley's. Pushed past 50m just now...mon!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

anyone ever bother with pinMAME? A panel lying face up could be pretty sweet.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I've got fond memories of playing Pinball Dreams on the Amiga, the Nightmare table was great (and an exact copy of the Terminator 2 machine I played IRL at a snotty child).
    Pinball Fantasies was also pretty cool.
    LIVE gamertag: Purpley Gromit
  • Played a bit of FX2 earlier, it is very good isn't it? I prefer playing the recreations of real tables in Pinball Arcade though.
‹ Previous123456711

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!