Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    He can contribute properly when he puts his mind to it.  Also that kid is a dick.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Jon Sno BLABLOW
  • That Moon poster is the first movie posted for years that I've seen that I'd want on my wall.
  • It hurts my retinas, like one of those optical illusions.
  • Who did those posters?
  • A chap called Olly Moss, methinks.

you should visit here for more alternative poster goodness.

http://www.mondoarchive.com/
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Elmlea wrote:
    That Moon poster is the first movie posted for years that I've seen that I'd want on my wall.

I have the original Moon and Alien posters in my room. They aren't frames yet but I'd happily get them both framed as I think they're very elegant.
  • A chap called Olly Moss, methinks. you should visit here for more alternative poster goodness. http://www.mondoarchive.com/

Ah right.  He does a poster for Empire each month.  His stuff is fantastic.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    awnBB.jpg

Handbrake, Elm? : P
    8zvsi.jpg?1

NBzM7.jpg

dY6Eo.png

gG2SH.gif

Erm...
    shyMO.gif

cLPu0.gif

xFMYX.gif

Because you never wanted it to end...
    UsCLL.gif

q5o5i.gif
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Good mark, that.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Doesn't he get fined for hitting him in the head with his knee?  Almost every game I saw in Australia had someone getting in trouble for it, even when it was the other guy lowering his head into an unsafe position.
  • No, in the marking contest, if you're eyes are on the ball and you don't use your hands, then you're golden. it's seems slightly backwards, but allows for awesome stuff like the above. Still, it is funny that you can, if you have the lift literally put your boot and/or knee into someone's back with no problem (as long as the attempt is deamed "realistic") yet a hand on the shoulder is an automatic free kick to the guy on the bottom.

The situations you're thinking of are in general play, and yeah, any contact with the head is big trouble. The rules were tightened a couple of years ago to try and protect players going for the ball, as massive head injuries aren't good news for any one, but the current interpretation has lead to a situation where players are just literally diving into everything head first. Someone's gonna end up in a wheelchair.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Agreed, it's a massive clusterfuck at present.

Walker just missed holding on to one that was about half as high again a few weeks back, was ridiculous.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Seems to me they need to just lean a bit more on the old "you ducked, no free" thinking. And also be a lot more leanient when it's the head forced into a stationary player's legs etc. At the moment it's like you could literally dive at someone's knees and get a free.

As with basketball, sometimes the best call is no call.
  • Also, where's the gifs of brown and reiwolt's marks from a few years back? The two back with the flight ones. They're freakin awesome.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)

• Well, not gifs...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    They are mental, both of them.  Funnily enough, Jimmy Bartel took a mark almost the equal of Reiwoldt's that same round (I think) but it received less coverage because Eddie McGuire was in the middle of retelling a Trevor Marmalade joke instead of calling the game. I'll see if I can find it.  We should get out to a game Face, so many good ones being played a present.
  • Tiny hippo'd have been a lot more effective without the break in prose flavour.
  • Facewon wrote:
    The situations you're thinking of are in general play, and yeah, any contact with the head is big trouble. The rules were tightened a couple of years ago to try and protect players going for the ball, as massive head injuries aren't good news for any one, but the current interpretation has lead to a situation where players are just literally diving into everything head first. Someone's gonna end up in a wheelchair.

Yeah I definitely noticed that.  Even as an outsider with no knowledge of the game I could see that players were sticking their heads into people on purpose.  A rule that needs looked at.

Another thing I noticed was how much the players spend touching each other.  Constantly pushing and rubbing against each other.  Not quite as pathetic as the feigning injury you get with football, but still laughable.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That's mainly done by defensive midfielders or taggers versus the opposition's gun playmaker.  It's actually a good tactic to maintain touch, especially for defenders, as if you lose where your man is for a second then he's out the back, into space and you're F.U.K.T fucked.  There's also a lot of blocking going on at contests to try to allow said guns a free run at the ball.  Not sure if you'd call it rubbing though, but then who knows exactly what goes on at the bottom of some of those packs.  Also unsure how that is comparable to the feigned injury thing; I'd say exaggerated staging for free kicks is more akin to that unsavoury business.

The head as battering ram tactic is shite, but there is a gradual change coming in it seems.  Certainly it's being called less in some games, but as ever consistency is AWOL.
  • mkpojiononhoju.jpg

fyt6fkfuu.jpg

gbyhfcdsxeserwsyx.jpg

Childrens' drawings made into toys:

g5raeshgtrsythr.jpg

htgdhydtj.jpg

ufif76i6f.jpg

gukggbukgbui.jpg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Liking the AFL talk, I occasionally put it on with no actual idea what the fuck is going on.

Forever known in the household as "Legalised Thuggary" as my dad calls it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    We'll teach yer the rools n'that.  I do like a bit of the roundball, but Aussie Rules at its best is the world's most exciting sport to watch (IMO etc.).  Amazing athletes pushing themselves to ridiculous limits in a show of skill, speed, agility, brute strength and unscripted drama, love it.  Yer da doesn't watch much rugby then I take it though; AFL is rather tame by comparison.  Some of the punch-ons one sees in the NRL would see lengthy suspensions for the participants in the AFL.  His view might be coloured by the infamous Battle of Britain exhibition match played o'er there in the 80s.  Carlton and North Melbourne beat the piss out of each other that day, much to the apparent delight of the locals.  It's a lot more sanitized these days.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Old image, but this chick can show you Aussies a thing or two about marking in a REAL sport. : P

hL0rl.gif

...Just had to post it. : D

And...

CnFAN.gif
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I'm torn between that being awesome and wishing it'd clocked the girl on the side of the head.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Imagine the situation... 

The ball pops of the bat, and the pitcher and the slugger shout out... The dude turns his head to recognise the threat and simultaneously raises his hand to the ball whilst still unaware of the nature of the threat called out (would have been faint too, and sound travels slower than light, etc)...

It's quite, quite mental.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!