Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Based on a rec from @beano in the TV thread there is some interest in radio apparently. So I'll nick his idea and make this thread.

Afraid the radio I like is no more.

I used to love Mark and Lard on Radio 1 in the afternoon. It was when I did some driving for a living and they kept me entertained for many a month. Especially loved Fat Harry White and Forgot About Dre segments, amazing that they got away with the Harry White stuff.
  • Mark and Lard on Radio 1 - Genius. Absolute genius.
  • Lots of love for Mark and Lard from me.

Did you ever hear their last show where they spliced bits of songs together so it sounded rude? It was brilliant. "Puff the magic Puff..."

Also just watching jools and saw Chris moyles. Despite being a bit of a tool, I did enjoy his radio shows, especially in the early days. My fave bit was a segment back in 2001 called book at tea time. They had Alan Ford reading an amusing version of red riding hood. It was ace.

These days I'm radio 5 and radio 2.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • The Huey Show on Radio 6. Coolest mother.

Other than that mostly listen to Rinse. N-Type, Shadow Child, Roska etc.
    What I like about Rinse is it is really casual with no playlist or corporate rubbish. An MC popped in on his way to the pub the other day and did 20 minutes on the mic. It hasnt lost its pirate station roots.

used to like Kissy Sellout's show, most enthusiastic guy ever.

Should give a mention to Scott Mills for flirt divert and the thing whwre he rang two takeaway places, rest was shit though.
  • I'll still pop on R3 now and then but really it's all about the poddos (from wherever) for talk radio these days.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oh actually Scott Mills innuendo bingo gets a big thumbs up, genius.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Who's alt was that?

And, I'll have to start the fred for the radio, 'I mean' then disappear leaving in wake a speculation about OP ownership engineering.

Did love some mark and lard.

Is there a viz thread? How many Northerners buying viz don't buy the eye?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Gilles Peterson for me on 6 music. Show is sublime. Impressed with a lot of the DJs on 6, all said. 

Partial to a bit of Richard Bacon as well, despite being an arrogant twat at times. He must have an excellent booker as the range of guests is great. He's had a guy from the Black Country on over the last year who has been talking about his terminal cancer 'journey' (his words). Been joyously upbeat and although he wasn't expected to see in Xmas, I believe he did.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Something cutting down on news equalled for me was a lot of radio take up, 6, 4, 5 and 2 are my main hoppers. Shame about Huey on #NMTB for sure.

I've never invested in a DAB radio though. I've either used the TV, PC or plugged in my phone or tablet to a shitty 3.1 system from the 90's- it's not always possible though I do have some ald radios, a waterproof one in the shower and a radio alarm clock in the bedroom. Now that I'll be binning the coaxial cable from the TV I deffo need to get a DAB for the living room. Experiences and recommendations for such would be grateful...
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Stuff I liked to listen to on the radio:

Radio 4's breakfast stuff and the 6:30 comedy stuff.
    Chris Moyles - some didn't like him but his show was really easy to listen to and occasionally hilarious, especially the Toby Lerone couple of weeks.
    Mark and Lard - The greatest radio show ever, sadly missed.
    George Lamb's radio show on 6 was great, and for me was the spiritual successor to Mark and Lard until the music snobs got tired of him being on indie cunt FM and he was removed.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Bob Harris often plays some good stuff on Radio 2.  He's only on a couple of nights a week now I think, but I listen on iplayer now and then.
  • Mark Radcliffe still does a show in the afternoon slot on Radio 6. The man he's teamed up with is no Lard but the show is still pretty funny.

Lard is knocking about somewhere on that station as well but I've never heard the programme.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Generally I will listen to Radio 2 or Radio 4.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @beano regarding DAB radio my Onkyo micro hifi is good, if dated. At the moment I'm considering a network hifi rather than DAB as I don't have a coaxial connection, if you've got decent broadband that could be an option.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Yeah I was thinking just now when out on a walk that I might be missing some features, such as network streaming if I buy a bogo DAB. Maybe something with both.

I think SONOs etc are well overpriced.

I linked an article about turning a wifi router into a media player / streamer here ages ago however I am disconnecting the home internet but still maintaining a home network.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I'm big on radio 4 Extra. For comedy, Hancock's Half Hour, Round The Horne and Take It From Here, still tickle my fancy after all these years. I've caught a few episodes of Ed Reardon's Week, good stuff, looking forward to it being repeated. Funniest thing I've heard is Bleak Expectations, also Old Harry's Game has its moments.

Some good Sci-fi stuff from 18:00 to 19:00 (repeated at 0:00) and the Crime and Thriller Hour between 20:00 and 21:00 has some decent serials.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Don't know what I was expecting from you lot but Mark and Lard were a nice surprise, I absolutely loved their Radio 1 show.

Moyles had a good run, but I preferred him in the evening slot as on the drive to work I just want some fucking music please.

TalkSport gets too much of my time as I hoon about in my works van, and I'm even drifting to Smooth while flicking through the stations as I can't bear any of the Radio 1 presenters. What an old bastard I'm becoming.
  • Birdorf wrote:
    Funniest thing I've heard is Bleak Expectations

10000000% Bleak Expectations is the best thing on radio full stop.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Is that something that can be listened to online (from episode one)? I don't use iplayer much, I can never work out what disappears after a week and what remains available. My dad has mentioned that show multiple times.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Iplayer radio doesn't let you download like the tv does. What a bag of wank!!

So I can't get neverwhere as it has ended.

Great BBC, I can download video but not audio.

Have to add that Nick Grimshaw is a complete cock. While I didn't always listen to Chris Moyles I absolutely can't stand the talentless twat that has replaced him.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I am up for killing Grimshaw if anyone want's in, inbox me!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    If Cosby wants a new charity next Christmas I'll tip £1k to pay an assassin to top the twat.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oh and the calling him Grimmy shit, they should just call him Grim
  • 6Music is literally all I listen to nowadays.
  • monkey wrote:
    Mark Radcliffe still does a show in the afternoon slot on Radio 6. The man he's teamed up with is no Lard but the show is still pretty funny.

Lard is knocking about somewhere on that station as well but I've never heard the programme.
    Marc Riley's show is superb. Introduced me to so much brilliant new music. Some of the live sessions he's had have been spectacular.
  • I'll chip in. As long as Moyles is next if there's any money left over. And then fucking Corden.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I don't mind Corden, but I think that maybe because I'm still seeing him as a jolly chappy in the Rizzle Kicks video. Never actually seen him in anything.
  • 7/4-Extra was my regular sleep soundtrack for years.
  • Podcast more then radio but it feels like a radio play.

http://serialpodcast.org

I just listened to the fist one and I'm hooked.
  • That show is the real deal.
  • Host is making a fairly decent go at being even handed so far. Have been tempted to type some of the players' names into Google to see if there have been any developments but don't want to spoil a great listen.

Scroobius Pip's pod is worth a listen to as well.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!