Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    This is the sort of zombie survival game I want to play.

Eurogamer review.

"This is how you died."

This cheery caption appears not on the Game Over screen of Project Zomboid but right at the start, before you've even started playing. Straight away, it's setting your expectations to a more realistic level. In short: this is not a game you're going to win.

As the lone survivor of a zombie outbreak in the state of Kentucky, now locked down and quarantined, your goal is survival. Actual, proper survival, not the bastardised version we've been taught to expect from other games. It's not a test of strength or even cunning, but a test of your sheer bloody-mindedness. How can long can you persist in a truly hopeless situation, before you make a catastrophic mistake and end up torn to shreds?

Viewed from a classic isometric point of view, first impressions of the game are, somewhat bizarrely, reminiscent of The Sims. Despite your godlike perspective, your view of the map is limited to what your characters sees. Enter a building and the outside world disappears, except for whatever slices are visible through the windows. More dangerously, turn your back on zombies and they fade from view.

So, you're in a little house, and right clicking on the appliances and furnishings brings up all manner of domestic options. Turn on the cooker. Read a book. Close the curtains. That last one is pretty important, since outside is a world filled with the undead, and they're pretty astute considering there's no oxygen flow to the brain. They'll see you through windows, be drawn to light and sound, and will throw themselves against windows and doors until they get inside, once they know you're in there.

80_zps988f08fd.jpg

Available now on Steam for £9.99
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sounds good, but I was reading up on it the other day and it had a bit of a nightmare development. Something about a laptop containing all the code being stolen and then leaked online. Still fancy it as I'm a mug for zombies, but I'll wait for the inevitable Steam sale/Humble Bundle.
  • No more zombies.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    More zombies please, at least until they're done right.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Hmm. It turns out I've already played it too. My memory is shite.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!