Bored
‹ Previous123
  • I'm bored of gaming. No games are floating my boat, I haven't posted on here nearly all year and the best thing I've played in 2014 was R-Type II. I got more excited about our B&B Secret Santa than I have about any game for past however many months. What do I do? Was thinking of getting The Last of Us or perhaps the Far Cry 1 reboot, but feeling generally 'meh' has prevented me from doing so. Might fire up my 3DS for first time in ages and ask Mario to get my juices flowing. Ennui is setting in and I see no salvation.

That is all.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Demon's Souls.
    Dark Souls.
    Dark Souls 2.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Good for mental health to be bored every so often.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Titanfall has lit a fire under my enthusiasm.
  • My gaming soul has darkened so maybe Dark Souls is the medicine for me.
  • I am so meh about Titanfall or anything next (current?) gen right now. We are at a point of refinement rather than any great, innovative leaps forward. Although I'm not saying I'm looking for anything new, just something that wakes me up. Day Z actually springs to mind as something that might do it.
  • I'm in a similar position, tbh.

Super Mario 3D World was fantastic though, that gave me a brief buzz.

Nothing in the new consoles interests me, tbh, apart from the fact they're shiny.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright has me all kinds of wet right now.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    PL vs PW, does not compute and isn't a real game.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I just spammed everyone on live but if anyone has 48hr code for live, pm please. wanna play dsII properly with invaders n shit

Edit nvm: frantic pea sorted me out. Thanks!
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The RetroN 5 is about to launch. I hear the RetroN 6 might support N64 carts; more at E3.
  • I was. Until I got into the PC indie scene. Some excellent stuff. For peanuts too.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Prowl Kickstarter, maybe? Tons of classics deserve our love again, but they haven't been given the chance for three generations.

Many of the best PS1 games were sequels of games that debuted on that system. Many of the best PS2 games, meanwhile, were original to their host. PS2 sequels of PS1 games were largely disappointing. That's how I feel.

Some of the peeps from Studio Liverpool are now working with ex-Evolution staff at a new, shite-for-tablets indie. From WipEout to Fruit Manager Saga.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Definitely try the last of us and any souls.game.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Perhaps ya'll need a creative outlet to rejuvenate your appreciation of this once loved passtime? Creative and intelligent folks such as ourselves (gufahfahaha) need at least a 50/50 creative input/output ratio to enable them to actually appreciate their own capacity to enjoy good things- if we constantly bombard ourselves with other peoples's imaginations, we let our own creative capacity get real lazy and folks like us value that, right? Reminds me of agreat little story by Hesse called 'Augustus'. A mother wishes that her little boy gets everything he wants and wishes for (friends, food, good looks, giant robot titans, super fire/neon powers, twinkling tatinite, etc) and he ends up wanting nothing and becoming a thoroughly nasty shit but he figures it out in the end.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Spock wrote:
    other people's imaginations

Suffered, yes. The more detailed these things become, the gnarlier the Emperor's scrote. Some of the prettiest mountains and rivers I ever did see.
  • Escape wrote:
    The RetroN 5 is about to launch. I hear the RetroN 6 might support N64 carts; more at E3.
    I hope they hire someone to make it not look fucking shit.
    Great tech but all the RetroN systems look god awful.
  • @stellavista: Last of Us. 

'Nuff said. Do it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message

Cover the cart slots with a sliding door? Maybe a spring-loaded cover for each slot?
  • First half life and now Last of Us.
    Stop loving games I hate Elf ;)

Good job I like Zelda.
  • Escape wrote:
    Cover the cart slots with a sliding door?
    That would be a start, Ditching the cheap glossy plastic would help too.
    They also need to accept the fact the thing's form will always be limited as it  has to have so many ports.
    Make it a simple, rectangular box made of a nice material. A Macbook Pro style aluminium, laser cut block would look great.
  • Vita + Gravity Rush + Persona 4G rekindled the fading embers of my gamespark. Actually, now that I think about it, Persona 3 FES might have been an earlier catalyst. 

I'd recommend trying Papers Please, and echo the Souls series & The Last of Us shouts.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'm not sure playing something new is always the answer. What's your favourite game of all time? Play that. It'll remind you of what you love about games.
    Get schwifty.
  • I am so meh about Titanfall or anything next (current?) gen right now. We are at a point of refinement rather than any great, innovative leaps forward. Although I'm not saying I'm looking for anything new, just something that wakes me up. Day Z actually springs to mind as something that might do it.

Have you played Titanfall??
  • beano wrote:
    PL vs PW, does not compute and isn't a real game.

Heathen
  • Elmlea wrote:
    I am so meh about Titanfall or anything next (current?) gen right now. We are at a point of refinement rather than any great, innovative leaps forward. Although I'm not saying I'm looking for anything new, just something that wakes me up. Day Z actually springs to mind as something that might do it.

Have you played Titanfall??

Does it matter if he has or hasn't?
    He might have First Person Shooter fatigue, or maybe like me he doesn't like FPS' full stop
  • Mario Galaxy. Or Katamari on ps2.

Both games bring a smile to my face like no other.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I'm bored of gaming.

Fair enough.
  • I haven't played Titanfall. My previous 'meh' comment wasn't a judgement on the game, but more the fact that the concept hasn't grabbed me. The Last of Us storyline sounds interesting but again it didn't grab me so I've been indifferent to buying it.
  • Spock wrote:
    Perhaps ya'll need a creative outlet to rejuvenate your appreciation of this once loved passtime

Whilst I'm making no claims to be an especially creative person, this is what has happened. I now spend all my time noodling around making music on my iPad. Whilst I enjoy this, and it is probably driven by improving quality of iOS music apps, it's a different pleasure to gaming. The gaming thrill is one I miss.

I did try playing games I've played before, Zelda OoT, Far Cry 2, SSX and HL2, it didn't hit the spot. Going back doesn't work for me with games.

Based on advice above I'm going to try Dark Souls or Last of Us. Failing that it's back to iPad shumups.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!