Mass Effect Universe (Spoilers)
  • DID IT MATTER?

You took control of the reapers. The only way them saying you am virual unlimited damyeah is better is if you absolutely couldnt live with the idea that Shepherd had ceased to exist and gave up his life entirely so that his energy could be used to control the repears (somehow).
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Why did people work on the basis all the endings would be "good" ones? I was on my guard all throughout that bit. As far as I was concerned, if I went down the control route then Shep could be driven mad and start destroying fucking everything. Organic, Synthetic, Reapers, whatever the fuck.
  • Which is what happened to Saren. 

So given that originally in the final section of the game you had the impression somethign fishy was going on, do you not feel that the fact that Bioware have now made it clear that 'all this stuff actually happens exactly as it is described, there is nothing else going on' to be somewhat farcical?

They replaced something that gave people pause for thought and had them questionning the motives of the starchild and the content of the entire previous scene with a blanket statement of 'Nope, you space am Jesus, everyone lives happy ever after' in the Control scenario.

It appears to be the story writing equivalent of a full frontal lobotomy.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • It's the reverse blade runner.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    You need to load the Legacy save that was created after you finished the game.
    I was able to go from the 'restart mission' save right before the beam, and see the new stuff.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    The new endings do feel toothless compared to the old ones. "No the Relays aren't really destroyed, no the Normandy isn't really stranded, Reapers are actually really nice dudes, everything's peachy-fine." I liked the open endedness of the old versions.
    Gonzo wrote:
    The basic flaw is that thematically, control and synthesis are abhorrent,
    Why's control abhorrent?
  • I'll answer for him.
    Gonzo wrote:
    Why's control abhorrent?
    Read the fucking thread.

I still haven't seen the endings, but I'm not liking what I'm reading. I really liked the indoctrination theory. Completely ruling it out is a kick in the balls.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • Being able to talk to the Starchild and get more of an explanation about everything is better though.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I just watched the low EMS Destroy and Control endings.
    Spoiler:
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Being able to talk to the Starchild and get more of an explanation about everything is better though.

Apart from when he tells you he was controlling the illusive man.

• Roujin wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Being able to talk to the Starchild and get more of an explanation about everything is better though.

Apart from when he tells you he was controlling the illusive man.

But Shep figured that out anyway.
  • So the Starchild really is a vision in Sheps mind created by the reapers?
  • That doesn't make sense as why would they let him destroy them/control them?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
  • MattyJ wrote:
    That doesn't make sense as why would they let him destroy them/control them?
    It's all a dream! 

With voiceovers and exposition.
  • Why would they want to merge?
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    Why's control abhorrent?
    Just a few minutes earlier you're getting TIM to shoot his brains out over the entire issue. Not enough work went into establishing its credibility- indeed, quite the opposite. My shep always tends to be a paragon, but even a renegade shep seems to argue heart and soul against TIM's delusion.
    Well at that point there's no reason to think TIM is right, there is no evidence he can control them. That plus the fact he's been messing with dangerous Reaper tech and seems to have been constantly fighting the good guys leads Shep to think TIM's indoctrinated and therefore wrong.
  • But Shep is given the option because he's proved he's worthy. TIM hasn't done that.
  • Proved his worth to who? The starchild ai was not even functional until the crucible was operational. That only leaves the Reapers, why would they be testing shep to see if he is worthy to control them?
  • Why has shep changed his mind about control in the space of 5 minutes having made 2 people commit suicide over being on the wrong side of the issue before?
  • BECAUSE THEY COPPED OUT ON THE INDOC THEORY AS A DECENT EXPLANATION OF EVENTS AND ARE NOW LEFT WITH THE NONSENSICAL END SEQUENCE THEY APPARENTLY INTENTIONALLY WANTED.

THE STUPID CUNTS.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Why has shep changed his mind about control in the space of 5 minutes having made 2 people commit suicide over being on the wrong side of the issue before?
    2 people?

Shep didn't believe it was wrong to try and control the Reapers, she just didn't have any reason to believe it was possible.
  • monkey wrote:
    Why has shep changed his mind about control in the space of 5 minutes having made 2 people commit suicide over being on the wrong side of the issue before?
    2 people? Shep didn't believe it was wrong to try and control the Reapers, she just didn't have any reason to believe it was possible.
    Saren from the first game. TIM from 3.
  • Watched the new synthesis ending as thats what I chose before. Its alright i guess. Tbh it all seems so long ago now I struggle to really give a shit
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Well at that point there's no reason to think TIM is right, there is no evidence he can control them.

The Reaper attack on Sanctuary always seemed too logical to me. It seemed like the Reapers were cutting a problem in the bud in that their indoctrinated minion was actually getting dangerously close to unlocking a secret.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Want to replay all three games in a row at some point, not going for 100% Paragon or Renegade or anything like that, just choosing which ever option I feel like at the time. Probably go FemShep 'cause I think her voiceover is better. Just holding off for now in case they release any good story DLC.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    do you not feel that the fact that Bioware have now made it clear that 'all this stuff actually happens exactly as it is described, there is nothing else going on' to be somewhat farcical?
    What's changed exactly? Weren't the old endings just supposed to be going on in Shep's head, can't the new endings just be the same?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The being in his head malarkey doesn't work if they give each of the endings a post-mortem narrative. Especially when it's narrated by someone other than Shep.
  • I never thought it was ever just in his head.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    The being in his head malarkey doesn't work if they give each of the endings a post-mortem narrative. Especially when it's narrated by someone other than Shep.
    Well Shep's already imagined the Normandy crashing lightyears away, and then some old dude in the distant future telling legends about her. The still frame clips are clearly just a result of her shoddy imagination.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!