Mass Effect Universe (Spoilers)
  • Only thing that seems overly busy are the maps. Never thought I’d say I prefer the map in ME but it’s so overly complicated. However I’ve only done the first couple of missions so it’s probably just adjusting. But the map for Afterlife in Omega was just such a mess.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    ME2 really pissed me off yesterday. There’s a little sub quest you can get by scanning a planet that has you fixing a battle mech thingy so it can shoot it way through the level to some resources. You have to power the thing up with several power cells you find dotted around the map, each of which only last a limited amount of time. The mech blasts through the first barrier just fine, but while it continues moving in the direction it’s supposed to, it also turns around and starts shooting at seemingly nothing, which means it’s now walking backwards, which means it’s not moving fast enough to make the needed progress before it conks out and needs another power cell. Ultimately it means that the mech cannot reach the second barrier before I’ve run out of cells. So the quest is fucked, and I tried three more times and the mech behaved in the exact same fashion. In the end I had to load a manual save from about an hour before just to get on with the game again.

Anyway, the team is almost completely assembled now and I’ve already polished off one loyalty mission. Apart from that one quest, I’m having a great time with the game.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The Shadow Broker is down.  Man, that is some good dlc.
    Get schwifty.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I must get back on this. Still at the beginning about to head into Afterlife.
  • First crash to desktop
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Too much planet scanning Bob?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I had just scanned a few planets is that a known bug?
  • Just be careful where you fire off your probes that's all I'm saying.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Probing deep space, eh?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • lol - anyway finished the mission and I’ve got a full crew
  • You unlock the ham wraps for the final mission packed lunch?
  • Can someone give me a little tutorial on using the 'powers' for me and my team.. i'm not sure what they do or when or how to deploy them
  • Overload (?) strips enemies of their shields (blue bar) so typically use that first. ME2 introduced the armour health for enemies, usually robotic (orange bar) but I forget which power is used to negate that - try armour piercing ammo? Sometimes you may have to strip enemies first of their respective bars before you can start warping them / throwing them around with your psi-powers. Once they're negated, everythings fair game for a good old force push....

Didn't ME2 also introduce 'combo triggers' whereby if you and your team mate combine certain powers on one enemy they will hurt 'em more?
  • Fuck me just had a bug where my party where stuck on the tram after a cut scene. Apparently an hour since last manual save.. FML
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    *goosebumps*

Just completed the suicide mission.  Confession: I’ve never completed ME2 without losing a squad member.  I remember losing Jack last time I played, just before Andromeda came out.  This time...this fucking time, I got us all out in one piece!  For someone who’s terrible at shooty games this feels like an accomplishment.

Also, I did absolutely everything.  All team members were loyal, all assignments and dlc completed, I even depleted every single planet of resources (so just like humanity irl when magical sci-fi future becomes a reality).

What a fucking ride.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Not hanging around.  Straight into ME3.  Clint Mansell’s contribution to the score, whatever they paid him, it was worth it.
    Get schwifty.
  • There was a suicide mission at the end of ME2? I thought that only came with the end of ME3 (which I never saw the end of)
  • There was a suicide mission at the end of ME2, it was called that but absolutely no one fucking died. It was cheesy af. At the end of ME3, grim, and Shepard arguably dies or is indoctrinated. That was nothing though. That was a nothing mission. #gamerlogic
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Gonz makin’ me feel bad.
    Get schwifty.
  • me2 is bad, not you.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    ME2 is good.  It’s not where I wanted the series to go, but it goes for action sci-fi and does it well.
    Get schwifty.
  • The action is better in me3. The gunplay, the combos, tech and biotic. Cerberus X
  • Just banged Kaidan and it felt wrong.
    I'm gonna have to rebound with a freak in ME2.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Kaidan was too boring to bang.
  • Polished off ME1 last night.
    I'm going to he honest here it was becoming a bit of a slog.

Partially my fault because I did the three story planets quite quickly and was left with a bulk load of Mako.
    I found the Mako more annoying this time than when I played before. Some of that is just my tolerance for bullshit but I also found it frustratingly buggy. Quite a few times I hopped out the Mako only to find the context button no longer worked which involved a load of the last save. At best this meant driving to the same point of interest again.
    Last night I decided to just not bother with anything but mission points with the Mako. Some of the anomaly are placed in just ludicrous places.

I'm also sick to death of the face button pressing mini game to unlock containers to get stuff I dont need.

Going in I thought a face-lift would be enough but after finishing it I actually think it would benefit from a full redo just retaining the dialogue.

The dialogue is still great. The lore is deep and interesting. The main plot is great. Its fun foreshadowing of some of the stuff to come later. I'm excited to start ME2.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Gonz makin’ me feel bad.

You can loose a bunch of people, but doing all the loyalty missions etc is key to making them survive. Also choosing the right person for the various bits IIRC...like a soldier type for leading the other team? It's been a while!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • IE no one ever dies
  • That’s 2 finished. What a game. What an F’ing game. Straight on to 3…well…when it’s finished installing.
  • Just started ME2 and it looks fantastic.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!