Thread of the Dead
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    Final paragraph holds the key.
    Married 3 times? Why?
    This was final paragraph before the edit:
    [font=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif] [/font]
    At the time of his death, he was rumoured to be working with Tom Cruise on a sequel to Top Gun.
    [font=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif] [/font]
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Oh I see. TOMC DID IT IS THAT THE JOKE
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Damn shame! Will be missed.
  • My internet has been down all day and this is the news it comes back to. Genuinley shocked by this, Tony Scott was a legend.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    No True Romance here. 

RIP.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Oh I see. TOMC DID IT IS THAT THE JOKE
    YES IT IS BECAUSE TOM IS CRAZY AND IN A CRAZY CULT WHERE HE IS THE MOST CRAZY HEAD CRAZY
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Those last two paragraphs weren't there before.  Anyway, I meant the working with Tom Cruise one.

Ah, you've all noticed, good.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Inoperable brain cancer did it.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Another lost to cancer.

Colin Fawcett, Original Psgynosis and Studio Liverpool veteran.

A00DBH9CMAATe_H.jpg
  • Nina Bawden - Having survived the Potter's Bar crash in 2002 (in which her husband was killed and she seriously injured), she died today at home, aged 87.  She was a pretty major part of my childhood.
  • Tony Nicklinson.  You'll be thinking, "who?" until you click the link.
  • Was just coming in to post that. Sad, hopefully some laws will get changed sooner rather than later.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I hope they don't delve too deeply into the cause of death, just in case someone did help him along.
  • It's already been announced that there will be no investigation - though even in other cases when suicide was most definitely assisted, the perpetrators haven't always been pursued particularly vigorously on the whole.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    He starved himself didn't he?
  • For the "Love" of Tony Nicklinson

(Scare quotes are mine.)
    Tony certainly isn’t a human rights hero or a positive role model for the severely disabled either. Tony is selfish: he is concerned for no one other than himself. Tony is cowardly: he lacks the courage to live with dignity. Tony is dishonourable: he seeks murder and despises his own life. Make no mistake: however much Tony is being manipulated by the media, the pro-euthanasia lobby and even his own family, Tony is guilty of pursuing the legalisation of murder, which, if he ever achieves his aim, would inevitably lead to the murder by doctors of hundreds of vulnerable disabled, incapacitated or elderly patients in an NHS holocaust of involuntary euthanasia.

Some conservative fuck's take on things.

Eric mcdonald responds:
    Eric M wrote:
    corvath wrote:
    I love Tony Nicklinson and I recognise just how precious his life is, whereas my opponents have nothing but contempt for his life. I must disagree with those who say, “Tony Nicklinson’s life isn’t worth living… put him down like a dog.” To feel sorry for Tony is normal and understandable, but to want to kill him is inexcusable. To want to end this disabled man’s life rather than care for him is to hold his life in utter contempt.

As usual, Carvath, like all those who so self-righteously speak about the value of the lives of those who want to bring their suffering to an end, expresses things to suit himself, and not to reflect what such people are really saying. No one was saying that Tony Nicklinson’s life was not worth living. Tony was saying that. And he wasn’t whining and whingeing about it either. He was willing to stand up for his right to say it. Nor was he asking to be put down like a dog. He was asking for help to die like a human being, at his choice, and at a time of his choosing. Instead of valuing Tony’s life, which included the person that Tony was, with his values, hopes, fears, plans and purposes, Carvath thinks that valuing just the living body is sufficient. That’s all he has to value in order to value Tony’s life. But Tony was a person, not just a body, and if you will not value Tony’s values, for Tony, not for anyone else; if you won’t value his decisions, arrived at after careful and serious thought; if you will not accept that, for Tony, not for anyone else, his life had reached the point where he no longer felt that living a life locked into his body was consistent with what he thought of as a worthwhile life; then you have neither loved nor valued him at all.

Anyhoo, sorry for the long quotage. Subject I find both important and probably under discussed, in general, and certainly the majority of the talking is coming from what is, IMO, the wrong direction.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Top two passages are disturbingly short sighted.  The second one is arguably worse.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Jerry Nelson, The voice of The Count, from Sesame Street.. Sad day.
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Neil Armstrong. NEIL FUCKING ARMSTRONG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Genuinely upsetting. When I was a kid I thought he was amazing, and a big part of my fascination with space , Sci Fi etc :(
  • Came here to post that. Man was a legend. :-(
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Didn't he get the test pilot's position because some else pulled out?

He's certainly a man who (edit: will) love the peace in death. True idol.
  • Neil Armstrong, such sad news indeed. :(
  • Very sad news indeed. Man was a genuine hero.

sad day

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Got pointed at this statement which drawn up by US administration speech writer in the 'EVENT OF A MOON DISASTER".

moon-disaster-1.jpg
    I am bang in to the closing paragraph, despite the 'spiritual' tone of the preceding prose it really delivers a freethinking punch IMO.
  • Bye bye to Max Bygraves.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Bane of my youth that one.
  • That lunar speech is quite compelling. Made me think actually how successful the lunar missions were death toll wise, when compared to other exploration missions over time.
  • Yeah, funny that...

Conspiracy!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!