Monster Hunter
  • In theory, I agree with your comments. There is a little more to do than some of the previous ones.

However, I found it frustrating because it was often hard to get on to the platforms, and those platforms only existed for 10 seconds before being destroyed. So if I managed to get up there quickly and not immediately being attacked, I might get some shots off.

It was designed for multiplayer (like the other gimmick boss) as it wouldn't be able to destroy all the platforms in one go.

The saving grace is that it's actually ok to melee so you can ignore the weapons until there are real openenings - later on when it stops moving so much. Nothing worse than a tedious boss that require the weapons to be used otherwise you time out.

So an improvement on those, but I still hated it and will never do it again (out of choice).
  • I got knocked around a bit, but I didn't mind it. It would be boring if you could get on every platform easily. Reacting to a move and wirebugging up to the right platform to melee it, or get off a gatling gun burst in its face was a cool risk/reward IMO. Also loved its big lightning attacks, the rings were a nice touch after Ustushi essentially being a bit boring.
  • 171680743_10226095757799534_7223601761614077734_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=dMJjposkohEAX_H0rDU&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=4fa80fe11697cea962d7dd0e68b5ddb7&oe=609602F1

My stuff turned up from Amazon
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Finally got back on and continued my agonisingly slow progress aka one monster this morning.
    That's Volvidon down, and he was the first where I thought he was a bit of a pest, partly due to moveset, but also due to the fact my Anksonom Dual Blades have a fire buff and so does he.

One thing I discovered today was when you use the ZL+X wire bug attack, which sticks a dagger in the monster, you can amplify the damage when it comes out by hitting that spot deliberately while it is in.
    If you get a blue coloured number when you're hitting him while with a dagger in him, you're in the sweet zone.

Means an attack that can normally do 30 damage can be buffed up to (in my experuence) 70+
  • I forgot I can just jump into people's SOS games, so I did a bit of that this weekend. Very chill hunting indeed, even at MR.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, I loved doing that in World. Its often way lower than your world level and you feel like a superhero at the end.

Apparently high rank people get mad rewards for helping scrubs like me in Rise.
  • Yeah, if I’m not playing with badgers I’ll almost exclusively jump into the hunts that randos put up. Good fun, like to make myself useful, very chill.
  • I haven't done MP Yet but I'm loving this game so damn much.
    Mostly mained the Bow but this morning I crafted a Hunting Horn and tried it out for the first time.

ITS BRILLIANT!!!

Looks like old wooks has found a new main
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Whoa. I just hit the 5* urgent quest and it's
    Spoiler:
  • Just done that one, well I did it twice so I could make the weapons.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I've done it the once, building up the courage to go back as he's genuinely frightening
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    We that's all them down and
    Spoiler:
  • not into the rampage mode at all
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly wrote:
    We that's all them down and
    Spoiler:

Village or Hub?

In case you don't already know, there are a few more monsters in Hub HR.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, haven't got near Hub yet but was aware of that. Still 200 hours or so to go.
  • Itching to play more but my wife has hogged the switch all day to play Breath of The Wild.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Finished hub this morning.

On my Monday afternoon sessions (after 8pm for you UK people) I'll be slowly doing HR hunts with a buddy, so anyone that's not going through the game as fast, feel free to join the lobby. Password is 3141.
    We've only done 1 HR session together, and LR is still mostly unticked, so we're taking our time working through that.

I think this game has a license quest that gets you to HR if you've made good progress in the village, so that at least HR quests can be joined.
  • I did the licence quests to get to HR. A really good idea there.

Now the Switch has gone, I've returned to World to farm Narga. Always makes me feel like a dodging god.
  • More good hunts with Nina this morning - managed to get a couple of cheeky nargas done with tail cuts. Got to use doggo lbg too, which was fun. Surprisingly good for a gimmick gun.
  • I'm now utterly in love with the Hunting Horn.
    It's brilliant fun! I'm a twirling dancing whirlwind of death!
  • Yeah, gonna be super interesting to see how Horn does in Rise. Traditionally one of the least used weapons, but it has a super hardcore following.

Rise horn seems super accessible, and I’ve seen quite a few people pick it up. Also seen complaints that what made it interesting to use originally has been sanded away in that quest for accessibility. Gotta be the hardest weapon to balance, for sure.
  • It's the first time I've played with one properly and it's so much fun. It appears to have been simplified and streamlined somewhat, I remember trying it out in Generations and World and it was quite complicated which put me off.

• Yeah, I know a lot of people bounced off it in the past. And that’s a shame because it’s an incredible weapon. Have fun with it Wooks.
  • Being a support tank in MHW is still very satisfying. It's not the actual sainthood of the HH, but it's very funny to just absorb all the aggro while others stab a mon in the arse.
  • Also amused that I always get the slinger shots award by a wild margin because all shell hits I make on a WSB tag seem to count as slung pellets according to the damage engine. Going for triple figures at this point.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    What are you doing outside of Destiny, get back there you scallywag!
  • It's pretty quiet in D2 at the mo so I'm finding I can manage a bit of both daily.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Aye tis. Banner tonight though, and a busy season coming up. Transmorg I think?
  • I've hit pinnacle cap so there's no reason to put myself through any PvP again this season, thank fuck. Long as the matchmaking's bad as it is, I'm not dignifying the exercise.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I'm just chipping away at Unbroken, pretty much it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!