curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Had a good 6-ish hours on this today, with a fair bit of multiplayer too.

GamePad is proving great, with its mic/speaker combo working a treat for voice coms.

The series still has that odd synch thing where friends appear to be battling invisible beasts etc though...
  • Well I've ordered from The Hut , in no rush as won't be able to put much time into it until they patch it so you can play on the Gamepad  ( most spare time will used to play Gears and Bioshock when the Mrs is in bed  ) 

When is the patch coming out , i think I've read April - any date mentioned ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I'm quite enjoying this, but it's an absolute arse to play on the gamepad - what's the best thing to use? The CC Pro?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah CC is great for it. The. Use the gamepad as a tablet like dealie
  • I didn't like the game pad until I found the option to set ZL/ZR to function as L/R

in some strange way I think I still prefer the 3ds version overall, especially trading/farming/fishing menus

I don't mind the resources mechanic in Tri as it means when I want to play without stress or devoting full attention I can play in the woods, which is especially handy now it's on 3ds, I don't fancy attempting a 50minute epic Rathalos fight whilst having a poo, gathering and great jaggis on the other hand are ideal.

Finally had a look at the marina quests (albeit solo offline just for now) and was surprised at what the HR 1 quests are, I feel sorry for newbies that may have picked it up and tried online in just starting gear. My latest weapon takes out great jaggi in about a minute and a half, but im still not looking forward to going up against Barroth
  • Not that it particularly matters but does MH WiiU run 1080p or not? I can't see anything solid on the webz.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Good few hours on this while on train. Now to sync it up with WiiU!
  • So, if I bought this on 3DS I could later sync with WiiU a few months later, if I get one?

*is crumbling
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Ha ha, the addiction keeps knocking doesn't it?

And yes, you can transfer your saves.

Does this mean you are planning on getting a WiiU at some point?
  • I appear to have racked up 12 hours on MH3U since Friday night. Just cranked out a full set of Arzuros armour and took the game online for the first time. One of the players I was with was rocking a full set of Yukumo armour from Portable 3rd. Amazing. Chose a female character as some of the armour looks really good. Shortly, I'll be focusing on a set of Rhenoplos armour for the rampaging truck that is Barroth. The female armour's helm is pink and looks like a teddy bear :)
  • First ever time with an MH game and have to say it's quite daunting but a few hours in it's all starting to click into place - crazy depth to it.
    Couldn't get the CPP XL (game didn't stock it, you had to pre order = wtf) but even without it it's playable.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I appear to have racked up 12 hours on MH3U since Friday night. Just cranked out a full set of Arzuros armour and took the game online for the first time. One of the players I was with was rocking a full set of Yukumo armour from Portable 3rd. Amazing. Chose a female character as some of the armour looks really good. Shortly, I'll be focusing on a set of Rhenoplos armour for the rampaging truck that is Barroth. The female armour's helm is pink and looks like a teddy bear :)

That Yukumo set is available from the vendor at the Port (online or offline). Awful stats, but it looks great.

Clocked 12 hours already. This game is worse than crack!

Did a few online quests this afternoon, then the lobby kept disconnecting, so called it a day. This is definitely one of those games that plagues your thoughts while you're not playing it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyone fancy popping in and joining me on some basic quests tomorrow?
  • I may have a problem.....

....this game IS like crack & I may have ordered Bioshock a tad early.  I really can't see me firing it up to soon.  I may have also qaushed my desire for a Vita & Soul Sacrifice.  Tad ashamed that it took me 3 attempts to get the MH love/addiction.  I really can't see myself playing anything else in my free time for a fair while.

Done a fair few online hunts on bigger fish that were out of my league but passed & got their goodies & defiantly up for some forum action as I would like to capture more than hunt & that seems a little easier with regs rather than randoms.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've say on my 3DS all day. Urgh.
  • After 10 hours without it the CPPXL came today, think I might carry on without - getting used to not having a second stick and it does make the machine fecking bulky.
    Agree with cindermon - the game is absolute crack.

• Being stuck in work thinking about when I am going to get some great Wroggi hide & some Gobul whiskers is a little alarming.
  • cindemon wrote:
    Being stuck in work thinking about when I am going to get some great Wroggi hide & some Gobul whiskers is a little alarming.
    Yeah, strange how certain games can grip you that way - Champ Manager and Starcraft also had that affect on me.

• Ha ha.  Welcome to the all-consuming MH.

You may have thought I was odd when I posted I'd got to over 1,000 hrs across 3 MH games.

Before long you'll all be calling me an amateur ;-)
  • I love how you can do some quests on the train, gathering and grinding smaller monsters, all to ready myself when i get home and take on the big monster that kicked my arse the previous night.

Kinda want a wii u for online on this... But thatd be entering crazy-ville. Have the ccpxl coming tomorrow hopefully, have had two bouts of severe hand cramp and ive heard its great for the longer battles.

Does the game finish for solo when ive done the 5* quests, or is there something hidden ive yet to see?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Couldn't get the CPP XL (game didn't stock it, you had to pre order = wtf) but even without it it's playable.

So after all that moaning in the 3DS thread you still tried to buy one? Glad you're enjoying MH3U, though. It's sold out here in Kiwiland so I'm going to have to wait for the next batch to arrive.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I think I farmed 12 Ghobuls in a row so I could make his sweet armour on Tri. Had capturing him down to a fine art. That was a long time ago. I'm sure I'll die trying to break his wee lantern when the time comes. I have BioShock Infinite and Luigi's Mansion 2 to play for review - I've hardly touched them because of this.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    So after all that moaning in the 3DS thread you still tried to buy one? Glad you're enjoying MH3U, though. It's sold out here in Kiwiland so I'm going to have to wait for the next batch to arrive.
    I did buy one but now I wish I didn't :)

• Re Claw V. CPP 
    Is the claw easier or more difficult on the 3ds v PSP with the camera / move control switched (relative) postions?

• Re Claw V. CPP  Is the claw easier or more difficult on the 3ds v PSP with the camera / move control switched (relative) postions?

It's, kinda impossible isn't it? I mean, the PSP claw was uncomfortable (I could never get the hang of it so I just stopped playing).

The 3DS one is...uhhh
  • I think I farmed 12 Ghobuls in a row so I could make his sweet armour on Tri. Had capturing him down to a fine art. That was a long time ago. I'm sure I'll die trying to break his wee lantern when the time comes. I have BioShock Infinite and Luigi's Mansion 2 to play for review - I've hardly touched them because of this.

Tut tut tut !
  • How does the full game look ? Just tried the demo and it looks dog shit and really really barren - is that the case ?

Ive jumped on the hype train but now having tried the demo , I'm concerned - I know it's not all about the graphics but it does help !
  • You will get past the graphics issue pretty quick.  Even more so when that screen has 3 other hunters & a great big beastie filling up that space.

This game is feckin A!  Love it, fecking got some depth kit/weapon wise, but love it even if my new hard earned kit is dog shit against fire.
    Longsword sweep was brilliant for the lantern because of its wide range and you could use it to move back up out of range.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    I think I farmed 12 Ghobuls in a row so I could make his sweet armour on Tri. Had capturing him down to a fine art. That was a long time ago. I'm sure I'll die trying to break his wee lantern when the time comes. I have BioShock Infinite and Luigi's Mansion 2 to play for review - I've hardly touched them because of this.
    Longsword sweep was brilliant for the lantern because of its wide range and you could use it to move back up out of range.
    Or the upswing with the Switch Axe, jus tbe sure not to do it online ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!