Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Minimum:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 (64-bit), Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.0GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+, 3.2GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, 512 MB / ATI Radeon HD 5670, 512 MB, Hard Drive: 4 GB, Does not support Intel Integrated Graphics Card
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Edit.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Running smoothly at 4k so far. It doesn't have quite the cuteness factor of Sim City but neither does it seem a broken piece of shit.

First city is a complete disaster. No more money and sewage is backed up all over the place and I can't get electricity to my industrial zone or water to my residential zone.
  • Dipped my toe in today. Got past the 1000 residents milestone and am in a small amount of profit each week. Expansion is slow and steady to start with lest I haemorrhage whatever currency the game uses.

I haven't taken out loans so hadn't bought things like the po-leece or fire stations. I proper lolled when an ice cube factory burned down. I spotted the fire but didn't get a station built in time.

I'm liking the road building as well. Curvy roads! Wow!

Being able to see where a resident works, lives and currently is is a nice touch.

Wish I could play more tonight but have stupid work in the morning.
  • I'm awful at this but i like it. Spent my entire budget on a windfarm for a town i hadn't built yet.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Running smoothly at 4k so far.

Fuck.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Never owned a city building game before. Totally hooked on this.
  • I'm hoping when I've cobbled a machine together it'll run this. Any online co-op components?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I've got no time for this. It's excrutiaatinatinagtinggggg
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • It's glorious. Makes me very glad i'd not played a game of this type until now. Christ, what a time sink.
  • Must resist buying any more games on Steam.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm going to have to scrap my first attempt as unsaveable. I think for the next one I'll try for a nice seaside town, later expanding to a city. A bit like Benidorm but without all the foreigners.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Work is a discussion about not having the time to play this. We guesstimate April would be best for most of us concede we have no will power and as a result many jobs between now and April will require more of our own time.
  • I have spent the whole day engineering an appallingly inefficient road and public transport system.
  • My first city is going pretty well, really liking the graphs.

kViJsvH.jpg

The game really starts when you reach 7500+ population.
  • My only complaint so far is that getting raised roads to snap together can be a total nightmare.
  • My gridded utopia is going well.  Highway junctions are a lot more complicated to figure out than I thought they would be.  Still not quite sure how I want to link it all together.

6pah06.jpg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    More pics like Nexx's.

Talking of Nexx's city, that looks shockingly like where I currently live, down to the windmills on the edge of town.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I want to see kow's bankrupt dystopia.
  • Probably looks a lot like Spain.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    JOKES! Thread stock increase! 

srs tho im ere 4 pics init its why i keep checking in
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    beano wrote:
    srs tho im ere 4 pics init its why i keep checking in

Seconded. More pics of your urban utopias and grimy mega-cities, plz.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • My printscreen button doesn't seem to be working. 

This is great but far too easy. I'm making money much faster than i can spend it. 

Made the mistake of building a dam downstream from where i was pumping sewage. Now it's all flowing back up again.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
  • My printscreen button doesn't seem to be working.  This is great but far too easy. I'm making money much faster than i can spend it.  Made the mistake of building a dam downstream from where i was pumping sewage. Now it's all flowing back up again.

If it's steam the shortcut is f12
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    beano wrote:

I would totally live there.

wGK3uWc.jpg
  • I'm having some problems. It seems lots of my city keeps losing power intermittently. I'm generating more than enough for the whole city, and everywhere is connected.

Not sure if this is a bug. When i look at individual districts they start to become connected again and the little lightning icon disappears. Yet when i zoom out, then back in again, all the icons reappear.
  • My printscreen button doesn't seem to be working.  This is great but far too easy. I'm making money much faster than i can spend it.  Made the mistake of building a dam downstream from where i was pumping sewage. Now it's all flowing back up again.
    What's your population like? I was watching a stream for a bit last week and the guy had $3 million in the bank and earning 20k a week. I was worried the game was going to be too easy but I checked back about an hour later and he had lost all his money. As the population grows it'll get harder to stay in surplus and meet all their needs I reckon. If it's still too easy there is a default mod built in that ups the challenge.
    beano wrote:
    Hmm, looks cool and all but i'd bet he did that in the creative (unlimited money) mode.
    I'm having some problems. It seems lots of my city keeps losing power intermittently. I'm generating more than enough for the whole city, and everywhere is connected. Not sure if this is a bug. When i look at individual districts they start to become connected again and the little lightning icon disappears. Yet when i zoom out, then back in again, all the icons reappear.
    What's your road network like? If the coal/oil whatever can't get to a power station in time it'll have no fuel and power output will drop. I think buildings tell you how much resources they have in stock. Haven't run into the problem myself, yet.
  • Population just over 60,000. Making about 40k per week. Rather fond of my city, even if it is a bit of a mess.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!