Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Traffic gone to the dogs and everybody is sick, and the ambulances can't get to them because of fucking hot dog and doughnut vans.
    2015-03-13_00001_zpskrqkakgt.jpg
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I tried simshitty on creative, and I have to say, creative is no fun. Unless it's minecraft and you want to build computers yo like in LBP.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There are already loads of buildings on Steam workshop. How do you go about making your own buildings?
  • Played this all night. It's fantastic. Got myself to 100,000 people but then something went wrong. Now i'm suddenly losing 1,000 people and 8,000 monies per week. Don't know what the problem is so no idea how to fix it
  • I got up to 5000 residents last night. Traffic hasn't been much of a problem so far, which is a surprise to me. I think my haphazard use of bendy roads has given plenty of ways to access most parts of town. The main access road into town gets fairly red sometimes, though. I need to make the road wider but I'm loathe to knock down houses to make way for road. I clearly need to be more ruthless.
  • Traffic will definitely become a problem. It has done for me in a massive way. The busiest parts of my city are in a constant state of gridlock. This includes the entire circuit of train tracks i laid down. Nothing being able to move has some dire consequences for your essential services.

Got up to 110,000 peeps in my city last night, although my income dropped to around 5,000 pw, but then i made a massive fuck up. I ramped up the taxes on heavy industry. For a while my wealth pw shot up to 70,000 and it stayed there for a while too, but then started falling down again. I saved my game, then continued to play. Only now my wealth plunged right down. Seems i hadn't noticed my tax hike literally shut down every single industry district. They all went bankrupt. Citizens are now deserting the city in droves and i'm losing money crazy fast. Fortunately still have 4.5 mil in the bank, but im not sure how to stem the inertia of things going to shit from this point.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I think I'll buy some land and start farming.
  • don't forget to pet a mouse in your pocket
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You know what'd be nice in these city builder things? If you could start your city in the middle ages or some time and as you modernise, decide what parts to keep, so you'd have a kind of historical centre, which would have some kind of sentimental value, and a city structure based on older restrictions. Or maybe it would be shit, what do I know.
  • I was thinking the same thing. Basically i want something like this crossed with Civ and Democracy 3. Would love my city to have a quaint old-quarter, and maybe even some hipster twat flats fashioned from old barns and factories.

Really looking forward to what mods people get around to making. So many possibilities.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Mods guys, mods. Got anywhere with Workshop, Kow?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • @noxy I think my current road system won't take much of an increase in population. I've put off the problem by starting a wee village in the next tile away from my main city hub. I've imaginatively called this district The Village.

I think I'm subconsciously recreating my home city and the towns that feed into it.

I'll sacrifice dinner to get some more time on this tonight.

@beano I'm gonna get as many cheevos as I can be bothered to get before looking at the mods.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Is your home city not, our city, blue? I just mean mods to sate the appetites of things people are saying are missing, obvs..

I note there's no "real" culture in this. Parks, yeah.
  • Visiting my mum now so i dont get to play this for the whole weekend. Wont be easy as im in peak obsession at the moment.

Quick glance at the mods shows up a petrol station and a car park- two things i was hoping for but hadnt seen yet. Would really like some sort of terrain manipulation for lakes and mounds of dirt. Bigger landfill sites would be good too.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Visiting my mum now so i dont get to play this for the whole weekend. Wont be easy as im in peak obsession at the moment.

Quick glance at the mods shows up a petrol station and a car park- two things i was hoping for but hadnt seen yet. Would really like some sort of terrain manipulation for lakes and mounds of dirt. Bigger landfill sites would be good too.

I have plenty of petrol stations and no mods, so they must be part of the game anyway.

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    You know what'd be nice in these city builder things? If you could start your city in the middle ages or some time and as you modernise, decide what parts to keep, so you'd have a kind of historical centre, which would have some kind of sentimental value, and a city structure based on older restrictions. Or maybe it would be shit, what do I know.

That's a great idea, would add heaps of character to your city. I'd imagine it would be heartbreaking to bulldoze some glorious architecture to make way for a fucking shopping centre.
  • beano wrote:
    Is your home city not, our city, blue? I just mean mods to sate the appetites of things people are saying are missing, obvs..

I note there's no "real" culture in this. Parks, yeah.

Not quite sure what you mean, bean. If you mean Liverpool, then yeah, we share the city but I didn't grow up here. I'm thinking that my city is going to be more of a really small city with lots of little villages and towns around.
  • Kow wrote:
    Visiting my mum now so i dont get to play this for the whole weekend. Wont be easy as im in peak obsession at the moment.

I have plenty of petrol stations and no mods, so they must be part of the game anyway.

I've found one Dino Oil petrol station. They're teeny though and not looked around for another so there might be more.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I have 3 side by side for some reason.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    More pictures please
  • Yeah! More pictures! I'm too lazy to post pics of my city.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've just created a red light district. Well, not really, but I've designated an area to have recreational use of certain substances. A little hippy borough.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My little hippy borough has immediately filled up with criminals. Curses!
  • http://www.godisageek.com/reviews/cities-skylines-review/

GIAG really liked it.  Seems to be very well received.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I didn't grow up here.

Ah my mistake, thought you were born n bred and the description at first sounded feasible, going back 15 or 20 years. My bad.

I've been getting my pictures fix from reddit as you're all arse.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My hippy criminal borough.
    2015-03-13_00004_zpsryobttq2.jpg

Main industrial drag, full of traffic problems.
    2015-03-13_00002_zpsykdxbdl4.jpg

I'm only up to about 4,000 people so I can imagine this gets mental difficult as it goes towards a million.
  • beano wrote:
    I didn't grow up here.

Ah my mistake, thought you were born n bred and the description at first sounded feasible, going back 15 or 20 years. My bad.

I've been getting my pictures fix from reddit as you're all arse.

To be fair, I think I just described the way most counties work.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Main industrial drag, full of traffic problems.
    2015-03-13_00002_zpsykdxbdl4.jpg

I'm only up to about 4,000 people so I can imagine this gets mental difficult as it goes towards a million.

Lol. What were you supposed to do to prevent the traffic? Have roads turning off the main street into little industrial estates?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!