• Wtf is formula E? The cars look odd and it seems to go about 50 mph.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Drivers take an E before driving, hilarity ensues.
    Things can only get better.
  • http://planetf1.com/news/f1-congratulations-lewis-hamilton/

A nice round up of tweets, I think Lineker sums it up best.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just seen the footage of Ham tossing the cap at Rosberg. I read it as if Ham was being a dick throwing the second place cap at Ros and rubbing it in. No, he was just handing them out.

RosBERK.
  • I think he felt he's had a raw deal the last few races what with his DNF, There wasn't a Spa type incident this year and there was fewer on track over takes but Rosberg needs to look back at Hungry. For me that's where he lost it.

He had very little chance of taking the title even if he'd won at Dallas so I'm not sure quite why he was so bad spirited about it.

Since they banned radio coaching he's lost out, since they made the driver do more of the start he's lost out further.

I'd say he was better in the wet yesterday and at Silverstone than Lewis but he just couldn't convert his chances this year.

Doesn't matter how dominant the car is there's nearly always one driver in a team who dominates the other. Think Vettel/Webber, Hakkinen/Coulthard and you can add Hamilton/Lolsberg to that list.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I think Coulthard would likely admit that Mika probably was the better driver however he was hamstrung by team orders. IIRC McClaren knew they had the dominant car that first year of their dominance and the Championship was decided on the first corner of the first race. Henceforth DC had to play second fiddle to Mika, leaving the team wouldn't have helped either as he would then have been racing for third spot rather than guaranteed second
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yet he choose to follow the team orders. I true racer would've taken the win and worried about the fallout later.
  • Coulthard has said numerous times that Mika was faster than him...in fact he says it so often I think he keeps saying it waiting for someone to respond 'oh no David, you were just as good'....but that hasn't happened yet.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That doesn't surprise me but if he'd made the first corner in Australia back in 97(?) then he'd have been the world champion that season

Also I don't think he was faster than Mika, that bloke knows how to drive
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Wtf is formula E? The cars look odd and it seems to go about 50 mph.

Electric motors innit. 

Should be getting pushed way harder imho by the FIA, fuck all this reducing petrol engine size V6 cobblers in the bin, seems like there's a lot more variety right now in Formula E regarding how teams are actually harnessing the power to drive the cars, let alone all the minutiae the F1 teams have to work within. 

Also for some reason they don't have a requirement to have a dropped nose like the F1 cars so none of them have that retarded cocknose profile either. 

Surely 'tis the future of motor racing, or something.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Not until they're doing loop the loops.
  • Upside down in tunnels should be a requirement.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Anti-Grav or GTFO.

I think WEC has the best combo of racing and technological advance nowadays. F1 has been hamstrung by nonsensical rules. It’s overcomplicated and I wish it would get back to “Build the fastest car you safely can. Find a driver fearless enough to race it. Repeat.”

The LMP1 WEC teams are all combining electric and petrol or diesel power in different ways, yet ending up with tight, close, racing. It’s ace. And the more ex-F1 drivers who cross over to the sport, the more press attention it gets.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    That doesn't surprise me but if he'd made the first corner in Australia back in 97(?) then he'd have been the world champion that season Also I don't think he was faster than Mika, that bloke knows how to drive

I'm not sure he would.

Hakinen ended up scoring nearly double the points coulthard got,

It just proves that some f1 drivers can win races but can't sustain a championship challenge.
  • The BBC are ending there f1 rights early to make savings. Channel 4 are taking it over.
  • Not too surprising, because bits of a championship was a mess. Bit risky for F1 though, less viewers on C4 and less news coverage on the BBC.
  • Sky do an excellent job. I've never looked back.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Sky do a great job. Just hate that I can't just buy the F1 channel
  • I can't get f1 at all thanks to BT.
  • Sky can go bollocks.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    hmm back to ads then. That was always a pisser but a change could be good. I thought the bbc coverage was ropey compared to Sky too but I'd be surprised if C4 increases the budget significantly enough to change it all that much.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • C4 have promised no ads during races.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Oooh.. Fair dos. C4 could be a little disruptive but sky do seem to have 50 camera crews and pundits coming out of every crevice. The money shows.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:
    That doesn't surprise me but if he'd made the first corner in Australia back in 97(?) then he'd have been the world champion that season Also I don't think he was faster than Mika, that bloke knows how to drive

I'm not sure he would.

Hakinen ended up scoring nearly double the points coulthard got,

It just proves that some f1 drivers can win races but can't sustain a championship challenge.

They had an agreement in place (early example of team orders) that whoever made that first corner would be lead driver for that race and then by virtue of having more points the season

• Yes. But as I said he scored double what coulthard did so it didn't really make a difference.

Mclaren have never run a number one and two driver. He just wasn't good enough and he'll tell you that himself
  • C4 have announced their first F1 presenter. It’s Coulthard.
  • I don't watch TV, so bye bye.
  • I believe Radio 5 are still hosting coverage.
  • I believe the races will still actually, physically, happen. Tickets to watch are probably available.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!