Witness Protection - The Witness Spoiler thread. Avoid until you've completed...
  • "n0face stops playing to write a comment on an internet forum..."
  • Has anyone completed the tone puzzle in the cellar of one of the houses in the village? The one with the broken speaker.
  • Me too.  I liked that one.

Happy to give clues if wanted.  (Happy to keep quiet otherwise.)
  • I'll have another crack first then I might need a hint.

Getting stuck into the time trial at the moment, I'm golden until the maze/triangle bit.
  • n0face wrote:
    I'll have another crack first then I might need a hint. Getting stuck into the time trial at the moment, I'm golden until the maze/triangle bit.

I can get through that about 25% of the time, but never with enough time to do the last bit.  It all generally depends on how quickly I spot the impossible puzzles.  Have given up for now as it was making me irritated, and so I went off exploring to remind myself how much I liked the rest of it...
  • Just went back to try it again.  Did it first time.

Am now doing a little dance.
  • Nice.

Managed the puzzle I mentioned before, got stuck on the door by the beach and then had an epiphany about the door half way up the mountain which had been bothering me for ages. Not the most productive evening but still good fun.

My desk is beginning to look like a nutters scrawled all over it.
    mImaThNh.jpg
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Just went back to try it again.  Did it first time. Am now doing a little dance.

:D :D :D
  • For the floor puzzle where you choose which block shapes are going to be in the giant puzzle I used lego bricks. Colour coded for each set and then messed around until I got a shape that was symmetric. then I tried doing that and found out the top right square only had one solution and had to start again. Good times.
  • I cut out little paper tetronimoes for the floor puzzle.  They didn't help - I actually worked it out half way through cooking the kids dinner.  The brain is a mysterious thing.  Last night I finally agreed to clear up the stacks of post-it notes scattered all-around the lounge as it had started to look like I was the psycho in Se7en.  

Is anyone planning to try and hunt down all the (+) puzzles?  I'm torn.  On the one hand, I don't really want to stop playing, and there appear to be about another 80 puzzles I haven't found.  On the other hand, I found one last night which was clever, and thematically beautiful, but also took exactly one hour to complete.  I don't know if I have the level of dedication/time required...
  • No chance I'm going to 100% this.
  • I feel like I've got what I wanted in the game. I've seen enough to appreciate it but I think the more obscure puzzles (environ ones) are less about what I enjoyed in the game.
  • Yeah, I think I'm pretty much in the same camp as both of you.  I'll probably pop in on from time to time to wander around and see if I can find anything new, but don't think I can face scouring the world for obscure environmental puzzles, even if some of them are incredibly well crafted.

Still, a few that I did find, and thought were more interesting than just lining up the world...
    Spoiler:
  • I wonder if the run speed is just too slow for the more macro environment puzzles.

I spotted a couple of potentials but it takes so long to walk across the space that I don't think I can efficiently explore it.
  • So I completed this just now. If I want to NG+ it what are my options? 

I either have a save in the Great Glass Elevator on 409 panels or a save on 350 panels. Or a save where I'm on 0 panels and back where I started (I'm presuming none of the lasers will be on?)
  • Stopharage wrote:
    So I completed this just now. If I want to NG+ it what are my options?  I either have a save in the Great Glass Elevator on 409 panels or a save on 350 panels. Or a save where I'm on 0 panels and back where I started (I'm presuming none of the lasers will be on?)

Personally I'd go with the save from the Great Glass Elevator.  There's a Bonus Something that gets unlocked if you restart, but you can actually get it without doing so - and it's much more satisfying that way.

Do you have all the lasers?
  • Think I have 9 or 10 although the desert one was pointing off somewhere else so I'll need to sort that out. The Elevator seems to just take me back to the start though and resets all my progress? Do I have to redo all the lasers again? If so, I'll probably leave it for a while.
  • Reset to the the lift but don't use it, continue from there.
  • What n0face said.  You can exit the lift without using it.

Then... 
    Spoiler:
  • The exit lock to the lift his kind of tricky to spot. It's at the bottom on the side with the door b
  • Thanks. Got half term coming up so any more puzzling will be gratefully lapped up.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    What n0face said.  You can exit the lift without using it.

Then... 
    Spoiler:

So ng+ automatically unlocks that does it?

I've done all lasers, am now listening to some classical music that's trying to drive me batty.
    That floor puzzle..... Oh dear me. From 11pm till about 230am that fucker. I just couldn't get it. Even after I narrowed down all the options I just couldn't arrange the pieces for some reason. Almost cried. Legit. And then I got it. Relief and yet still crushing.

I think I'll complete the challenge and then maybe try to find the other wooden boxes. But I don't think I'll be able to find all the environmental lines. Maybe I'll dip back in every now and then for those.

Which ones are the + puzzles? I've seen almost everything I think but can think of what those are.

Also, is the weird bit the
    Spoiler:

• The + Puzzle are:
    Spoiler:
  • Also, is the weird bit the
    Spoiler:

No.
    Spoiler:
  • Ridiculously long interview with Blow regarding The Witness.  Contains a frankly ridiculous number of spoilers, including Blow taking on The Challenge...

• Found the weird bit. Weird indeed but rather neat.
  • Sudoku guy play The Witness. I do like him.

"Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Should I watch this if I'm only 45mins into the game? Started it earlier this week.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!