Starhawk
  • Ok, I'm DETERMINED to get back into some kind of online action, and my broadband at home just got reconnected... so it's STARHAWK-A-GOGO (once I download it...)

Who's picked this up yet, and what's it like? If it's half as good as Warhawk... well... we'll just play Warhawk. BUT IF IT'S BETTER LET'S GET IT ON PEOPLES! 

Are there any decent reviews floating around online yet?
    PSN: RockIsSponge / Live: RockIsSponge1
    www.twitter.com/RockIsSponge
  • looked rad from what the fractured memories of last night allow me to remember
  • Sadly my broadband isn't up to online gaming at the mo, but I'm sure many of the Warhawk faithful will be up on this.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...

• EPIC SEX WEE!!!
  • Ok where is my video!?

http://youtu.be/64PTsyzCqVs

STILL EPIC SEX WEE!!!

(Edit: Fixed vid aboe. Long link is key, it turns out...)
  • I've got it. Played one game last night, it didn't seem very good...
  • I hear there's a single-player thing, but that it's not really that ace. I have to say the 'voice over' in the trailer does put me off... I liked it when they were mute characters, more 'you' (See: Link in every Zelda game). 

Edge multiplayer will be where this shines, fingers crossed.
  • gamespot review said, sp is ok, but you have to completely relearn the game for mp
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    My copy arrived today. Will be my first dabble in the 'hawk series but I do love me some large-scale vehicular multiplayer.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Could of been tempted by this despite the poor beta.But it seems its not out for download and most places say it wont.Due to a high file size apparently.

Dont forget though when you redeem your online pass you also get Warhawk ps1 version free.The game is ONLY available with the network pass code.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Hang on... it's not a 'download-stick-it-on-the-Harddrive-easy-to-boot-up-and-play' game?!
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    no mate.It makes no sense!
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Dead to me.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    TO WARHAWK!!!!
  • Hmmm. I think I'm enjoying this. But I'm not sure. Prefer Warhawks environments and style to be honest. And they seriously need to nerf the Ox tanks. They're ridiculously powerful and you can end up facing an entire 16 man team all driving them and spawn raping. But I'll hang in there. As for installing it, nope. But it does need a big HDD install itself. And the first patch is over 400Mb!
  • I've got this

The single player is ok at serving its purpose of learning the ropes, however it is a completely different ball game when jumping into multiplayer. Spent my first couple of games wondering around, wondering what to do but soon got the hang of it. The biggest annoyance is that hardly anyone uses their headset from what I've seen, which in a tactical game like this is darn crazy!

It's potential to be more fun than Warhawk is definately there, maybe after a couple of patches to improve balancing it will really show its worth. Apparently there's a patch out next week that fixes a lot of the issues, like the overpowered tank!

If anyone feels like a game then get in touch. And if no ones yet done so I was about to start a bear and badger clan so get in touch if you wish to join.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • THey seriously need to work on the spawn raping. Every game I've been in lately has ended up with this. A bunch of hawks and Ox tanks absolutely obliterating the oppositions base and they don't stand a chance. Without buildings, you can't get teh firepower to counter it. Such a shame nobody ever considered this prior to release but it's ruining it for me.
  • Ali wrote:
    THey seriously need to work on the spawn raping. Every game I've been in lately has ended up with this. A bunch of hawks and Ox tanks absolutely obliterating the oppositions base and they don't stand a chance. Without buildings, you can't get teh firepower to counter it. Such a shame nobody ever considered this prior to release but it's ruining it for me.

I've had too much time to play this ( the draw of ghost recon is too much ) but enjoyed it when I have . You'd have thought with a lengthy beta this would've been sorted really 

If you want to add me - it's in mt tag , the same offer to you mikemsp as wel
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Request has been sent your way mate.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • So its broken at the minute?

Hopefully soon the broadband can be sorted out in the sticks, i loved Warhawk hard!
    Can-of-sprite
  • The difference between this and Warkawk is that you just pick up weapons in Warhawk and the vehicle numbers, like Battlefield, are limited to those you can jump into. In Starhawk, your entire team can all be in Hawks or tanks because everything is built, RTS style. BUT, if you're being spawn raped, you have to build the defences to prevent this and they often get destroyed by a hail of shells before they're even complete.
  • It was probably a change too far for me. I'm not giving up on it yet, but I'd have loved a simply shinier Warhawk.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!