#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    RYNO get!  Also completed all holocard sets.  The bolt multiplier only goes up to x20, but managed to sustain it long enough earlier that I hoovered up in excess of 1,300,000 bolts.  Nice.
    Get schwifty.
  • Finished my first run-through. Absolutely loved every second. It is a beautfiul game that is enjoyable and fun filled for every single second of gameplay. Just magnificent.

Instantly launched into Challenge mode and the game just keeps giving. Trying to raise the multiplier and sustain through combat makes a significant difference; I am finding myself being far more mobile in the combat. The very act of upgrading the weapons has no become the main focus and it is just great fun all over again.

Got all the gold bolts and the RYNO in the first run-through, now it is all about getting the last seven cards and upgrading everything.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Sounds like you enjoyed it every bit as much as I did.  I finished my Challenge Mode run last night, started a second run of Challenge Mode today, specifically just to level up the last of my least used weapons.  So plenty of Sheepinator use this time around.  Takes a while to level up, but in a massive battle earlier I heard one of the enemies shout out "He's got a Sheepinator!"  and I just burst out laughing.

This looks like it's been a success for Insomniac, so I hope they get cracking on a new game, but in the meantime let's have Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time remasters.
    Get schwifty.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Resistance Trilogy Remastered
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Urghh.
    Get schwifty.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    :-D
  • Another very satisfying few hours on this in challenge mode. Upgraded loads of weapons, got the RYNO secobdary omega version thingy and now it is just a case of grinding to upgrade all the weapons. But thankfully playing the game is great fun so the grind is not too bad.

I even got three of the trophies I was worried about: complete rilgar race under 1.35 (tip-put game speed on slow!), get top bolt multiplier and collect all the cards!
  • acemuzzy wrote:

Wasn't the first one partly set in Grimsby? Or Manchester at least.
  • acemuzzy wrote:

Wasn't the first one partly set in Grimsby? Or Manchester at least.
    All over england but there were controversy as one of the chapters were in Manchester cathedral.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    "Yeah can we come back to get some higher res photos please"
  • And that is the platinum done! Three run throughs in total-with the third just upgrading my last few weapons and making sure I hit everything with the groovitron.

A wonderful game.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Wow, gratz on the platinum! I'm probably done with the game for now, but I did start a cheeky new play through of Tools of Destruction at the weekend.
    Get schwifty.
  • It is incredibly pretty and I'm starting to really get my R&C groove on again. Which is nice.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • That's just the Groovitron.
  • Had to check YouTube because the fucking clank controls for the little robots where flakey

Otherwise still enjoying it, considering powering through this play through then collecting everything second play through
  • Any top tips for the final boss?

Fuck insominiac for making a bullet sponge final boss again!

Otherwise fully enjoyable.
  • Stay airborne, use death blades.
  • I've only just bought the Buzz Blades, and I'm on the last level. I should upgrade them first then?

Is the Groovatron as effective as it's been on other stuff?
  • Only on the bots near the platforms.  Otherwise, it has nowhere to land and you're wasting ammo.
  • Get the RYNO first! Makes him ridiculously easy. Just remember to switch platforms when needed.
  • Sounds like they're on first play through, though, and unlikely to have the RYNO.  I'd also argue that you should spend as little time on the platforms as possible; fuel up, get the health, get going.  It's much easier to evade his attacks if you're jetpacking.
  • Yeah, I've got one RYNO card.
  • Really? I made sure I had all of them before doing it, just went searching everywhere. Definately agree regarding moving platforms frequently.
  • Get the RYNO first! Makes him ridiculously easy. Just remember to switch platforms when needed.

Cool. I'll go back for that, 

Stupidly I've got 200,000 bolts but not needed much in the way of weapons all game long.
  • They will be very useful if you go for the upgraded weapons on a second challenge mode play through. Those weapons are extremely expensive!
  • What have you been using, Bob? The weapons are at least half the fun of this game.
  • The basic gun, the digitiser, the grenade, mr zurkon and the two rocket ones. All nearly upgraded to maximum
  • Mr Zurkon so best.
  • Ah. I misunderstood, I thought you'd maybe just stuck to the Combustor. On challenge mode, you should discover the joys of the Groovitron and Protodrum combo, and the Plasma Striker. Both should help you keep up your multiplier.
  • Lol. I've played ToD three times to completion so I'm aware of the arsenal. It's still the best R & C. This doesn't come close. It doesn't even look as nice

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!