The Clobber Thread (Sartorial Elegance)
  • Pink is my best colour for the top half, love it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Umbro absolutely bossing it the last year or so

umbro_factoryrecordsthirdjersey_16202934621.jpg
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    And another one, with Hanon this time, I lucked out the last Scotland shirt, so I'm crossing my fingers for this one
    HANON_x_Umbro_AwayJersey_Carbon92_UMTM0520-052_ModelImagery_1.jpg
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Seemed the most relevant place. My mate Sarah makes wigs, and not long ago got to kit out Dolly Parton which is pretty fucking cool. Anyway she been on super secret mission the last little while, turns out it was for Richard Quinn. So chuffed for her

• That's class. To your earlier post, you'll probably have been as annoyed at me at the explosion in prices in "vintage" football kits. So I decided, fuck it, ordering a fake from China. DHGate is some app.

FyAnGQS.jpg

OG tags, even the button has authentic Adidas branding on it. Very pleased with it.

£12. Two weeks delivery. Also got a banging black Juve 3rd kit, Sony sponsor, Zidane 21 on the back. Same price. Lovely jubbly.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Nice, I don't recall that shirt, but I like it a lot, same era as that Newcastle Freddie Krueger kit. My Boca 10 shirt is almost certainly a fake, though I didn't realise that at the time (yes I was that naive at the time). Totally not fussed as it's visually perfect

I am fuming about those ScoreDraw bullshit shirts though. Being a huge company, and licensed by the relevant FAs they get away with almost replicating classic kits, with no credit to original designer and brand, does my noggin in

Yes, hypocrisy there, but at least I recognise it
  • Yeah, the Score Draw efforts are so poor without proper branding. Would rather fake it tbh.

That's the prime Laudrup away top. Genuine would be close to £200 these days, easy. Might go back for another of that era or the current Finland efforts, they're lovely. Wanna rep my boy Kamara.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    My love for Suomi has never been hidden and yes that home shirt is bloody gorgeous
  • DHGate man, get the app and have at it. "poptown" seemed to be the name of my seller for both, can't fault them. Loads more on there too though.
  • any recommendations for online places which have nice designed tshirts a bit like this? https://www.dirtyvelvet.co.uk/products?show_all=true
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • www.friendorfaux.com
    www.rumknuckles.com
    www.newloveclub.co.uk

Are a few cheap and cheerful sites for tees that I have frequented.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Thanks
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • That's class. To your earlier post, you'll probably have been as annoyed at me at the explosion in prices in "vintage" football kits. So I decided, fuck it, ordering a fake from China. DHGate is some app.

FyAnGQS.jpg

OG tags, even the button has authentic Adidas branding on it. Very pleased with it.

£12. Two weeks delivery. Also got a banging black Juve 3rd kit, Sony sponsor, Zidane 21 on the back. Same price. Lovely jubbly.

This looks mint!

I've had similar frustrations with classic shirt prices and taken a punt on replicas on ebay. None of them matched the quality suggested in their photos.

I checked Poptown and your shirt didn't show the Adidas branding on there? Did you add get lucky?

I'm so desperate for several classic shirts, that I'm willing to take another gamble at these prices!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    A lot of sites will omit the manufacturer branding from images to avoid getting sued, but the product often includes them
  • Aye, that's the game. They won't show the nike/adidas/etc but it'll come with it.

Just be sure to order a size up. Every review said that, I did it, and it fits perfect on me (L).
  • Nice one, cheers fellas. I'm gonna have another punt.

Van Basten era Milan top needed. I'm up to my third attempt!
  • Sound! Should be able to get that no worries. My seller was just my seller, there's tons on there doing the exact same tbf.

Cocko, big Umbro sale just started, some decent clobber reduced heavy, even collab pieces. Thought you'd be into it.
  • Need to start getting some new work clothes now I'll be in more... Any recommendations for where to look for a decent, smart coat? Like this sort of thing:

xnDZG46.jpg
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Top/Chesterfield/covert/Crombie coat sort of a thing. Honestly, all over the fucking place, but do not purchase if it's got poly in the outer. Worth the extra dough to be proper wool, cashmere, wool-cashmere.

I doubt you'll find cheaper than Uniqlo, in this instance.
  • I used to have a Calvin Klein one (picked up in TK Maxx) that lasted me for nigh-on ten years. Proper wool was the key, as Brooks says.
  • Reiss for stuff like this. Quality stuff.
  • Hugo Boss gives an air of German efficiency
  • Hugo Boss can generally get in the bin though.
  • Cheers gang, will take a look around and keep in mind the materials!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Coat chat.

I want a winter parka but my tastes are more expensive then my budget. I've set myself a £500 limit, I really like the more minimal Canada goose offerings in style but they are way out of my price range. Firstly I want to be incredibly warm, secondly if like it to look nice.

Any suggestions on where to shop or look outside of the normal brands. I had a look at some North Face stuff but it all seems a little overpriced.

https://triplefatgoose.com/

These looked good but no UK sellers.
  • n0face wrote:
    Coat chat. I want a winter parka but my tastes are more expensive then my budget.

Uniqlo - affordable, non-offensive and functional. Love my Uniqlo warm coats!

https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/men/outerwear/coats-jackets
  • Try eBay.
    I've got a Timberland parka I'm wearing as I type.
    I think it was about £250 retail I paid about £80 plus £10 dry cleaning.
  • lastant wrote:
    n0face wrote:
    Coat chat. I want a winter parka but my tastes are more expensive then my budget.

Uniqlo - affordable, non-offensive and functional. Love my Uniqlo warm coats!

https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/men/outerwear/coats-jackets

I've seen loads of recommendations for Uniqlo, I'll have a look.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Try eBay.
    I've got a Timberland parka I'm wearing as I type.
    I think it was about £250 retail I paid about £80 plus £10 dry cleaning.

Is be too worried about fit and not being able to return stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!