Death Stranding - Kojima/Reedus
  • This might ghave been posted before, apologies if so.

In case there are any rich mega-fans of the game in here, check this artbook out:

https://titanbooks.com/70207-the-art-of-death-stranding-ultra-limited-edition/
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Insanely hyped for this, I'll add to the OP later.

Still waiting…..
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm 47 hours in and starting chapter 12 now. The end can't be too far away. I did enjoy the walk from edge knot city all the way east. Did the majority of that on foot.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Insanely hyped for this, I'll add to the OP later.

Still waiting…..

Games shit bro, nah
  • LOL
    The Forum Herald™
  • That's it, 50 hours of Amazon prime work and chapter 14 is complete. Pretty fucking good to be fair.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice one. I'm really going for it again. Don't care about the story this time around. I'm at about 25 hours, and building loads of zip lines around South Knot now as I skipped a lot of stuff around here on first run through.

Out of interest, at the end did you...
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Nice one. I'm really going for it again. Don't care about the story this time around. I'm at about 25 hours, and building loads of zip lines around South Knot now as I skipped a lot of stuff around here on first run through.

Out of interest, at the end did you...
    Spoiler:

I did exactly the same as you Boris. A few little bits at the end dragged on slightly but I was happy with how it wrapped up. An excellent story with some of the best facial animation/graffix I've ever seen. I enjoyed the whole thing realy. It was kojima through and through. I don't think I want a sequel though. I will however look forward to his next work more so than ever.

It was bonkers, it was different, it was inspired, it was unrelenting in it's vision. It's not gonna make my GOAT 10 but it gets a massive 10 out of 10 for everything it did. Bravo Koj.
  • daviedigi....

Taking a piss on the racetrack terminal is really not on. ;)
  • I didn't think I'd I wanna go back to this but I'm sort of missing the treks through the wilderness. Maybe I'll go back at some point.

I think I'd like them to make a sequal and I'd love to see what it'd be like with multiplayer servers like sea of theives where there's only maybe 4 people in your world and no way of communicating with them unless your in proximity. Chance encounters would be meaningfull then I think.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    I'd love to see what it'd be like with multiplayer servers like sea of theives where there's only maybe 4 people in your world and no way of communicating with them unless your in proximity. Chance encounters would be meaningfull then I think.

That would be so cool. Joint deliveries and raiding camps together. Just imagine!
  • drumbeg wrote:
    daviedigi....

Taking a piss on the racetrack terminal is really not on. ;)

Wash your hands! :)

I don't remember doing that and it's been a while since I've been on, hope all my hard work isn't rusted away to obscurity.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Back into again today up until the mountains. Didn’t realise on my first run through I didn’t build roads up in the snow. Have to rectify that.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Back into again today up until the mountains. Didn’t realise on my first run through I didn’t build roads up in the snow. Have to rectify that.

Please don't tell me all my hard work has been undone!!
  • I think I need to play this again but the only one I can see is the digital deluxe version going for far too much more than I would be willing to pay
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Director's Cut is available for PC now, £8.99 upgrade if you own Death Stranding already on Steam.

From a Steam review -
    List of everthing new in Death Stranding Directors Cut⁣

Info:
    The new content is unlocked by progressing through the game.

New graphics technology:
    Improved water effects
    AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution
    NVIDIA DLSS 2.3.7
    NVIDIA Image Scaling
    Intel XeSS

New controller functions:
    DualSense Haptic Feedback

New story missions:
    2 missions available in chapter 2
    1 mission available after finishing the game

New standard orders:
    40 new orders

New location:
    Ruined Factory available in the eastern region

New roads:
    National roads can now be built in mountainous areas

New combat mechanics:
    Upgraded melee system with new moves
    Mules are using mounted machine guns against the player
    Mounted machine guns can be used by the player

New mechanics:
    Ziplines can be used with floating carriers
    Strands can be used to tie down cargo
    You can now rest on the bike
    Items can now be collected from the bike while standing still

New Facilities:
    Firing Range with Drills (VR like missions)

New Weapons:
    Maser Gun

New Vehicles:
    Roadster
    Roadster Long Range
    Transporter Bike with an attached carrier

New Delivery Equipment:
    Buddy Bot
    Support Skeleton
    Ammo Pouch Level 2
    Battery Level 4
    Stabilizer Level 3

New buildable structures:
    Jump Ramps
    Cargo Catapult
    Chiral Bridges

New Racetrack:
    Fragile Circuit

New Customization:
    BB Pod Colors
    Buddy Bot Colors
    Backpack Patches
    Bridges Special Delivery Team Suit (Gold)
    BB pod customization (Chiral Gold)
    Power Gloves (Gold)
    Bridges Special Delivery Team Suit (Silver)
    BB pod customization (Omnireflector)
    Power Gloves (Silver)

New Music:
    8 new tracks

New optional cutscenes:
    2 Nightmare cutscenes

Quality of Life Updates:
    Replayable Boss battles
    Route planning tutorial in Episode 1
    Fast travel locations can now be selected from the map instead of using a list
    Adjusted guides and tips with the option to change the frequency in the menu
    Compass Mode now shows the goal of your current mission, needed materials to upgrade your structures and Likes

Online Functions:
    Friend Play (Friends can be added as a strand contracts)
    Ranked Boss battles with leader bords
    Ranked Drills with leader bords
    Ranked Races with leader bords

Other:
    New Holograms can be unlocked
    Ludens Ducks can be seen in Hot Springs
    Monster Energy drinks are replaced with Bridges Energy drinks
    Selections From ‘The Art of DEATH STRANDING’” Digital Book (by Titan Books)
  • Elden Ring and now this.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I'm probably going to hold off playing it again until I get a DualSense controller, so I can try that haptic stuff.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Started this today. Only about 3ish hours in so not sure yet how to feel about it. Doesn't help that B keeps mentioning every time I'm struggling to climb a mountain that I could have gone around it and that he didn't stumble as much. And that he needs to mention for every npc character which guerrilla dev it is.

Just curious, I got the standard edition on PC. It runs fine. Will I gain anything worthwhile if I upgrade now? Are the buildings shared between the two versions? So far I've only seen ladders and lost cargo by in game characters (Nick Easton is Michiel de Leeuw). Would be a shame if I lost out on potentially seeing what others have done, but tbh I don't feel like I fully understand the game by now.

Actually, Sam winked at me when he came out of the shower. No game will beat that.
  • Don't get the new edition, just this. And you'll see plenty of what others have done so don't worry.

Some really hate this game but it's one of the most interesting and best things I've ever played.

And if ever a game should be played alone it's this, on a big tv with the volume up. If you dig it you'll think about this game looking after the credits roll.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I finished the OG game and loved it all but it’s the experience of traversing the landscapes and not the mad story that make the game.

I’ve started the directors cut and the additions are minor so I wouldn’t worry about it.
  • I'd also recommend wearing a headset. Its a wonderful solitary experience especially when your in the mountains and wearing a headset really adds depth to the world, its landscapes and weather systems.

Its a one of a kind game.
  • I still really oughta pick up my playthrough again. I still think this might turn into certainly Kojima's best, and possibly among the very best titles in the medium.
  • I finished this recently and really liked it
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Good to know I don't need the upgrade, even if it's just $10. TV should be big enough, will connect some good headphones. It's definitely an interesting start and I will give it more time, just curious how annoyed I'll get with the stumbling etc.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You get upgrades to make the stumbling easier.

One thing I’d suggest is don’t just plough through the story. Take your time and help out various settlements. As you do you’ll get more upgrades that make the game better.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Think I'm at the point where the game will open up.
    Spoiler:
  • I'm playing this quite a bit in short bursts,
    I'd say
    Spoiler:
    is where it opens up.

I'm a lot further in and just building roads and zip line's to make the s ranks easier (got 95 so far) and having fun exploring it all again.
  • Nina wrote:
    Good to know I don't need the upgrade, even if it's just $10. TV should be big enough, will connect some good headphones. It's definitely an interesting start and I will give it more time, just curious how annoyed I'll get with the stumbling etc.

I don't really want to spoil it but it's all about the stumbling but in the best possible way. It's really a game about altruism. It's about the strands that connect you to real people you'll never meet. You're on your own in this game but you aren't. It's a superb use of the internet.
  • Nina wrote:
    Think I'm at the point where the game will open up.
    Spoiler:

Yeah you're nearly there. When you get to the the Distribution centre West of Capital Knot City it really feels like you're out on your own in all that beauty. If it wasn't for the gfx engine and the stunning views this game wouldn't be good at all. 

In fact if it wasn't for all the elements of the game coming together it woukldn't be good, as they all feed and play off each other so well. Took balls to make this game, especially for the first title by a new studio. It's an amazing feat really.

Only the BTs are a fail. I was hoping for some redress in the directors cut but hey ho.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!