regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My 3DS isn't charging, and I reckon it's down to the charger. Tried it in a variety of plugs, with and without dock. Anyone know what could be here problem, or as a very long shot, have a spare charger?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    (PS this can also be the UNO thread)
  • I have UNO.... and a 'silly' hat.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    THIS DOES NOT HELP ME
  • tried doing it through the docking station?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly wrote:
    My 3DS isn't charging, and I reckon it's down to the charger. Tried it in a variety of plugs, with and without dock. Anyone know what could be here problem, or as a very long shot, have a spare charger?

It could be the wire behind the head of the charging pin. For some reason my son has had the same problem, put it down to how he had the wire lying when it was charging. 
    I'm assuming its an official charger as well? Have you checked the pins inside the DS itself? maybe one of them has become bent so its the contact it has. 
    maybe...
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    tried doing it through the docking station?

Yes, but the chafing was unbearable.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You could try using a DSi charger if you have one. Apparently there's like a thing in the 3DS's power socket that latches onto the charging cable thing, but it isn't meant to be that good. Try wiggling it around? Is it within warranty?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nah, I was old school 3DS. Will wiggle it, just a little bit, tonight
  • New ones are $14 here, so I bet you could get an own-brand GAME one or something for £10.  Probably worth grabbing one and seeing if it works.  If it doesn't, and you diagnose a borked 3DS, just take the charger back with a clear conscience because it doesn't appear to work.
  • I have the exact same problem with mine. After a bit of searching, I realised its a pretty common complaint. Try unplugging the adapter from the socket for 5 mins without the 3DS attached, then plug it back in. Always works for me.
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!