@_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Ahoy! me arse barnacles, who’s game for some messing about on the water after 8:30 tonight? If you see the boarding party, jump on. Boozy has just confirmed his passage to me.

vu6A2fP.jpg
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • ARGH MATEY!!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • (I should probably ask the boss first)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I could mabe be on up early doors tho
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How did you get on?

Had a sail with my son and nephew last night, utterly impossible to manage them but a good laugh anyway. Ended up doing the first Shroudbreaker tall tale which took twice as long as when I did it solo
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Ah, thought you might be Tall Tailing so didn’t invite you to the crew. For some reason assumed it was (anona)Yoss you were jolly rogering.

We had an exhilarating time, epic fortitude and spot on cannon skills won the day. Rather pooped, so might not get the details down till later…
  • Battle of the sea of thieves was intense
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    The Battle of The Sea of Thieves

We wanted trouble and sailed to the right plaice. A skellie fleet cloud loomed ahead when the horns blew, heralding the arrival of the boney bastards. Flanked by a surfaced galleon and sloop, we three buccaneers - Boozy, Chaz and your’s truly fought a battle of attrition, eventually scuppering the big boy. More ships rocked up including a rival crew. Initially we fought separate skirmishes, but spied a swimmer, cutlass in hand approaching the starboard ladder. With our three blades swinging, we sent the swab to the ferryman in seconds, ya-arrr! But in the maelstrom of conflict our ship sustained heavy damage and with no planks left, our ride was lost…

Grabbing a powder keg, we boarded our re-spawned ship and headed back to the battle for the uncollected treasure.

One gally remained, but was no match for my manoeuvres, Boozy’s harpoon skills and Chaz’s big balls - launching off the spar he dropped a lit barrel into their hold. Outstanding scenes!

Checking the horizon the human adversaries were returning, presumably to try and take our treasure and were quickly at our stern. Boozy suggested we cut and run to catch our breath. With the night now upon us, I swung the ship around to go toe to toe. Jumping on the cannons we unleashed hell on their vessel and saw off the scoundrels in what seemed seconds, then peppered their ship from distance with deadly accuracy until the death knell rang.

Their crew eaten by sharks, we circled back scanning the waters for plunder - but not even a chalice for our reward.

But once again, the real treasure we found was another Kraken night had on the sea of thieves…

• Beautiful random adventure and post hair haha
    I recently just started going with the wind and doing random shit do a mission but tackling anything like mega and skellys as I go nothing feels better when taking one of them out
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Some shots on that last clip in the dark. Well played
  • Nice impromptu lunchtime sesh with Chaz and another pal there while I test out my new Series S. Worth it for the load times alone. The double sinking, Meg, and reaper run were a good bonus.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Nice impromptu lunchtime sesh with Chaz and another pal there while I test out my new Series S. Worth it for the load times alone. The double sinking, Meg, and reaper run were a good bonus.

Yet another random good sail on the hunt

I’m looking for a crew to go to purely go Meg hunting for the legend that is shrouded ghost next week I’m off at least 6 days
    Mabe a wee skelly ship on route

• bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Some shots on that last clip in the dark. Well played

ILbsX2y.gif

• Aww man, this game. Jumped back in last night with a friend who's still quite new to it all. After playing the first of the new Tall Tales we hooked up with Woodimari and one of his friends for some galleon action. While we were docked and stocking up on supplies a brigantine pulled up and its crew boarded us for some drinking and music. We allied, and then; "Wanna team up? A seven-person crewed galleon should be pretty hard to beat?" Oh hell yeah!

We raided a skele fort first, the Tridents of Dark Tides we'd found floating around really coming in handy. On leaving we got chased by a Meg who somehow got stuck under our ship. He reappeared just as we engaged a skele galleon, but they both fell to our cannons. We even battled a siren war party while looting the skele ship's treasure - blasts of magic from allied and enemy tridents flying all over the place. 

A quick stop for provisions, another skele ship defeated, and we went after Flameheart. As it turned out we didn't grab enough provisions, and after some 40 minutes of non-stop fighting we were out of food, wood, and cannonballs, with the meagre items dropped by our enemies not enough to sustain us any longer. We turned tail and ran, but with a sizable stash of loot acquired.

By this time it was well into the early hours and everyone was ready to call it a night. We sold our last haul of loot and had a party on the dock as we gave our ship a Viking funeral. 

'Twas an absolute blast, as ever. Fighting hordes of skeles and ghosts with friends and making new friends along the way. Magic.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Stormy, lovely read matey. A session on the Sea of Thieves is more an adventure than a game. One day it will get old, but not today…
  • Cheers! I don't play as often as I'd like, maybe one session every few weeks, but it's always a fantastic experience.

And playing with someone through their first ever ship vs ship battle put a right smile on my face.
  • WIth Apex Legends burnout setting in and me not wanting to go anywhere near Overwatch, this has become our go-to MP game over the last couple of weeks. We've had some truly epic moments, and an equal amount of painful spankings.

Last night was very cool. After finishing a Tall Tale, Scantaki and I were just fucking around on the ocean in our sloop when we spotted the lights of a Reaper's Chest nearby. The shipwreck was loaded with goodies, and feeling pretty good we headed towards Reapers Hideout to sell the lot. 

The first ship to come after us was a brig decked out in that gorgeous Dark Warsmith skin, skele swinging from his cage on the bowsprite. We weren't paying attention at first and these guys really caught us off guard, charging in from behind with better wind. A few traded shots later with a couple of good hits, some slick manoeuvring, and we soon left them behind.  

The second brig to try its luck was already engaged with skele galleon when we crossed paths, and though it tried to focus on us, the skeles were relentless. A great and tense 3-way firefight broke out. Pretty soon the brig had to pull up for repairs leaving us to focus on and take down the galleon. No sooner had it gone under than the sea turned black as the colossal tentacles of a Kraken erupted from the surface. Thankfully, Pappa squid's a walkover in a sloop and we made short work of him. Not getting a moment of rest, the brig was back on us as soon as we'd started up again. As they got close enough to nudge our sloop from behind we climbed on top of our rear awning and started chucking firebombs and blunder bombs at the two guys waiting to jump aboard, killing both of 'em. Fire covering the deck, the brig turned away to nurse its wounds once again. They didn't bother us after that.

And so we turned in our prize at Reaper's Hideout. A shout from the sloop as I headed back alerted me to a player galleon incoming running a Reapers Bones emissary flag. We left the island knowing these guys were gonna come after us, and with nothing on board but a gunpowder barrel we decided to turn and fight. ScantAki climbed to the crows nest with the barrel and I steered us straight into the oncoming galleon. They couldn't avoid us, and with a crash we collided, ScantAki leaping from above and detonating the barrell in the middle of all the commotion. We died, but as we stood around on the ferry of the damned waiting to respawn the guys from the galleon joined us. All four of 'em, and none too happy about our suicide tactics. 

We respawned not too far away from Reaper's Hideout and immediately checked the map, could we have actually sunk their ship? As it turns out, yes! We set sail for the battle site and after a minute or two of searching we found a whole bunch of loot floating from their wrecked galleon, including their Reaper's Bones Grade 5 emissary flag, plus the grade 2 Gold Hoarders and grade 1 Reaper's emissary flags they'd taken from victims. 

We turned it all in for a tidy profit and a whole bunch of Reaper's Bones reputation. Fantastic stuff.
  • I should add that in the couple of sessions before this one we'd been thoroughly fucked over by every other player ship we'd met. This was a nice change.
  • Great story, when it clicks and things go right this game is amazing. You might of inspired me to sail tomorrow night.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message

We respawned not too far away from Reaper's Hideout and immediately checked the map, could we have actually sunk their ship? As it turns out, yes! We set sail for the battle site and after a minute or two of searching we found a whole bunch of loot floating from their wrecked galleon, including their Reaper's Bones Grade 5 emissary flag, plus the grade 2 Gold Hoarders and grade 1 Reaper's emissary flags they'd taken from victims. 

AkChaPM.jpg
  • What a game, guys. What a game.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nowt else like it
  • It's incredible. Need to get back into this with a crew of motley badgers
  • Last night saw Boozy, Omne, Grem and myself set sail for an evening on the high seas.

I joined very late, unfortunately missing the incident that resulted in Boozy with a temporary ban from Live.
    Boozy therefor dropped out after taking a hammer to his console.

Grem, Omne and myself set sail in the hopes of finding Jack Sparrows treasure and what a palava that is!
    Lots of hunting underwater through shipwrecks, finding keys and fighting SO MANY SIRENS.
    Thankfully I was quite an accomplished underwater swordsman so they didn't prove toooo difficult.

What I loved was the environmental puzzles, it reminded me so much of being there of day one of a new Destiny raid. No clue what to do, lots of little puzzle pieces to solve and plenty of "aha!!! I got it!!" moments.

Sadly the hours went on and Grem and Omne had to call it a night.
    I stuck it out however and managed to solve so many puzzle rooms solo... Until my very angry wife yelled at me for keeping her awake until gone 1am.

So yea, lots of fun for sadly no reward
  • I had no idea what the fuck was going on last night.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Love the sailing, like the puzzles, I do not like the sword fighting or shooty bits though. It's just about serviceable in multiplayer I guess but my god is it dull on the missions or against the npc's.
    I find it can realy suck the fun out of a good adventure having to whack things with swords over and over again.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Heave ho, me hearties!

December 2nd update brings a boatload of enhancements to improve the already amazing game.

Hide your booty!
    Pirates can now bury their treasure chests, which creates a map in their inventory. Or, if you prefer to share the booty, you can post that map on a quest board. If another crew out there in the world finds your treasure, you get a big wad of XP.

Fireworks and flares!
    Launched from ships, acting as signals or tools to quickly illuminate an island.

Rats! Who’s scurrying alerts you to a water filling ship!

Moving Mouths!

Gun-toting skellies will drop ammo when vanquished!

Storage crates filled by the press of a single button!

Saving the best till last…

CANNONS ON ROWBOATS!

eUr1I86.gif
  • That all sounds great. I still wish they would let you name your ship. There's a name plate above the door to the captains quarters just begging to be used.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I quite fancy another sail or three.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!