Touchdowns, slam dunks, home runs and slap shots
  • Grabbing lunch before starting my g3 watch. Gotta skip those time outs baby.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Well. Continues to be a fascinating series. Third quarter warriors is a thing, for sure, but I feel like 4th qtr celtics is also a thing. Given the result of the 2 closer games. Assuming curry's foot is OK money on warriors getting game 4.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    I recommend doing what I did - pick a very meh team with a standout youngster. You will win the chip in less than a decade.
    Rofl
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I can't call this series. Will be amazing if Celtics win, but not sure if it will be seen as a changing of the guard...
  • If you like teams with basket case owners that keep fucking themselves over, the New York Knicks are the team for you.
    How could I forget the Knicks?
    Game 3 was excellent, a 7 point trip isn't something you see every game.  Celtics are so inconsistent for a finals team but the length & defense might just be enough.
    Always feel like game 4 (not 5) is such an important point (assuming it's not a sweep) 2-2 or 3-1 is such a difference with 3 to go.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I still believe GSW will win this series, but yeah, we could be looking at 7 games.

On the Knicks, here's Clayton explaining the basket case they are.

• Great video, forgot some of that stuff and hadn't seen that letter (wholly fuck) before.  Been to a few Knicks games, the crowd is brilliant and far more edgey than other US sports fans.

• I'm less sure of warriors. So much on curry's shoulders. Who knows. Both teams have fluffed games throughout playoffs.

Still, signs from Thompson and home court isn't nothing.
  • I consistently swing from super optimism to suicidal watching this team.
    After game 3 I am positive because...
    - poole is doing little on offense and much less on d
    - older players have great games (Draymond game 2 and Klay last night) but not consistently
    - Steph isn't 100%
    - Celtics length is starting to tell on the glass and having Draymond on Brown doesn't seem to be a long term strategy due to this.  No one else on GSW bar Wiggins who is paired with Tatum can guard Brown when he is cooking.  Pick your poison. 
    - Tatum started to look himself, that was his best game for a while.  As above not having Draymond in the middle really helped him get to the rim.  

Tune in on Saturday roughly 11am CET for all the reasons I am sure GSW are going to march to the title :)

• I am 33 mins early - GSW in 6 :)

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    XD
  • Nah I actually think Celtics will continue to win after a loss and win it in 7 (that's the road team winning the next 3).

• Finally watched game 4. That was nuts.

Meanwhile, at Ballarat tourney this weekend. 4-0 and in semis this morning. Tournaments are so much fun.
  • Dismantled the other team with some celticsesque switching d and into grand final.
  • Congrats Face, guessing you weren't running the Celtics crunch time offensive playbook (14 second dribble on the spot / failed iso / missed 3 from a poor shooter)?

• Well, we lost the GF and didn't execute that well, so mayber. ;)

Good tourney. Was frustrating to lose the GF, but the other team had a curryesque shooter who went off tap. We guarded him pretty damn well, and their offense was just get out the way and let him cook at the end, and we just had to tip our hats.
  • If anyone tries to tell you curry was disappointing tonight then they don't know Bball.

Wiggins was amazing. But that was an incredible team performance. Defense was immense.
  • Yeah GSW were excellent, Boston looked both young and tired (didn't help that bench players bar G Williams were horrific) - some very ragged play these last two games.

• Credit to Boston for not rolling over when down 22. Still half a quarter to go, but man, Tatum rim finishing and their decision making when they have a mismatch is making life hard.
  • Crossposted from the general sports thread, because The Athletic also do a lot of the slammy dunkos and homing runners. 
    https://defector.com/the-nyt-owned-athletic-lays-down-new-no-politics-rule-for-staff/

Disappointing. I remember the Athletic spreading into the UK and they made some decent waves, grabbing some very high profile Guardian Sports writers and frequent freelancers from across Europe - the likes of Michael Cox, Daniel Taylor, Rafa Honigstein, all pretty big gets, all going to do something different from what a lot of sports reporting had become.

A new model, where good content kept a site going because it was just so much better than everything else. They bought Tifo football...they bought a bunch of stuff.

Of course, it wasn't really a site made to build a dream. It was a venture capital flip and is now yet another acquisition where fears of being bought out are placated with "don't worry, we're independent, nothing will change" before, well, you know how this goes...
  • That's a shame, they do indeed do the slammy dunkos. Have some good writers too. They've been paywalled out the wazoo for a while though, so I don't often partake.
  • Dubs gonna dub then, no great surprise.
  • Congrats to GSW, fantastic organization filled with such likeable people (yes, including, Draymond) - really special to win a championship while in transition
    Can't be too disheartened with the celtics, certainly no lack of effort or guts but it's going to be hard to win a championship when your best player's performance decreases as the playoffs continue - probably some mix of youthfulness, fatigue and injury.
    The biggest problem Celtics have moving forward is structural, defensively the are going to be a beast for years but offensively the ride with Smart as PG is always erratic (partially his nature, partially because he is a combo guard).  The bench was also really bad in the last three games and needs a more reliable Vet.
    Tatum, Brown and both Williams are all 25 or under(!) and now with finals experience - I can't imagine there are many franchises that wouldn't swap their current situation for where the Celtics are.
    Confident banner 18 is coming to boston before it gets to LA

• But fuck game 6 was some ragged shit

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Congrats to GSW, fantastic organization filled with such likeable people (yes, including, Draymond) - really special to win a championship while in transition Can't be too disheartened with the celtics, certainly no lack of effort or guts but it's going to be hard to win a championship when your best player's performance decreases as the playoffs continue - probably some mix of youthfulness, fatigue and injury. The biggest problem Celtics have moving forward is structural, defensively the are going to be a beast for years but offensively the ride with Smart as PG is always erratic (partially his nature, partially because he is a combo guard).  The bench was also really bad in the last three games and needs a more reliable Vet. Tatum, Brown and both Williams are all 25 or under(!) and now with finals experience - I can't imagine there are many franchises that wouldn't swap their current situation for where the Celtics are. Confident banner 18 is coming to boston before it gets to LA

Yeah. Celtics look like they're in a good place.

Curry forever though.
  • Yeah, the greats are great for a reason.
    The big revelation for me re GSW was Wiggins, he was absolutely phenomenal.

• Wiggins was Finals MVP for me. Fantastic throughout.

Also delighted for Gary Payton Jr. Hard work, and persistence paid off.
  • Wiggins was amazing, but calm down with mvp talk. ;)

Curry's numbers across series and that game 4 are enough to do it easily.

And, as folks have pointed out, including Kerr. He is everything. The entire offense and the entire dynasty doesn't exist without him. The amount of buckets he creates because they can play 4v4 in space because someone is face guarding him miles from the basket alone is mvp.
  • Meanwhile. Lost our game last night with my 18s boys.

We were absolutely bostonesque. Turnovers, missed FTs, and giving up O boards. Got ourselves down 7-8 early. Came back to get lead then late game execution was 4 turnovers on final 4 possessions to lose by 5. Grrr.

Even more frustrating because we didn't execute basic offense. They sat in a press, which we could get through, but we didn't then run offense. They'd drop back into a 2-3 zone and we would go on dribble drive adventures. Making just enough to not let game get away, but not enough for other coach to change tactics.

I spent first 2 qtrs imploring them to run our simple but effective post play. Finally, mid third, they run it 3 times. 7 points instantly. Other coach changes to m2m instantly. And then they forget it again for the majority of the 4th. Picard facepalm.png.
  • AAA bants and pettiness from warriors in pressers and locker room.

Whole team chanting fuck you draymond is top tier. He better rock a T at the parade with that on it. (nothing will top bron ultimate warrior T though, surely.)

Klay calling jaren Jackson and bum and a clown is awesome too. Griz warriors next year will be spicy as fuck.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!