Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • Yeah that's where I got to. I've got a new shiny telly now too. Diverting all power to hype thrusters.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I played up to the open world bit. No complaints other than lack of co-op, it all felt good and the grappling hook had potential. I have played Halo solo in the past of course, but the campaigns are always more fun with two imo. Hype reengaged.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Halo solo was a solid 4/5, better than it has been in years. Some insane forts and strats, love when there's a cheeky tank if you look hard enough.

However, 2022 has not been kind to Infinite. Coop not being available is still ridiculous (I know nothing about gam dev) and I'm not sure if it would see the bump / I would go back at this point. Those two things are not related.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Halo solo was a solid 4/5, better than it has been in years.

It scraped a 1/5 for me.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Halo solo was a solid 4/5, better than it has been in years. Some insane forts and strats, love when there's a cheeky tank if you look hard enough.

However, 2022 has not been kind to Infinite. Coop not being available is still ridiculous (I know nothing about gam dev) and I'm not sure if it would see the bump / I would go back at this point. Those two things are not related.

I'll go back if they chuck in some new environments to explore. Really enjoyed it but much of the landscape repeats. The setting and equipment lends itself to new environmental challenges, not just more shooting.
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Halo solo was a solid 4/5, better than it has been in years.

It scraped a 1/5 for me.

A 1 out of five would be a borderline broken game for me. A little hyperbolic?

• It got a point for loading.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Genuinely keen to know what you hated? I know some of the bosses are shite but a lot of it is great? Maybe?
  • The open world. It completely breaks the game. Enjoy giving weapons to marines and rolling with a crew? Well fuck you. The FOB's. You play one and its like ok, and then you play another and its exactly the same and you play another and go oh no.

The only thing I can give credit for is the grappling hook. Thats genuinely great. But its in a sea of absolute shite.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I found the FOB’s fun, they were all defended by different sets of enemies and had different approaches to them available due to the landscape around them. Some I sniped all the enemies from on high, some I attacked from a vehicle, some had routes through the cliffs around them. They were fun little battles.
  • Still patiently waiting for co-op here too.
  • I liked it more than I expected but those bosses were rubbish and I’m not invested enough in the franchise to forgive the poor attempt at a story. A 1 is bonkers though, it was pretty decent for a few hours as a non fan and I imagine all kinds of wonderful for those invested enough.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The story in Halo has been shit since 2. As someone who is invested in the franchise, this is something that’s accomplished by not paying any attention to the story.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I enjoyed Infinite a lot. Between the MP and SP I got over 150 hours out of it (so far). Coming from Halo 5 which I thought was dreadful (but still finished) into Infinite was a real breath of fresh air and touched on some old feelings towards the franchise. Sure it was a shame Co-Op wasn't available but I think Infinite is the first game in while I 100%'ed on highest difficulty (well, I tell a lie - I didn't get all the skulls yet) and didn't get bored of.

Looking forward to seeing where they take it from here, I'm sure new biomes and enemy types will be coming this year.
  • Has it been confirmed that they're adding to the campaign?
  • Adding cat ears and pineapple keyrings probably.

I enjoyed the game at first, both MP and SP but it rapidly got repetitive and the 'fixes' just seemed to be breaking more and more other stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Has it been confirmed that they're adding to the campaign?

Nothing confirmed, but this trademark suggests they will:

https://www.windowscentral.com/new-halo-infinite-trademark-hints-next-part-story
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nobody here trying the moistCr1tikal, aka Penguinz, aka Charlie Halo 2 challenge?

Legendary, all skulls bar envy, to completion, no deaths. Apparently nobody has ever done it. First person gets 20k. Closest so far is one player getting to level 10. Only 7 people out of hundreds have got past level 1.

Has to be streamed. His most recent YouTube video explains it.
  • I've been secretly working on it.
  • Watched a video on that yesterday funnily enough.
    From what I can gather it's borderline impossible. Or more accurately possible if the RNG stars align just right and you are incredibly skilled at Halo runs with the knowledge to best navigate them.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah apparently there's more chance of making it into the NBA than completing it.

Some mad bastard will though.
  • Nobody here trying the moistCr1tikal, aka Penguinz, aka Charlie Halo 2 challenge?

Legendary, all skulls bar envy, to completion, no deaths. Apparently nobody has ever done it. First person gets 20k. Closest so far is one player getting to level 10. Only 7 people out of hundreds have got past level 1.

Has to be streamed. His most recent YouTube video explains it.

I did that on the Oldbox.
  • Been playing some arena again. 1 new map since release and 1 new game type. Now the game type is very well done, King of the Hill with a first to 4, hold each zone for about 30-45 seconds to score. The new map is decent too from my one game on it. And the art style is a welcome change from the human art style that dominates most of the maps. But only 1 new map?! It’s way worse than Halo 3 in terms of new maps and its a live service model?!!?

Aside from that, I still don’t understand why the BR is so easy to shoot and kills so slowly. Makes the game really stale.
    GT: Knight640
  • Has co-op been added yet?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    No, still not in the game.
  • Someone's done that halo skulls challenge then.
  • At this point it’s pretty obvious that they should have delayed the game for another year. I imagine if it had come Q4 ‘22 instead of Q4 ‘21 they’d have co-op ready to go and a bunch of content ready to be drip fed. Maybe even Forge.
    GT: Knight640
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This is a shame. The Forge stuff that’s been coming out has looked pretty incredible, both in what you can do with the environments and what you can do with the game rules, but it needs a custom browser which sounds a ways off.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!